Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Jeez, I go off to work for a couple days and when I get back I'm PAGES behind - and the topics have left me behind as well.

Who are Bob and Doug? I'm an XM Radio addict now (on the road anyway) so if these guys aren't there, they're out of luck for MY listenership... ha.

Oh, and Carson City almost burned down and my last "between trips" hometime was spent surfing for info about the fire. In-laws had a mandatory evac for one night so we had them here. Now it appears most of it is under control. Whew! Almost burned down a brand new 'watering hole' called Sparkies. What a near tragedy!

I like Diet Pepsi - with Meyers and Cherry Flavored Brandy. Can't stand the 'real' stuff anymore. Just too damned sweet! Plus the empty cans attract pesky little creatures.

Speaking of Cabela's (someone was weren't they?), there is a rumor that they're going to build one in Reno. Gadzooks, there goes the bank account.

Someone was talking about Moab. We almost were out that way this fall, but I wasn't able to get the right week off to attend the HUGE Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree in Marysvale. We had our money in and everything. Got a complete refund though, and I guess we may just try again next year. Then again, we're not sure we want to be ridding in groups of 50-60 ATV'ers. Can you IMAGINE the dust???

Old 07-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Same area between Beasore & Minaretes? Looking for another 7S02?

Try that other site with the scans of the quads I found. ONly problem is that there is WAY too much detail to print them 8.5x11. Gotta love having a plotter (max width of 24") at the office. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And we just got in a big pack of 24x36 paper. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-19-2004, 03:43 AM
Quad Patrol

BlackandRed, thanks for the info on the Poker Run. So, if I take the kids along, can they just ride or do they need to pay? Of course, they won't be playing in the poker run. Actually, on second thought. Maybe it will just be the wife and I. 60 miles is a lot of riding.

MrTommy, no kidding on falling behind after a couple days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We don't just reply, We write novels[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The wife said, I was worse then a woman on my cell phone. If she only saw some of my posts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Glad everything worked out with you on the fire. People just don't take them serious enough.
It was me who mentioned Cabela's. Whitewater mentioned REI. It would be cool if Cabela's built one in Reno. Sacramento would be better yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, Reno is only 3 hours away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I love their stores, been to them back in Nebraska. Thought I died and went to Heaven[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]You mentioned Pepsi and ants. It never hit me that that they don't like diet, I know if you leave a regular Pepsi sitting around. Kiss it good-bye[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The jamboree would be cool to attend. But, riding with that many atv's is crazy. The dust would be terrible. Would need that scba someone posted in another thread (was that you BalckandRed) But, seeing all kinds of different atvs would be cool. Definately getting into these quads way too much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 07-19-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black and red, an ex-US Navy buddy of mine told me this joke 100's of times.

what does fecal material sound like when it hits the air mover? Maaarrrriiinne (Marine). guess ya gotta appreciate the rivalry amoungst the various armed forces to laugh at that one.

Mr. Tommy, Bob and Doug was a comedy skit on SCTV that evolved. They were two drunkin' beer drinkin', chain smokin', Canadian back-bacon eatin' fools. It was sorta a parody of the typical US stereotype of us Canadians living in the great white north. Bob was played by Dave Thomas, who's been in tons of shows and movies. He played Russell the pharmacist in Grace Under Fire. Rick Moranis was Doug, and he's been in tons of shows too. SCTV was similar to Saturday Night Live in that it produced lots of good comedians (John Candy, Eugene Levy, Harold Ramis, Martin Short, Joe Flaherty, etc..).

Rescue, we're sooo close to photos!! My buddy took tons of digitals today of our ride at Larson Hill. What a blast we had today, but long day. Left at 7:00AM, home at 11:30 PM. We put 60 miles of trails on today.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

This group is very family oriented so I'm sure there will be tons of kids around (there were in May!). Those that don't ride, and want to play can draw cards when it's all done. We might have to work something out if people don't want to pay $25 for the poker run. I know it would be rather steep for me if I had more than myself. Usually we have a big potluck. Some of the money goes to buying tri-tips for the main dish. Then other people end up bringing side dishes and what not. I'm assuming that's where the other 25% goes. Kind of like just a dinner ticket. We had 4 toy boxes and about 5 or 6 tents up there. And some locals.

We made a long ride (60 miles) out to Little Nelly Falls which is just outside of Yosemite. It was really cool of a ride, even though I thought that I'd try out doing a barrel roll manuever on the corner...too much Top Gun and flight sims as a kid I guess.

The reasons that ants don't go for diet sodas is because they use non-nutritive sweetners (Aspartame [most all diets] or Splenda in RC Cola.) IT just doesn't do anything for ants. They don't drink for enjoyment.

I don't think it was me who meantioned SCBA. At least that I don't recall. Keep meaning to try the dust mask thing though.

I understand the whole armed forces branches ribbing each other. My grandfather used to always claim that the Navy was part of the Marine Corpes. My brother did enough time for both of us. 1 year of schooling (Orlando, FL) and 5 years active duty as a Machinist Mate aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. He had to leave or he was "going to kill someone" according to him. He couldn't stand the new recruits. No respect. Wouldn't obey orders (such as taking the trash out) and don't even get him started on women on the ships. WOW. Great in concept, but doesn't work out that well.

Now that wasn't too long. I've been waiting for you fools to post all day! LOL. The supervisor is gone to Europe for 5 weeks...so make sure you guys post a lot during the day if you can. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Thanks for clearing up the Bob and Tom, I know who your talking about. I just can't pictures the two of them (Thomas and Moranis) being together as a Laurel and Hardie, Abbot and Costello, Sonny and Cher, Ok, I went blank and wasn't done typing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Getting up that early, riding 60 miles and getting home at 11:30 must be tiring[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Did you take your motrin, centrum? That way, you can move around in the morning when you wake up, especially when you need to run to the little boys room? That's good about the pictures. Thought you were avoiding posting them. You know we are expecting some that will put everyones to shame. Great camping photos, towing rigs, atv's, family and anything extra curricular[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Back on track with the thread, How did you tow rig do today? No problems?

Old 07-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

c'mon rescue, where are your deductive reasoning skills? I thought you were in law enforcememnt? who's got a PhD in Health and Safety? Any bells ringing? It was whitewater.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , Mr. Hepa filter!!

I posted pics, so now moderator has to approve. these are VERY temp, just to see if I could do it. Can't wait to post pics from today.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:57 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
c'mon rescue, where are your deductive reasoning skills? I thought you were in law enforcememnt? who's got a PhD in Health and Safety? Any bells ringing? It was whitewater.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , Mr. Hepa filter!!

I posted pics, so now moderator has to approve. these are VERY temp, just to see if I could do it. Can't wait to post pics from today.
LOL, Be right back. Let me see those pictures

Old 07-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Quad Patrol

No pictures yet, Must be in the O-zone, headed back to earth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, let me finish my reading

Old 07-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Quad Patrol

No pictures yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Well, the deductive skills are diminishing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Maybe I need to take the centrum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I knew it was someone, and I try not to think of whitewater, he seems to always be clowning, I mean playing around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Confused, Just approved your pictures. Look good in Jail House orange, we issue those to the protective types[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nice rigs. You have more juevos, then I do to ride the quads up that ramp, Have you tried winching them up? Beautiful county[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel