Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Tomorrow should be an interesting day at work. Got a call on the way home from my supervisor. One of our foreman got stopped by the CHP on the way back from a job up north no registration on our truck (not sure what that's about but I know it is due in Feb so it probably just hasn't gotten here yet or it was on the trailer), towing a 16K trailer (Class C lic. only). CHP wanted someone with a Class A to come pick up the trailer (which has a Ditch Witch on it). I'm assuming he was speeding as well. He has a tendancy to do it. I was supposed to make that run last month.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Dam one of these days i gonna have to get some pictures of my log jumpin bumber that bolts on my warrior. hmm i wonder if it would bolt on the rap??? might have to check it out. Since the radiator is aover where it goes i dont think it should cause overheating problems. would have to paint it red instead of johndeere green though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good ol recycled gaurdrail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MD on your bumper what is that a 3/8" mounting deck and 1/4" sides?
I remember you talking about that bumper before, I think you even posted a picture too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You are correct on the sizes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I had thought of using 1/4 all the way around, but decided to go with left overs from the USS Ronald Reagan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Tomorrow should be an interesting day at work. Got a call on the way home from my supervisor. One of our foreman got stopped by the CHP on the way back from a job up north no registration on our truck (not sure what that's about but I know it is due in Feb so it probably just hasn't gotten here yet or it was on the trailer), towing a 16K trailer (Class C lic. only). CHP wanted someone with a Class A to come pick up the trailer (which has a Ditch Witch on it). I'm assuming he was speeding as well. He has a tendancy to do it. I was supposed to make that run last month.
Ouch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] was it from up here? I see you guys still have a few things left. I think your the only contractor that does. Yea, no grace periods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully it was for not having reg. papers in the vehicle and not expired registration. I know around here,(working for contractors) if your caught speeding, you just pray you don't loose your job[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] speeding kills their rates[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]especially pulling a heavy load.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Yeah MD it was. We're finishing up the shops around the F4L. Plus doing the shell for the building on the corner (between our trailer and the corner). I think we are down to like 4 or 5 guys on the job. My bro and and his foreman took off for the slow pace of yearly Stockton job. Cherry packer up there is gearing up for the season...they move packing equipment between WA and CA every year. Bro likes it they work like 3x12 and a 4hr day so he's home at noon on Thursdays. No OT but they are always getting free stuff up there.

I have a feeling the fees were paid, just hadn't gotten the reg and tags to us yet. All the same sure to probably be a pissy day. I'm guessing either they (CHP) towed the trailer off, or we got a tow company their to tow the trailer back. Either way...it's not going to be cheap.

He'd probably have to kill or seriously mame someone to get fired and even then it's doubtful. He's the 2nd longest-term employee besides the boss.

I was trying to figure out what the ticket (fine $$) would be. What a PITA it is to figure THAT out. Looks like about $130 for lic. violation (looks like it's 0 pts which amazes me). Probably a 200+ ticket. But I'm not sure if they will treat it as commercial (double fine?) or what. Found a nice PDF from the Judicial Council that lists all of the fines, speeding ticket calcs, weight violation calcs, and whether tickets are Infraction, Misdemeanor or Felony. I know the boss has picked up the tab for a couple of tickets. Reading the vehicle code it looks like the lic. violation is NOT available (by Federal Law) for traffic school, but as before it looks like it's a 0 pt ticket which seams really weird.

Oh, and WTHeck is up with all the stupid little changes this year where they just changed the wording at the beginning of code sections:
"( ) 1 A person may not" ...
"The 2004 amendment added the italicized material, and at the point(s) indicated, deleted the following: 1. No person shall 2. No person shall drive any "

Was this REALLY that important. I wonder how much time went into search and replace for 2005? Ugh. And with the license classes they pretty much rewrote it, but yet it may expire on 9/30/05. It makes no sense. I can't even tell what DID change. MD....I don't envy you guys trying to make heads or tails. I presume you just use a cheat sheet.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Quad Patrol

You know it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] on the cheat sheet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I typed a sheet of all the major violations that I cite for. It's taped inside my cite book. Then, I have an abridged edition, then the thick cvc[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If I need to look up a section, you can bet a citation will be issued for taking up my time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If the reg. was paid on time, but you do not have the sticker/current reg yet. Take what you do get to court, show them it was current. But, due to dmv doing this through the mail, you haven't received it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Pretty much, have a 30 day period because of the mail crap.

On the Change of "may" and "shall" it gives the officer discretion on what to do. You shall not drive like a one eye moron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]therefore, I am going to cite you because the law says "shall". When it says "may" like You are ugly, but you may not speed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then, When you give me a half azz reason, or, I for some reason am in a good mood[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (maybe wife took care of me last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) I will not cite you. Does this make sense?
Can't help you on fines. I usually walk out right after the court finds the person guilty as charged[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And, it's been a few years since I worked traffic court[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Range Rover

[quote]
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Dam one of these days i gonna have to get some pictures of my log jumpin bumber that bolts on my warrior. hmm i wonder if it would bolt on the rap??? might have to check it out. Since the radiator is aover where it goes i dont think it should cause overheating problems. would have to paint it red instead of johndeere green though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good ol recycled gaurdrail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i'd like to see that if you get pic. how well did it work .

Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, tow will cost about $125 plus daily storage. That's for non-commercial trailer. Also, if it was towed for expired registration, you will need to get dmv paper work showing it is currently registered. Hopefully, (if they did tow it) they did it for out-of-class driver. He should have a copy of CHP form 180, it will list section it was towed under. Good Luck

Old 02-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner and mstr, are you riding this weekend? Thinking of Carnegie for a few hours Sat. Took off paddle tires today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and put on dirt tires.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, here are the tow sections 22651 cvc just in case you need them. MD

Old 02-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Air Cooled Rider

OK, got to work and got the gist. There's good and bad. Trailer wasn't registered (truck is good through the 28th), since '02 (well reg. good through '02). Nothing in the file that DMV sent us renewel so it slipped through. Boss is upset because of the 10K limit on Class C.

Nobody said anything about it being towed when I got in this morning, so I assume maybe we got it towed back. Though it could have been towed under 22651(o)(1) [registration] or 22651(p) [license if he was cited for 12500[IIRC (d) is applicable]]. I'm presuming CHP is mailing the ticket for the trailer not being registered.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel