Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Does this V6 have aluminum heads? Most of the older 225's had those. When I worked heavy line at the Buick dealer back in the day parts were hard to find then. Don't know hwta it would be like now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I don't ever remember having a bottom end lock up on one. Might be tight because it's been sitting and just a disassemly and re-assemly with a good cleaning and lubing is all it would need. Head gaskets were an issue though........... Alum head to a steel block with older style gaskets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Speaking of Toyo, he must be really busy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Last Visited On: Tue December 07, 2004 4:24 PM

He must be holding out for something bigger and better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can't even stop by and say hi to old FBK buddies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
musta got into a real live alley cat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Speaking of Toyo, he must be really busy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Last Visited On: Tue December 07, 2004 4:24 PM

He must be holding out for something bigger and better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can't even stop by and say hi to old FBK buddies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
musta got into a real live alley cat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
maybe she's an extra-heavy weight, and she's got him pinned and isn't letting his scrawny little a$$ up. and maybe she's no cat, but a full-fledged COUGAR!

on engine, can't the main bearings pit from sitting? or do they need some liquid in there? on the Ford Windstars (95ish), they had rotten head gaskets that were sure to blow, it was just a matter of when. If you tore into them after, the main bearings would often be pitted and not last much longer.

MD, i wasn't saying Toyo was hung with a 20' pole, i was picturing something more like a swimming pool rescue pole causing the welts.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]confusedbuyer[/b
MD, i wasn't saying Toyo was hung with a 20' pole, i was picturing something more like a swimming pool rescue pole causing the welts.
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The boat had sat for what 20 years. Supervisor got it, took it to a shop to have it worked on. They got it running for about 30 seconds when it locked. Sounds like it just ran, bearings got hot and let go. Probably had something to do with sitting for so long.

ok...other topic.

Coworker is looking at a 2004.5 Polaris 500 Sportsman w/ Warn winch. Has 50 miles on it. Guy bought it to hunt with and didn't like it. Wants 6300 for it. How does that sound? Full camo.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
The boat had sat for what 20 years. Supervisor got it, took it to a shop to have it worked on. They got it running for about 30 seconds when it locked. Sounds like it just ran, bearings got hot and let go. Probably had something to do with sitting for so long.

ok...other topic.

Coworker is looking at a 2004.5 Polaris 500 Sportsman w/ Warn winch. Has 50 miles on it. Guy bought it to hunt with and didn't like it. Wants 6300 for it. How does that sound? Full camo.
That is a pretty good deal!!! Tell him to buy it.

Old 12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider

He's going by there tonight after work. New price for the Mossy Oak is $6900. I've actually seen the quad sitting out there. It's a friend's place. I see a 500 H.O. out there every year for sale. It's along a 2 lane section of a really busy road so it gets a TON of traffic. Hoss I figured you'd be the one to ask. Now I'm waiting for the Polaris basher to show up.

Old 12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Now I'm waiting for the Polaris basher to show up.

Which one???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Pretty much the confuzed one.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
[i]Originally posted by: [b]confusedbuyer[/b
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!
I'm LMAO wth you Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel