Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

That's some pretty goood mileage there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I get that, too with my 7.3[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And, get get there in a hurry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well, I didn't buy mine to stop, I bought it to get up and go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just bought a digital torque wrench from Craftsman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sweet tool. Covers everything from 5 lbs to 85 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Festus, you forgot to mention he picked you up from a state prison after a conjugal visit and the reason for speed was the prison break- away.

LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, Seeing I didn't ride at Carnegie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] How was the riding? Just by the looks of your quad and mstr's jacket, I know it was muddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am curious about trail lay-outs for my kids. They are experienced[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but, don't want to scare the crap out of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]by climbing out of canyons and such.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

I just bought a digital torque wrench from Craftsman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sweet tool. Covers everything from 5 lbs to 85 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

most wheel on the ford or set at 140 ft/lb

Old 01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
I just bought a digital torque wrench from Craftsman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sweet tool. Covers everything from 5 lbs to 85 lbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

most wheel on the ford or set at 140 ft/lb[/quote]

Hi mstr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks, But, I don't do wheels or windows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Only if I have too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Actually, I have a 1/2 inch one that goes to 150 lbs. If I need to go higher then that, I'll just use my 200 lb a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Creator, When I tow my trailer, my rig starts pulling to the right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Ford has replaced the rotors and brake pad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't get the shakes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img](Thank God[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) but, I think Ford does have a problem with thier front brakes. One of the things I heard, from a mechanic that "specializes" at his own brakes shop. is Ford put out a letter to it's service centers, Telling them to hand torque the lug nuts on the trucks and not use an impact wrench. Apparently, the impact doesn't tighten the lugs evenly, and when they are under heavy braking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]they heat up and start distorting. So, I suggest, have your friend have Ford replace or turn the rotors, put new pads on and torque the wheels down by hand. Then, see if that helps. I'm getting ready to have the dealer here do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My warranty is up in 14,000 miles and I want new brakes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] at Ford's expense[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
check the rotors for runout at the end of the rotor more that .004 can be felt in the truck. are the rotor blue in color?
do your truck have floating rotors?
the way you thighten the wheel can make a big deffence and if there not torque it will warp the rotors.
if you have them truned make shoure thay do it right. it mite be better to take it to a mech shop where the kid is not the one to do the work.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Range Rover

Skinner, that motorcycle, that I thought:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] was going to land in the back of my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]and didn't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] WHEW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, it sure threw mud onto it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I just washed that thing 3 days ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I guess mud is better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then a screwed up tailgate and camper shell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
the whay the bike look it might have landed in the truck!!

Old 01-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

And my back was to that so I didn't see it. Don't park on the trail next time MD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Being I couldn't see 1/2 the time cause of the d*mn fog, I'll ride it again before I pass judgement completely. It's not my type of riding. Reminds me of the closed down "Hart Park" in Bakersfield which I hated. Too many of those single tracks cross the main trails. One guy ate it between me and another guy (Rob on the YFZ) when he stopped for me crossing on the main trail.

Hollister getting side swiped on a trail is less likely, unless you're in the Adobe Section and some a&& hat is riding where he isn't supposed to be riding. I'm not into hill climbing. Have a fear of going over backwards. But steep trails, I like Miami. You take it slow, but you work the bike. Clutch, brakes, etc. Though you can open it up on the roads or a few trails.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
And my back was to that so I didn't see it. Don't park on the trail next time MD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Being I couldn't see 1/2 the time cause of the d*mn fog, I'll ride it again before I pass judgement completely. It's not my type of riding. Reminds me of the closed down "Hart Park" in Bakersfield which I hated. Too many of those single tracks cross the main trails. One guy ate it between me and another guy (Rob on the YFZ) when he stopped for me crossing on the main trail.

Hollister getting side swiped on a trail is less likely, unless you're in the Adobe Section and some a&& hat is riding where he isn't supposed to be riding. I'm not into hill climbing. Have a fear of going over backwards. But steep trails, I like Miami. You take it slow, but you work the bike. Clutch, brakes, etc. Though you can open it up on the roads or a few trails.
I wasn't on the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I was just off of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, in reality, it loks as if the whole park is a trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And, as big as my F250 is, how could you NOT see it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

We are thinking about going Sunday to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Would like to make sure the clutch works right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And, it's close enough to ride after church[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If, we do go, I'll post it in California riders..........

Also thinking about a trip to Hungry Valley in the next couple weeks or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
Skinner, that motorcycle, that I thought:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] was going to land in the back of my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]and didn't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] WHEW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, it sure threw mud onto it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I just washed that thing 3 days ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I guess mud is better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then a screwed up tailgate and camper shell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
the whay the bike look it might have landed in the truck!!
NO $hitz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel