Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

[quote]
[i]I was feeling under the weather today so I called in dead. Damn cold!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I just love it when you try to sleep with a plugged up nose and sore throat.q]

I got me a very sore throat too. Yesterday I had Uvulopalatoplasty surgery on my throat and a tonsillectomy. very fun stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Uvulopalatoplasty is were the doctor cuts the little thingy that hangs down in the back of your month and removes most of the upper palate to increase breathing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

While you guys are chowing down on yer TriTips, I enjoying another bowl of jello[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we get 1-2 days of snow per year, and they usually melt with rain within 2-3 days of that. maybe 1 week of barely below freezing, but lots of rain. but when we get a good snow it's so entertaining to watch all the asian drivers play bumper cars. they all own Mercedes, Infiniti, Porsche SUVs, for that one day of snow per year. and then they think 4x4 means you can stop faster on ice!! i've driven up north a fair amount and can drive in the snow, but i get po'ed at the 5mph folk. get the f*** outta my way!! put a plow on the PSd and push 'em off the road!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

so creator, is that surgery to help with snoring? my wife would love me to do that. when we go on curling bonspiels nobody wants to room with me cuz they think i'm gonna die from choking and snoring. i don't know what they're whining about, i'm always the last to bed in a drunken stupor around 4-5AM.

Old 10-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

I'm late to the party as usual, but here's what we do with our trailer during the winter. We blow out the lines, drain the heater, and put the RV anti-freeze in the traps and on top of the 'flapper' in the toilet. Problem is, we like to use our trailer during the winter sometimes, so all the work goes to pot and off we go. Then we have to do it all over again.

I've got solar panels on the roof so the batteries are always charged. I just check the water periodically to make sure it's up to 'level'.

I've heard the RV anti-freeze actually can freeze. It just doesn't expand like water does, so there's no damage. Is this true?

And now that it's cold out, I've got to change the oil in our quads because I've been lazy and waited too (oooooo) long. Damn, I hate when that happens.

Old 10-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

I had sleep apnea. That's where you stop breathing during the night. After my sleep study it was found that I stopped breathing for 10 seconds or more, over 250 times a night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You can go to bed and get the hours of sleep in but still not feel rested. You want to sleep during the day and you can fall asleep very quickly, within a minute.

I snored like a freight train and drove anybody crazy. My kids could hear me down the hall with the doors closed!

Last night my wife stated that I didn't snore at all so let's see how this plays out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer<brthat. . i don't know what they're whining about, i'm always the last to bed in a drunken stupor around 4-5AM.
That makes it worse. You're laying on your back and the airway is blocked causing you to snore and stop breathing. Have it checked out

Old 10-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer<brthat. . i don't know what they're whining about, i'm always the last to bed in a drunken stupor around 4-5AM.
That makes it worse. You're laying on your back and the airway is blocked causing you to snore and stop breathing. Have it checked out
ya, i figured that. I'm told by people that it's scary to listen to me sleep cuz i stop breathing for so long. my curling teammates joked they'd hear me stop breathing, dial 9-1...and I'd start to suck wind just before they got the last "1" dialed. I thot i should start by losing my beer gut and getting back in good cardio-condition, and then getting it checked out, but it doesn't seem the beer gut is going anywhere soon and i never seem to make time for exercise. when i was in good shape, i think my breathing was better. so maybe one day i'll finally go. i just don't like going for any medical apts unless I'm bleeding profusely or semi-comatose. my friends say it's worse than snoring cuz there's no rhythm to it, long periods of no noise then sucking for air like a drowning man.

Old 10-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrTommy
I'm late to the party as usual, but here's what we do with our trailer during the winter. We blow out the lines, drain the heater, and put the RV anti-freeze in the traps and on top of the 'flapper' in the toilet. Problem is, we like to use our trailer during the winter sometimes, so all the work goes to pot and off we go. Then we have to do it all over again.

I've got solar panels on the roof so the batteries are always charged. I just check the water periodically to make sure it's up to 'level'.

I've heard the RV anti-freeze actually can freeze. It just doesn't expand like water does, so there's no damage. Is this true?

And now that it's cold out, I've got to change the oil in our quads because I've been lazy and waited too (oooooo) long. Damn, I hate when that happens.
hey Pa, it's just good to see ya come and check in on your kids every once in awhile. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Don't wait to get yourself checked out. I just went to a funeral on a judge I bailiffed for, he had put off seeing a doctor and then, had a massive heart attack at 53[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He was in "great shape" so, we all thought and so did he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Now, he's no longer here. Get it checked out, wife might even open up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]a little bit more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
And when your drowning, you only get about 2 breathes and that's it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]lungs get filled with water. We all would also like to get rid of our guts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]But, usually it's just left alone and life goes on.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel