Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

i learned to LIE MY A$$ OFF when wife asks how this hair cut looks, or blah blah blah. I've learned that by being HONEST (= "insensitive and cruel"), they start bawling or pouting, so take the high road and say whatever it is they wanna hear. "Oh, why yes dear, the mohawk cut looks fabulous. Here i thought you might be the off-spring of an acid trip induced sexual encounter i had once with a chicken".

so i'm just hulk-like frustrated with the LT160. I got these clunky rear end noises. went and bought a buncha new parts and turns out i already have one of the collars (the dust seal goes over it, I thought it was one piece; there was a waste of $15). as soon as I tighten the 2 big axle lock nuts, the noises come back (kinda like the voices Toyo hears everyday, luring him to the playground). I'm guessing it's time to take the whole thing apart and replace the wheel bearings. Outside shot the axle could be bent.. i don't wanna guess what that might cost.

worse yet, wifey cleaned out 8 years worth of accumulation from our closet (back when i was 31" waist and chiselled, and she was size 6...whatever, real thin). now, we're both resigned to the current mass and have decided charity could use the stuff more than us, which is okay too. BUT, she's planned my weekend to build closet organizers and i want to fix the quad. guess who wins that dilemna?

Old 10-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
Originally posted by: WhitewaterI read about your barn / garage on that "OTHER THREAD", and I wish I had a place like that.
Why thanks Hoss.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When we bought this place (about 1-1/2 years ago) I remember the realtor showing me through the house and I just couldn't focus because I really wanted to see the barn. She paused when see saw me gazing out the window at it and said "would you like to see the barn?" I'm like "well dugh!" I felt bad for the guy that sold me this house...it was a bitter divorce sale and he just built the barn in 99'.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
When we first moved out to CA 2 years ago we were living with my grandma. After we finnaly sold our house in texas we went looking for a place to live.
One of the places we looked at and and had actually started the buying process had a 4000sqft shop.It was about 45x95ft.. only 2 years old.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But unfortunatly the sellers didnt find a house and backed out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
"Oh, why yes dear, the mohawk cut looks fabulous. Here i thought you might be the off-spring of an acid trip induced sexual encounter i had once with a chicken".
'Oh great confused one- That is some very funny stuff right there!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I always thought they did things a little different in the Great White North[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's really more of neds style [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
"Oh, why yes dear, the mohawk cut looks fabulous. Here i thought you might be the off-spring of an acid trip induced sexual encounter i had once with a chicken".
'Oh great confused one- That is some very funny stuff right there!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I always thought they did things a little different in the Great White North[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It's really more of neds style [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Well, I hate to break the news to you, but, the chicken encounters happen more then you think right here in the Great state of Calefornea'. We have a deputy at work, he actually caught a guy in the act[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Talk about being confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img](no pun intended[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])Needless, to say, the deputy now has a nickname Colonel Chicken[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Went to a call, rancher couldn't figure out why 5 gallon buckets were being found turned up side down in his pasture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]After a couple of weeks went by, he finally found out why, ranch hand was getting chummy with the cows in the field. Gives a new meaning to "milking the cows"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

A lot of sick puppies out there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Quad Patrol

i learned to LIE MY A$$ OFF when wife asks how this hair cut looks, or blah blah blah. I've learned that by being HONEST (= "insensitive and cruel"), they start bawling or pouting, so take the high road and say whatever it is they wanna hear. "Oh, why yes dear, the mohawk cut looks fabulous. Here i thought you might be the off-spring of an acid trip induced sexual encounter i had once with a chicken".

so i'm just hulk-like frustrated with the LT160. I got these clunky rear end noises. went and bought a buncha new parts and turns out i already have one of the collars (the dust seal goes over it, I thought it was one piece; there was a waste of $15). as soon as I tighten the 2 big axle lock nuts, the noises come back (kinda like the voices Toyo hears everyday, luring him to the playground). I'm guessing it's time to take the whole thing apart and replace the wheel bearings. Outside shot the axle could be bent.. i don't wanna guess what that might cost.

worse yet, wifey cleaned out 8 years worth of accumulation from our closet (back when i was 31" waist and chiselled, and she was size 6...whatever, real thin). now, we're both resigned to the current mass and have decided charity could use the stuff more than us, which is okay too. BUT, she's planned my weekend to build closet organizers and i want to fix the quad. guess who wins that dilemna?

Confused, I'm not a good liar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Could it be, because of my chosen profession[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Wife can read right through it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]So, I say nothing, but she can read the looks on my face[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]Your right though, by being HONEST (= "insensitive and cruel"), they start bawling or pouting,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Damned if you do and dammed if you don't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

On the 160, I would venture to guess, that if you tried everything else, then the bearings might be shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Did you or the kids do anything to bend the axle? they just don't bend on their own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I'm in the same dilemna as you this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Wife gave me a list of things to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]that no way in he!!, will I finish[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]And, if I thought about working on the list of things I have to do for Pismo, I mind as well, sleep with the dogs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

rescue, when did they start telling the truth in your profession?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] j/k. so if some ****** is beaking off and your partner swings the 80lb flashlight across his skull dropping the ****** like a sack of potatoes, that's how your evidence would read?? OR, would it be a slightly sanitized version, like, "the purp attacked him so we used the reasonable force we felt necessary to subdue the purp". ?

Old 10-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Royalty Rider

I asked the Beech if he liked my hair and this is what he said, "Its dark...Ill have to see it person first." Eh but I dont care, I like it and thats all that matters. Rescue quit yakin with my man, no wonder he never has time for me anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey chick magnet,
Did you sit your fat *** on your kids quad? Is that why it's broken?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

sshhhh! listen, ya can't tell anyone... but it was from a menage-et-trois. two chicks decided i'd be the meat in their sandwhich.

okay, one bearing was toast and what a chore to get it out. the other one was okay, but while ya got it apart, why not go all the way (even though i'm selling it next week). told ya, i'm a good person to buy used stuff from. but the bearings are $30 each (from auto-parts store) and i can't find the seals anywhere, so far. there's always the stealership.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

A confused sandwich? I'm sure the two sheep were left unsatisfied.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Baaaaaaa....that's my daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady.

Yeah, I went to the stealership today and forked over a hundred bucks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel