Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

By small town I mean like some little town in UT or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Though the local "wild life" could make it interesting.
Yea, those Mormon girls will tear you up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yea, the bay area now extends from Santa Clara/San Jose on the south, Oakland on the east, S.F. on the west and Marin to the north. It bascially covers all the communities that are near the bay.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I wish we could even think about property for that kind of money. Around here, dry land in the foot hills goes for $3,500 an acre. In the valley, 3 acres can go for $250K with nothing on it(prime building area). 10 acres of irrigated pasture, anywhere from $300k upwards to $450k. It's crazy.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher

DOGG.
D-O double G If it's good enough for Snoop, it's good enough for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Only if it's girls gone wild for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But, they do need to look older then 18[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Yea right, take a m/c up where snow is so deep the kid almost hurts himself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And then, blame the idea on de-carbing a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We all know, Honda's are reliable and shouldn't NEED to be de-carbed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Logic, sounds about right for a confused canadian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, How did you know, I had to load my bullets from my shirt pocket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
boy, do i wish you were right about this Honda, but it's been a bit of a fine-tuning challenge so far. we went on a slow, technical ride a couple of weeks ago, and it was stalling like crazy. everything was feather the gas, idle speed and it just kept stalling. so i hope i'm getting the bugs out.

I forgot to mention, in Canada, hand guns are a restricted weapon, and require special permit to own, or to take anywhere such as the firing range. Also, all firearms have to be registered.what a joke, honest people jump thru a zillion stupid regulatory hoops and the very things and people they're trying to protect against (criminals) will ALWAYS have access to illegal weapons, and never give a rodents-rectum about LAWS or regulation. sure am glad my neighbor will have a tough time shooting me, but any punk that wants to can waste me in a blink of an eye! Unlike the Excited States where you guys all pack one in a holster on your hip as ya walk down the road, we're all wusses here and don't have those groovy, fun wild-west shoot-outs like you guys. aaaahh, the right to bear arms is a beautiful thing. oops, as usual I digressed in a Toyo kinda way, from my point (there is one). when we were on our last ride, we came down a hill to an older Jeep Cherokee with a family that looked like they were crazy rebels from Utah. sure as shine-ola, they had the family rifle out and were doing some good 'ol target practice. lots of that up there. 9 y/o collected a buncha 30/30 shell cases again. there was another guy on a dirt bike riding along with rifle out, resting on his shoulder. he musta been from Heber, Utah... cuz he was the craziest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver

Yea right, take a m/c up where snow is so deep the kid almost hurts himself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And then, blame the idea on de-carbing a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We all know, Honda's are reliable and shouldn't NEED to be de-carbed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Logic, sounds about right for a confused canadian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And, How did you know, I had to load my bullets from my shirt pocket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
boy, do i wish you were right about this Honda, but it's been a bit of a fine-tuning challenge so far. we went on a slow, technical ride a couple of weeks ago, and it was stalling like crazy. everything was feather the gas, idle speed and it just kept stalling. so i hope i'm getting the bugs out.

I forgot to mention, in Canada, hand guns are a restricted weapon, and require special permit to own, or to take anywhere such as the firing range. Also, all firearms have to be registered.what a joke, honest people jump thru a zillion stupid regulatory hoops and the very things and people they're trying to protect against (criminals) will ALWAYS have access to illegal weapons, and never give a rodents-rectum about LAWS or regulation. sure am glad my neighbor will have a tough time shooting me, but any punk that wants to can waste me in a blink of an eye! Unlike the Excited States where you guys all pack one in a holster on your hip as ya walk down the road, we're all wusses here and don't have those groovy, fun wild-west shoot-outs like you guys. aaaahh, the right to bear arms is a beautiful thing. oops, as usual I digressed in a Toyo kinda way, from my point (there is one). when we were on our last ride, we came down a hill to an older Jeep Cherokee with a family that looked like they were crazy rebels from Utah. sure as shine-ola, they had the family rifle out and were doing some good 'ol target practice. lots of that up there. 9 y/o collected a buncha 30/30 shell cases again. there was another guy on a dirt bike riding along with rifle out, resting on his shoulder. he musta been from Heber, Utah... cuz he was the craziest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You know there Confused One- You have more than jetting problems wit that Honda. If the carb is in good shape and clean, it should run pretty good most all the time. Ever check for rust in the tank, gummed up carb, bad filter, etc?? I'm really thinking you have other problems than jetting.

Glad to see that a little of America is rubbing off on ya. Bear those arms so's ya can punk a can or two if you want ( and anybody trying to harm you or your family)

So you found one of Hoss' long lost family members out on the trail. What gave it away that he was related to Hoss? Was the cycle painted in Camo?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

so Toyo the satanic post Ho is gone for 1-2 days and you guys are falling all over yourselves worried sick about him like a bunch of old kntting-grannies, and ready to send out a search party to save his sleazy a$$. yet you drive me away with abuse and "get lost Ned" messages and no one cares where I've gggoone.....bwaaa, bwaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa (hey, i cut deep just like any one else).

okay, this time i really mean it, I'm not coming back for any more of your abuse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I'm packing up Rod and Todd and we're kicking the dust off this crummy 'ol thread and heading somewhere better, where we're wanted and appreciated! hey, speakin of missing someone who matters, where's Miss Kitty been?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Please, Please Ned don't go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Ned, you are a waste of air.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Take your lame Bible bashing self to the guay forum for some one on one time with Oral R.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k we all miss you!!!! XOXOXOXOXO

I see that you found me out (you know all the Utah Mormon secrets). See we are all a bunch of cultists that worship sheep, goats, and good old Joe Smith....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm not offended or anything because sheep are my friends and I'm not sceeeered.

I don't have time to bash the confused one tonight, but I'll be back in full force tomorrow.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sleep tight FBK!

Old 12-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

It's the end of the semester so Miss Kitty is probably being a good little student; studying, writing papers and taking exams. Finals are probably next week.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trasher

You know there Confused One- You have more than jetting problems wit that Honda. If the carb is in good shape and clean, it should run pretty good most all the time. Ever check for rust in the tank, gummed up carb, bad filter, etc?? I'm really thinking you have other problems than jetting.

Glad to see that a little of America is rubbing off on ya. Bear those arms so's ya can punk a can or two if you want ( and anybody trying to harm you or your family)

So you found one of Hoss' long lost family members out on the trail. What gave it away that he was related to Hoss? Was the cycle painted in Camo?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
easy to spot the relation, he had an ewe riding on the front of his m/c!!

on the jetting, i've never really said jetting is the prob. first, i totally disassembled carb and cleaned it, all the jets, poked wire thru holes, pulled out the needle seat, compressed air, the whole habenero. then, air cleaner and box got cleaning. the pilot screw has been finicky. i thot it was okay at 2 1/2 turns out, but when i checked plug, it was black and sooty BUT, that was a lot of idle speed running. i put it in a 1/2 turn and we took it for a good run this weekend. IF the plug is still sooty, i thot it could be the throttle body needle position.

I thot there were 3 stages to carb. 1st stage is idle speed running = pilot jet and pilot jet screw setting and idle speed screw. 2nd stage = acceleration from main jet. it runs great in the mid range acceleration. 3rd stage is also one of the 2 main jets, for high speed. at flat out, it almost seems like there's a rev limiter and it isn't screaming, but it accelerates well and seems to almost hit a wall at full throttle.

when i let off gas quick, sometimes there's almost a little backfire ("frap-frap" sound) which could be a lean condition. but the sooty plug makes me wonder otherwise. anyways, i want to check plug after this recent run, cuz there was very little idling this time, so it may tell me where I'm at. This quad basically runs excellent, but i want it perfect. i figure it leaves the dealer new, running perfect, so there's no reason it shouldn't be the same for me when i get it tweaked and tuned perfect. that means good, low speed operation and idling aswell.maybe I'm just too fussy. it does run almost perfect. there is no fuel filter, other than what's in the tank on the petcock. I'd hope there's no rust in a newer plastic tank.

what would be really nice is to ride another one and see how it performs so i got something to compare it to.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel