Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

We're gonna run up to Pilot Pk which isn't that high. Plus after 2 debeaded tires last time and like and hour of getting 3 quads unstuck...I'm up for some actual seat time where *I'm* the one driving. LOL.

Ok, this is kinda on topic. Someone posted it over in the forums on an rv forum site. It's TFF. From a parts It was a disclaimer in a Draw-Tite WD hitch installation manual (or something like that."

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HOOK-UP OR TOW WITH A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE WITH THE REAR WHEELS REMOVED. This will cause severe instability, loss of control and structural failure."
Uhhhh....I don't even want to know....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
md, we're leaving on the 19th (Sat), staying in WA state at the Walmart parking lot in Chehalis (cuz Festus won't offer to let us stay at his ranch, AND i fear for my 17 y/o daughter's purity). then off to Florence and set up on the Sunday (20th?). It's definitely the Sunday.
Wise dad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You definately wouldn't want to see her picture on his bio page, like a trophy on display[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Do you still plan on leaving a couple days early?
thats this month huh? huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Confused your daughter can stay at my place and ride down with me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/p chill out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]did you get the dampner style or the steering stem style? Must be planning on some serious jumping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] elkas to absorb the impact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and rooldesign pegs to keep your feet planted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And your up late tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] won't type anything, just in case, your not by yourself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah i got the dapener style Not the one that goes on the steeris stem head. those is waaaay to much money. The elks are gettin set up for highspeed thru the woooooops jumping is secondary. but it will be nice to land a lil softer asweel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the pegs are to keep my feet on when i dancin all over it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and a few other miscellaneous items to make it all work. Im thinkin about gettin a ROX 2.5" bar riser. but i dunno if i could possible situate it so all my cables is long enough. Mainly i just wanna move the bars forward.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
We're gonna run up to Pilot Pk which isn't that high. Plus after 2 debeaded tires last time and like and hour of getting 3 quads unstuck...I'm up for some actual seat time where *I'm* the one driving. LOL.

It's always better to be the driver, then the passenger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorOk, this is kinda on topic. Someone posted it over in the forums on an rv forum site. It's TFF. From a parts It was a disclaimer in a Draw-Tite WD hitch installation manual (or something like that."

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HOOK-UP OR TOW WITH A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE WITH THE REAR WHEELS REMOVED. This will cause severe instability, loss of control and structural failure."
Uhhhh....I don't even want to know....
Sounds like someone was up for a Darwin award[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If that's a disclaimer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]the Darwin recipient must of tried sueing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

Cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]did you get the dampner style or the steering stem style? Must be planning on some serious jumping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] elkas to absorb the impact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and rooldesign pegs to keep your feet planted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And your up late tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] won't type anything, just in case, your not by yourself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah i got the dapener style Not the one that goes on the steeris stem head. those is waaaay to much money. The elks are gettin set up for highspeed thru the woooooops jumping is secondary. but it will be nice to land a lil softer asweel [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the pegs are to keep my feet on when i dancin all over it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and a few other miscellaneous items to make it all work. Im thinkin about gettin a ROX 2.5" bar riser. but i dunno if i could possible situate it so all my cables is long enough. Mainly i just wanna move the bars forward.
I know what your saying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm waiting for the brown van to pull up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so, I can put that thing on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm going to try and move my bars in, hopefully(fingers crossed) that will help me out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Actually from some other posts on that topic, it seems that Olds. did that as a stunt for one fo their front drive cars back in the 60s I guess. And back for the Chevy Citation in 1980 or something like that. They used a WD hitch so it basically lifted the back end up. Some people go a little to tight on the WD bars and end up lifting the back of the truck up off the ground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Hhhmmmm, I see what your saying Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] was it an advertising ply?

Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, seeing you work in the electrical business[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If I was to put a switch on my handle bars for my winch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Do you know exactly, what I'd need to do? Other then screwing the button, to the handle bars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anyone else with knowledge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (am I asking much for this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) can pipe in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Umm I looked in the 2002 & 2005 editions of the National Electrical Code and couldn't find anything about ATVs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It woudl depend on how the wiring for that thing is set up. Does it have like a remote style controller that plus in to the winch? IIRC it looked like the controller was wired between the battery and the winch.

Either way you would need a switch (or a switch with relays) to do it. Without seeing a wiring diagram I'd only be shooting in the dark. If it doesn't use a relay, then you'll need some big (Like #8, 6 or bigger (wire sizes get bigger with a lower number until you get into 1/0 (one ought), 2/0, etc and up into the large MCM style cables (200, 300, 500 kcmil (thousands of circular mils)).

Old 03-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider

OK I found the old post where you had the pic of the Champion. And the controller sits between the battery and winch. What you would need is some kind of a waterproof 2 position relay. Kind of like a double sided Ford starter solenoid. It would need to be set up so that it locks out the opposite direciton. Where you supply power to one contact and the power flows through normally. Power through another contact would cross the wiring (would supply + to the - and - to the +) on the winch. You would want some kinf of a rocker style switch for the handlebar. You'll want a 2 position momentary contact. I belive it would be single-pole, double throw "SPDT". Of course it would need to be waterproof of some kind. (edit switch type, I had it backwards.) I'm findind some stuff.

I can't even figure out how to do a wiring diagram for you without a <pre> tag. It will just get to screwed up. Let me see what I can figure out.

Basciallyl we need to wire something up that mimics what is inside the stock controller.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel