Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

MD, maybe when they all open their quad-related xmas gifts, their tunes will change and everyone will be itching for some riding time.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure they will be itching[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] especially the youngest one with the new rappy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That's why we'll probably do some local riding. We've been invited to go to Buttercup (part of Imperial Sand Dunes), but, that's 450 plus miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and to far for us to drive 2 vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, we'll see. Wife found some areas in the Stanislaus Nat'l Forest we might visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] about an hour or so away. I was suprised she went looking for spots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Guess, she was serious about taking the Z400 as "HER" bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 01:07 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Sorry to hear your going to miss Pismo...but then again, so will I. We are going to get buried in the office here shortly. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to escape for a couple days to go play in the sand, but I'd only go because I know a group who's going. I'll probably stay close. Maybe I might be able to head up over your way. Have to see how the snow is behaving at that point in time.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

went for a 50 mile ride today, with 9 y/o and some atv club members. we found some fairly deep snow. since i was riding the XR80 dirtbike at that point, it was just too tough. my fat a$$ weighing it down left no suspension. then we switched and i rode the Honda 250ES (i used it today cuz it needed a good long run). i'm trying to figure out if i need to lean out the pilot screw, OR, if i need to lean out the throttle body needle. I've noticed sooty plug. anyways, Jr is riding the XR up a long, steep hill. we find snow and he keeps going until there's just no way; too deep and he's sliding all over. so i get to rescue his mistake by having to ride it back down the hill and man, was it slick, fast and icy on the way down. yikes! easy on the quads tho! got some pics but haven't posted them.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I'll let you know where we plan on going, if anywhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Wife wants to go to the bay area for a day or too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Confused, what are fathers for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] rather see you break a leg, then your son[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Glad you made it down safely. Why didn't you bring the Kodiak? Or did you just feel you needed some excitement in your diet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The Bay Area? I'd rather go to an Avon convention. Ick. I hate that place. Friggin rat race. I haven't been up to SF in 2 years last August (trade show at Moscone Center)...and I don't miss that. How people can live there, I don't know. Fresno is nice in size. Not sure I could do a really small town. But as long as they had a good broadband ISP I'd give it a try...and riding nearby. Though with all the Bay Area Refugees we are getting who knows what's going to happen. They are bringing their home prices with them unfortunately.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Quad Patrol

I am with you on the bay area idiots and their way of life. COULDN'T and WOULDN'T do it. I don't know what size your referring to as a small community[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] My city is about 38,000 and that's a good size for me. We do have smaller communities, populations can go from 30 people to several hundred. But, then, these are rural places that are about 25-30 miles from our county seat. Places I love to work in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Talking about home prices, my buddy bought his house 9 months ago, told me he's thinking about selling. It has gone up $100,000 in that time span[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What's sad is, there is some fool that will buy it the first weekend it's on the market. When my kids are old enough to own a house, they won't be able to afford it on their own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wages won't keep up with that type of market. In 20 years or so, we will be just like the bay area. My kids will have to move east to buy a house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Man...late to the show again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] There have been so many "LMAO" remarks in the past few days, I don't know where to start (i.e., ten foot poles, stiffy pills, Confusedbuyers' fat A$$ on a little bike, etc.).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Had to get the PSD re-alligned on Saturday...now they think I may have tie-rod problems.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh, also put in a new throttle cable on the sp500, too.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
The Bay Area? I'd rather go to an Avon convention. Ick. I hate that place. Friggin rat race. I haven't been up to SF in 2 years last August (trade show at Moscone Center)...and I don't miss that. How people can live there, I don't know.

I am totally with you on that place. It is it's own little planet of wierdo's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Can't stand to even drive thru it

Old 12-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I'm sure they will be itching[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] especially the youngest one with the new rappy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That's why we'll probably do some local riding. We've been invited to go to Buttercup (part of Imperial Sand Dunes), but, that's 450 plus miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and to far for us to drive 2 vehicles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, we'll see. Wife found some areas in the Stanislaus Nat'l Forest we might visit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] about an hour or so away. I was suprised she went looking for spots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Guess, she was serious about taking the Z400 as "HER" bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'm planning to go to Gordon's over the holiday week (Next to Buttercup). Too bad you aren't going to make the drive but I don't blame you. It's pretty far for you.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel