Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mstrquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Skinner and mstr, are you riding this weekend? Thinking of Carnegie for a few hours Sat. Took off paddle tires today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and put on dirt tires.
snow ride up by the poker run area
Sounds like fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have time during the day to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like we are going to Carnegie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Are you scoping the area out for the poker run?

Went and bought a Stanislaus Nat'l Forest map today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Plan on marking it up with Skinner's coordinates[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Today I went to the local Yamaha shop and stood in front of the sales manager[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] for over an hour. Neighbor has been trying to get/buy a Kodiac 450 for over a week. With me standing in front of the manager, he had no where to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]except, calling around central Ca. looking for one. He finally found one at Wilson's in Fresno. Now, they just need to settle on a price.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Find out tomorrow.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Wilson's is a pretty good shop. The original sales guy on my bike I'm sure is gone. Someone had to take over for him cause he didn't know jack. Then the service guy who took care of me was over in sales last time I talked to him in there. Pretty good guy.

And DMV only took about 10 minutes. The trick is to get there at 4:30. Small lines and they haul A through everyone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And it was only $20. 5 year reg retroactive to the expiration of the previous tag. So it's good for a couple more years. 10/31/07 IIRC and they issued a new plate. Not even a PTI sticker. But a whole new plate. Now just have to figure out where the trailer is...cause it's not in the yard. DOH.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

Skinner and mstr, are you riding this weekend? Thinking of Carnegie for a few hours Sat. Took off paddle tires today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and put on dirt tires.
snow ride up by the poker run area
Sounds like fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have time during the day to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like we are going to Carnegie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Are you scoping the area out for the poker run?

Went and bought a Stanislaus Nat'l Forest map today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Plan on marking it up with Skinner's coordinates[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
check your pm

Old 02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Quad Patrol

check your pm
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] check yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I wouldn't have that much luck at DMV[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] No penalties for being late[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm surprised[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I wonder if they are phasing out the tabs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]or, if they give plates when you go to the office[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]all I have on my trailers are the PTI tabs.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yeah suprised me. Maybe they have the extra money to issue plates over a little sticker. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Or people are getting PTI tabs and putting them on stuff that isn't registered, which makes NO sense since they aren't charging late fees. Just going retroactive to the previous exp. date. Does DMV ever do ANYTHING that makes sense?

My boss is still going on about 10K GVWR towing limit. LOL. Hey, the gotta draw the line somewhere. And 10K is a LOT of weight. And that's pretty much where the commercial use trailers start. Except for the Taj Mahal 5ths and big TT/THs. I guess they had Ditch Witch pick up the trailer with the Ditch Witch on it and take it down to the shop complete. Have to run down there one of these days to put the new plates on.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Your right, out of all the government agencies, DMV is probably the most hated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] other then, the State Franchise Board[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I can say, I've never seen a PTI tab on a reg. vehicle. Doesn't make sense to put it on another trailer, fees are the same. Unlike car registration.

Anyways, ditch witch must of been in the area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or, it was towed there. I can't see CHP waiting long for them (ditch witch) to drive up here, to get it.

And your right, where do you draw the line. Most common folks, don't haul that big of a load everyday(thank God) and, their vehicles are not equipped to pull that much. Festus, when you read this, I said common folks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

Your right, out of all the government agencies, DMV is probably the most hated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] other then, the State Franchise Board[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I can say, I've never seen a PTI tab on a reg. vehicle. Doesn't make sense to put it on another trailer, fees are the same. Unlike car registration.

dmv suck

Anyways, ditch witch must of been in the area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or, it was towed there. I can't see CHP waiting long for them (ditch witch) to drive up here, to get it.

i came buy and took it

And your right, where do you draw the line. Most common folks, don't haul that big of a load everyday(thank God) and, their vehicles are not equipped to pull that much. Festus, when you read this, I said common folks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

the more weight the better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad i came buy and took it
Now, that's on way of procurring a trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel