Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 03:18 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

You want a come-a-long. Have you tried white cap or orco?

Old 10-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skinner, seatcovers will fix that sweaty-skin-stuck-to-vinyl feeling.

Hoss, what do you use to get rid of that nasty sweaty-threeskin-to-latex feeling?

Princess Auto up here is little bit like Harbour Freight down there. they have those strap style come-alongs cheap. but you can get folding ramps to decrease your angle. can't be worse than my angle, and you get used to it.

oh man, i got the LT160 running so sweet now. new axle bearings and seals are in now. better yet, got all the parts from my local autoparts dealer, which meant Suzuki couldn't sodomize me. had to go with a 1mm smaller ID seal on one side as my axle had a groove worn in it. i built up the groove to axle diameter with JB Weld, but there was still a slight taper to it, so the smalller ID gave me a great seal. I coulda put a speedy sleeve over the JB Weld repair, but what a ridiculous price: $45. that JB weld sure comes in handy for quads and dirtbikes.

and the LT80 is running great now too.should be after $1100 in parts alone. time to sell both.

You guys get snow?? (except Diego Creator). Hah! we get it one day per year, then it rains within the week and it's all gone. Mtns are a different story. some areas you drive through 10-20 foot snow banks on either side of ya. it's really eerie.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Are you selling both to get the new quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]the wife, is asking you or really[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]telling you to get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Once you get rid of those two quads, you should have more time on your hands to service the wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We actually get snow here in the valley on avg. every 7 years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And it's gone just as fast as it falls. We do get it on the hills to the west and of course the Sierras to the east. So far, we have received just under 5 inches for the season. Which means, we are about 4 inches above avg. as of today.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I looked at Orco and Harbour Freight. Didn't see anything on the internet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, i'd like something newer and lower maintenance (i like shaft drives mo-betta). one of the kids likes the '03 Raptor 80, the daughter likes the Breeze and shares that with 9 y/o. 9 y/o likes the 160 aswell and realizes gears are better for downhill/ steep stuff. but he also likes riding the XR80 dirtbike. I was thinkin with a 250ES honda, kids can ride that one too, or wife, or girlfriend...oops. If I don't get my price on the 160, i 'll keep it for the kids. They'll learn.

and you're right, it'd be nice to get back to servicin' the Mrs. But i think I'll need a manual cuz I forget what goes where. I heard The Kamasutra is a good manual.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 04:03 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've got an aluminum ramp as it is. About 6' long or so. I just don't want to go driving up into the bed and putting a nasty dent in it. I'm getting the rubber mat for it tomorrow. Boss doesn't put Rhino/Line-X on the work trucks, just his personal trucks. And they tend to slide when you grab the brakes.

I've already dented a trailer...dropped it at 60 (on 99 at Ave. 7 when they were doing asphalt layover for MD) and hit the brakes in the flat bed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Had a case of the tail waggin the dog when it hit me and turned the surge brakes off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Anyways.... hope to NOT do that with the 150. I guess I'll have to look at a few shops around here and see what I can find.

It's not too bad with the dirt tires, but the paddles and the ramp don't work together all that well.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-19-2004, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I'm not much for In-N-Out. I've rather taken a liking to Sonic.
Sonic is the best.. They were everywhere in TX.. And yes, there are things they sell that arent on the menu.. lol

Old 10-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I'll need a manual cuz I forget what goes where. I heard The Kamasutra is a good manual.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hate it when that happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Ahhhh, Another great road fix by CalTrans[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

On my truck, I use a electric winch to bring the quads up on my rack. What I also did, was make extension arms about 3 feet, that slide onto the end of my ramps. Makes them about 8 1/2 feet long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Never really had a problem with just the paddles. But, then again, I winch them up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Like what LJ?

BTW, stay AWAY from the one in Clovis by WalMart and Walgreen's. Slow. Cold Food. blech. The one out on Herndon/Fowler is much better. Won't let you finish ordering.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel