Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Talking about bearing arms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You know how a democrat wants you to bare arms?

Where a short sleeve shirt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] A little corny, but sadly enough, it's true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 03:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer there is no fuel filter, other than what's in the tank on the petcock. I'd hope there's no rust in a newer plastic tank.

what would be really nice is to ride another one and see how it performs so i got something to compare it to.

I'd say you'd be in a world of hurt, if you have rust in a plastic tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'd put an in-line filter on that thing before too long, that way, you know only virgin fuel gets to the carb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Why don't you go to the place that you bought the quad from, wasn't it a rental place? or, was the quad a rental at a sale? I seem to have short term memory lately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]and don't remember[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're close MD, it was a "tour" quad. big difference from rental. in the tour deal, they have someone at the front and someone at the rear guiding them like mules. no real chance for the rider to bag on machine. these would be inexperienced first timers, who probably do lots of stupid things like accidental power downshifts, and running in the wrong gear (screaming in too low of a gear, or lugging in too high of a gear).actually, seller said a common problem was they all followed too close and didn't leave adequate stopping distance, so they'd rear-end one another frequently. lots of asian tourists.

with rentals, you pay your $$, take the quad and beat the living pi$$ out of it, then return it and run quick before they realize the credit card you used for the damage deposit was a fake.

anyways, this guy remarkably sold out his quads in one week. hard to believe, cuz they really weren't that great of a deal, and i didn't think there'd be that big of a demand for 250cc/2wd quads. maybe something to do with the Honda name?? the seller is a lunch-bucket. i asked if he had any of the tool kits with the manual gear shifter, or an owner's manual. "nope, all gone, no idea where they are". he just didn't care. how do you "lose" ALL those for 5-10 of the same quads? also, "we were excellent about our service and care of machines". Great, where are the service records? "Oh, we don't have any of that". I think they changed the oil, spark plug and maybe cleaned the air filter, otherwise, nothing. in a way, these probably got more use in 2 years than most would get in 10 years. BUT, they were cheap and pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

plus i've watched what my cousins have done to the old honda 3-wheelers (rolled them 100 feet down super steep hills doing big bouncing endos and rollovers, stitched together with zap straps, burried in mud,etc...) and they just turn the key and they start and run again. they really do take abuse well.

Old 12-15-2004, 04:51 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
you're close MD, it was a "tour" quad. big difference from rental. in the tour deal, they have someone at the front and someone at the rear guiding them like mules. no real chance for the rider to bag on machine. these would be inexperienced first timers, who probably do lots of stupid things like accidental power downshifts, and running in the wrong gear (screaming in too low of a gear, or lugging in too high of a gear).actually, seller said a common problem was they all followed too close and didn't leave adequate stopping distance, so they'd rear-end one another frequently. lots of asian tourists.

with rentals, you pay your $$, take the quad and beat the living pi$$ out of it, then return it and run quick before they realize the credit card you used for the damage deposit was a fake.

Now I remember[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I even said something about the asians having coke bottle glasses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] that's why they rear end each other[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

With all you wrote, I just think you are finicky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and will never be happy with the performance of that engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, with your persistance, you will get it running just the way you want it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After all, you've been through worse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]just look at what you've done to the LT 80[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Hey. I figured the Confused One out here.

Yes, he's picky about the way the quad runs but the true reason is to get more riding time.
He works like mad on it for a while and then tells the 'ol lady he needs to "test drive it for a couple of hours".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That's some smart thinkin right there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Maybe he's not so Confused afterall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Got to go work on my son's quad now. See ya after the test ride.............................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Trasher
Hey. I figured the Confused One out here.

Yes, he's picky about the way the quad runs but the true reason is to get more riding time.
He works like mad on it for a while and then tells the 'ol lady he needs to "test drive it for a couple of hours".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That's some smart thinkin right there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Maybe he's not so Confused afterall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Got to go work on my son's quad now. See ya after the test ride.............................................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SSSSSHHHHH!!!! she reads these posts and I don't need her figurin things out!! ya, i probably am being too picky, but if it ran a certain way at the factory, it can do it again.

I'll be saying buh-bye to the LT80 on Sunday, when our old neighbor comes to pick it up. He bought it about a month ago for his son. now he wants to buy the 'ol '84 Yamaha 200 for himself.... but i haven't seen any $$$ so far. he's a roofer and with our torrential rains, hasn't been much work the past month.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
i feel so loved. you guys come up with all sorts of conspiracys of my dissapearance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just trying to cover for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Glad your still able to breathe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No broken ribs?? from all that weight sitting on you for a few days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Working all those hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and not having a computer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] must of sent you through some "forum withdrawals"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] man, your daily average sure did take a hit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ok well life is lookin up around the office. Finally have all computers back talkin to eachother and internet functioning at each station. what a biatch that was. anyway its always what you last think of that fixes it huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i have been goin thru forum withdrawls the pages just pass me by. and some threads (PNW) i just cant possibly catch up.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:22 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Upon approval...
Her name is helen. in pic spot #2, and NO HOSS you can't talk to her, i dont want her gettin all skeerrred by your back desert Utah mentality [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] anyone wanna go bowling? LMAO what a cougar she is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geese, 2 threads to BS in!

Old 12-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

What are you talking about BS? We have deep conversations about very important things.

So Hoss, when are you sending that naughty little Mormon girl I ordered? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel