Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver

YOU GOT TO BE JOKING[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Does my screen name mean anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im wasnt sure if you were retired from that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Im thinking we can work a trade, wheel spacers for you filling my scuba tank?

I'm resisting giving that up to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Sssooooooo, I still have all my gear. The swap sounds good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, when was the last time the tank was inspected? Needs a visual every year and a hydro every 5 years. And I just happen to have a card for 10 free re-fills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
Thanks for the help guys, I have one more resource to check this weekend, friend of a friend who is a diesel mechanic for Ford. He does aftermarket upgrades to them on the side and knows those trucks inside and out.

The Superchips Programmer makes a copy of the stock tuning and stores it on the unit so you can install the performance tuning. When you want to change back, it takes the stock tuning and re-loads it to the computer.

TPR
If the programmer is lost youre outta luck. Im pretty sure you have to get the computer reflashed.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
That or any programmer won't do anything to change oil pressure. That's a bunch of doo-doo (trying to clean up the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

A couple of things ahve happened here. Either heat got to the oil lines and/or the oil rings & connections, The tech did not do a proper repair to the first issue, the pressure relief valve is stuck or letting too much pressure pass through the system, and/or you have a bad oil filter.

Change the oil & filter and then take a oil pressure test to see what the oil pressure is at idle and at higher rpm's. Then you can find out if it's an internal issue or poor repair job.

My two cents................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] good luck with it
Creator, the MODS appreciate that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR, I would trust what Creator aka: Trasher speaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I too, can't see how they are related.

Boy do I have you fooled[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Quad Patrol

That or any programmer won't do anything to change oil pressure. That's a bunch of doo-doo (trying to clean up the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

A couple of things ahve happened here. Either heat got to the oil lines and/or the oil rings & connections, The tech did not do a proper repair to the first issue, the pressure relief valve is stuck or letting too much pressure pass through the system, and/or you have a bad oil filter.

Change the oil & filter and then take a oil pressure test to see what the oil pressure is at idle and at higher rpm's. Then you can find out if it's an internal issue or poor repair job.

My two cents................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] good luck with it
Creator, the MODS appreciate that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR, I would trust what Creator aka: Trasher speaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I too, can't see how they are related.

Boy do I have you fooled[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Welp guys. Im outta here for teh weekend. Going to Del Mar for Spirit West Coast. Goin to see a few of my favorite bands and take some pics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Goin to work right now and then get home at 2:30 and drive till we get there. Hopefully its not after 12:30AM so we can get in. lol Takin the trailer. The Grapevine should be a blast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

And yeh, im pulling teh whole way. Just me and my mom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2005, 01:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm resisting giving that up to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Sssooooooo, I still have all my gear. The swap sounds good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, when was the last time the tank was inspected? Needs a visual every year and a hydro every 5 years. And I just happen to have a card for 10 free re-fills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I would say resist as long as possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am not sure about the hydro but it has been about 14 mos since it was filled last. Is there some kind of markings on it? I could bring it to carnegie mon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2005, 01:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Welp guys. Im outta here for teh weekend. Going to Del Mar for Spirit West Coast. Goin to see a few of my favorite bands and take some pics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Goin to work right now and then get home at 2:30 and drive till we get there. Hopefully its not after 12:30AM so we can get in. lol Takin the trailer. The Grapevine should be a blast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

And yeh, im pulling teh whole way. Just me and my mom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Have a good time PS01.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I would say resist as long as possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am not sure about the hydro but it has been about 14 mos since it was filled last. Is there some kind of markings on it? I could bring it to carnegie mon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Did someone say hydro???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL!

I got to do some scuba in Jamaica. That was pretty sweet. Only went one day, but hey it was grand. I dunno if I could scuba again. My dam ears are messed up. When I get below water to deep, the pressure feels like its gunna blow my brains out of my ears. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Quad Patrol

Yes, bring it Monday. The hydro date will be stamped into the metal around the neck (or close to it) the date of the visual will have a sticker on it towards the bottom.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Sounds like a great time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Have a safe trip.

I'm sure youwill post your pictures ASAP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel