Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Sound like a fun run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, sounds to technical for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]all that rock climbing and such. And I would need to re jet too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yeah 10-4 you aint gonna see me goin above 4k feet. lol. I aint gonna rejet My biatch anytime soon. pain in the butt to sweet talk her outta her clothes. i ride at sea level to like i dunno i have to look at what capitol peak is. thats about high as i go.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Quad Patrol

I learned that about 5,000 is max for the jet I'm running. So, from sea level to about 3,500 is nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] once you get 3,500 to 5,000 she starts acting up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Definately don't want to get into some technical stuff and have her cut out or loose total power. Can only feather her so much before she quits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Actually the climbing isn't bad. Coming down is just tough on the body from the droping. There's only one spot that I had to dismount cause I ended up with a tire in the air and felt bad things were going to happen.

I actually wouldn't hesitate taking anybody with a year of experience on a 250 or better 4-stroke up that trail. They just need to follow someone who knows how to pick a line to miss the nasty stuff. Just need to tell them how to ride the hills (up hill get on the tank) down hill get on the back end. If you have to cross over a hole shift your weight as you cross it. You do definately need to work the clutch though on a manual.

I guess it comes from riding the technical stuff at Miami that I didn't really have a fit up there. Just wish it wasn't 1.5 hr drive (67 miles or so) from home.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

all the best rides are 1-2 hours or longer, from home. the granite mtn looks cool.

i bought a used digital for the rides; Minolta 4.0 megapix, 4X optical zoom. only came with 16mb card, but i have extras. I paid $110. I figured that one would be okay for rides. My Fuji Finepix S602 cost me too much $$ to risk beating on while riding. only thing i don't like about the Minolta is the on/off button is way too sensitive, and comes on easily when you slide it inside the camera bag.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

LJ, i just read that Bombardier and John Deere have recalled a whole bunch of their models for brake line problems? RU aware of this? I'd look into it. it involves several different models and a few different years.

ARe these quads made in the same factory??
I can't believe a good 'ol American company like John Deere would align themselves with these commie-icicle heads to the north, especially the french ones.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

When i used to take pictures for Transworld skateboarding and others for snowboarding i cant count how many 500 - $1000 lenses got broken[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Sometimes the bastards mess up and hit ya. lol. thats the life of a photographer i suppose. I have no problem packin a camera in my backpack. Just not a huge one when i really riding. if i just put put across the dunes i wouldnt care what i was packin. I want a helmet cam so i can record some of the trail rides we go on. it would be pretty funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Skinner, nice pics.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

WTF HOSS!!! Nice avatar. you sexy man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I like fat chicks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel