Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
MD, Your wife smokes in the car? she does roll down the winders right? cuz i have smoked in my truck for what 4+years and people get in it and dont even know i smoke in it. truck dont smell like cigs. & I dont neither. all my girlfriends have been non smokers and such cuz i am a hypocryte like that and cant stand girls that smoke (except Pole) and they all tell me all their complaints and then say that dont apply to me? I think i have a natural enzyme that breaks down the smell and gets rid of it or sompin. either that or my Tool is so spectacular nothing else matters. hmmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would never smoke inside my own house or anyone elses house. I dont smoke anywhere indoors except the bowling alley. they have good ventalation. funny thing im a smoker and dont like the smell of smoke. lol. DUMB *** yeah i know. But then agin i have on average 3 - 5 smokes a day so ya know i aint gettin the overdose.
Toyo, I know from experience, that she drives with the air on and the windwos down when it's 100+ out in the summer and drives with the windows down and the heat on full blast in the winter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] So, go figure, she's screwed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] She has these scent trees in the front and back of her mountaineer. When we bought that thing, she was told not to smoke in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I should of known better she would not have listened[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: blueovalwonder
do u want something cheaper on the wallet and more reliable?......get a dodge 3500 with the 24 valve cummings...i too love fords. i have loved fords all my life, but now being employeed by dodge for a while and i have gotten the chance to compare the two...dodge is by far better. dodge has more torque, easier to upgrade, and a hell of alot cheaper to buy! but i do love the blue ovals.... but when it comes to a hauler...dodge is where it is!
Get real, like OneFly said, they are cheap for a reason. Two of my friends have the dodge cummins and both have had there share of problems. So, it's cheaper for a reason, but, in the long run, you pay more for repairs. You also don't get as much in re-sale value, it's not as comfortable even with the new half size rear doors, that they call full doors. They need to try and build a real truck around that drive train to try and match the Blue Oval. MD

Old 10-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Toyo, I know from experience, that she drives with the air on and the windwos down when it's 100+ out in the summer and drives with the windows down and the heat on full blast in the winter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] So, go figure, she's screwed up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] She has these scent trees in the front and back of her mountaineer. When we bought that thing, she was told not to smoke in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I should of known better she would not have listened[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Aww haw i see the problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] She should only have the drivers window open approx 3" with the defrost / feet settin fan on med. hold the smoke in left hand near foreward opening unless puffin on it. then exhaust the smoke out the window. I can smoke in my truck all the time and it never smells like smoke. but if some other dillhole is in the passenger seat they always make the truck smell like smoke. The venturi theory is out the door when you open the other windows. so the smoke goes to the rest of the vehicle. now under my theory putting the air at the feet and sending it out the small opening in the window and the defrosters blowin towards the window it pushes all the smoke out. Its a pretty nifty trick. Most the guys i know that smoke in their rigs, dont smell like smoke, all women i know that smoke in their cars SMELLLLLL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Pro Rider

What the heck. i think trashe is a Mary K make-up rep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or do you sell tupperware? candle parties maybe? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when are you gonna crawl out of the stone age gather some curtesy and show us your wheels. atv, psd, maybe your ugly mug [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i cant really picture you resembling beavis much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I sell software for automotive repair shops but I do need to purchase some Tupperware if you know of a rep in SD let me know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
BlackandRed,
she didn't get tossed but I think the admins at her work caught up with her 800 posts in 2-months.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hope she doesn't have to stand in the unemployement line, it's getting cold out there and I don't think a girlygirl could handle it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Was this confirmed by her or are you guys just guessing that she got in trouble at work?
She averaged over 10 posts per day. Which I don't see as a problem, Toyo is averaging over 33 posts per day and he's still employed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Maybe it's quality over quantity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

MD, did Skinner's explanation make sense? he pegged it bang-on. if not, I'll post pics. the reason you get more capacity than 2-deep cycle 12V is the heavier plates in the 6V batts.

Hoss, get lost!
Confused, yes, it made sense and pretty much that's what my r.v. repair man said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 2 things he was a little different on was, going pos-pos, while you guys said pos-new then pos-pos on trailer and neg to neg on trailer. He said, pos-pos made it a 24v set up, which I don't want[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Maybe I need to re-read all this stuff again. As you can tell, I'm a little slow in the electrical area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Not afraid to work on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]but, want to make sure I do it right. Don't need a fire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Creator, I like them cheap ziplock disposable containers. If you stow sompin in em and they get nasty just toss em. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] although i do have allot of tupperware bowls and sammich containers. I just use the big bowls for cereal or salad or popcorn otherwise the only dishes you need are those hybred bowl / Plates then you dont have to worry about spillin your spaghetti on your lap sittin in the rocker watchin FoxNews [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] for a while when i was livin with my older brother outta highschool we all had our own cereal bowl/salad bowl and our own silverware (lifted from outback steakhouse) and a hybred bowl plate. then when your done eatin you wash your dish and put it away never have anything in the sink. well except when our buddy moved in he would use up every plate, bowl, cup in the cubbord and leave em in the sink. and none of us would touch em cuz we didnt use. To this day that guy is still the same way and his wife biatches to me all the time about it. lol. I now eat and wash my dishes right away and then throw em in the dishwasher to dry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Quad Patrol

All i can say is anyone who thinks its ok for the government to legislate who a business can cator to can goto hell and die cuz thats the biggest bullcrap overstepping of power yet. next thing you know they gonna put hoss in jail for fornicating with sheep in the privacy of his own barn!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(I had a way better rant when i was mad but when i posted it it gave me an error and i didnt feel like retyping. From now on long rants will get copied before pressing post)
You need some Prozac or if your all ready on it, take a double dose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In California, many men have gone to jail for fornicating with sheep in the privacy of his own barn!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sickos

I've learned at my job, typing it out and not sending it is great therapy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Confused, yes, it made sense and pretty much that's what my r.v. repair man said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 2 things he was a little different on was, going pos-pos, while you guys said pos-new then pos-pos on trailer and neg to neg on trailer. He said, pos-pos made it a 24v set up, which I don't want[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Maybe I need to re-read all this stuff again. As you can tell, I'm a little slow in the electrical area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Not afraid to work on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]but, want to make sure I do it right. Don't need a fire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Running in series (pos - Neg) doubles voltage. running in Parallel (pos - pos) maintains voltage increases Amps. so yes with two 12v in series you get 24 volt while in parallel you get double amps same voltage.

Old 10-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Quad Patrol

What the heck. i think trashe is a Mary K make-up rep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or do you sell tupperware? candle parties maybe? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when are you gonna crawl out of the stone age gather some curtesy and show us your wheels. atv, psd, maybe your ugly mug [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i cant really picture you resembling beavis much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
He's to ashamed to show us a pic of his Mary K pink caddie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After all, he's been in here talking all manly about his PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that we still doubt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he has sitting in the driveway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel