Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
WOW MD.,. I think you may have gone a lil overkill on your plate thickneses [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hell you coulda made it outta aluminum with it that thick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Overkill better than under though i suppose.. you will destor you frame before you bend that thing.
He musta has some old battle ship iron layin around the yard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't want to know what your doing when and if you break that set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, should we re-name you Fabio the fabricator??? man, you could winch a semi with that thickness. you fab and weld that whole unit yourself?? great job. what's 17lbs? nuthin! i like the way you hid the iron with checkerplate.

Creator, battleship iron? rotflmfao!!!! and if he damages that, you won't wanna see what they scrape up of his carcass!!

Old 02-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
17 lbs why not put an ice chest w drinks in it ? just a thought
I'll put the ice chest on the back to off set the weight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
WOW MD.,. I think you may have gone a lil overkill on your plate thickneses [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hell you coulda made it outta aluminum with it that thick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Overkill better than under though i suppose.. you will destor you frame before you bend that thing.
So true[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But what was nice is, I had that stuff already at the house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, I'm only out the cost of the paint[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if, I decide to change things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I really don't plan on pulling to many things with it. Quad doesn't weigh enough, to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] So, basically, it will be for self recovery. Though, I am up to try anything, at least once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Had a blast out there.

Had a nice relatively dry ride with a couple on Friday afternoon when I got there. It rained a little on Saturday. Not a lot, but enough to have to pull the chairs under the shade ramada (where I pitched my tent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] ) It did rain like crazy Saturday and Sunday nights.

Rancho Rd was in it's muddy glory on Sunday and the freaking MC riders trying to ride up it. I know I hosed a couple. And blackshot got one when he got stuck. Heck, I think the whole group got one guy one time. Track was in different conditions. Anywhere from sloppy to awesome.

Drive home was dry except for Los Banos to 99. Had some good heavy downpours in that area.
Skinner, glad you didn't get all that WET[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We had some down pours here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] HAd one cell go through (must of been the one mstr saw on doppler) wind was howling, rain blowing sideways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Really had to close the hatches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You knew the mc riders, were going to be in your riding equations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Glad you had fun and stayed dry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
well, should we re-name you Fabio the fabricator??? man, you could winch a semi with that thickness. you fab and weld that whole unit yourself?? great job. what's 17lbs? nuthin! i like the way you hid the iron with checkerplate.

Creator, battleship iron? rotflmfao!!!! and if he damages that, you won't wanna see what they scrape up of his carcass!!
I'm LMFAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You guys are killing me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'd say it's a little over kill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ok, a lot, that stuff is heavier, then what my neighbor has holding his 12000 lb Warn[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I prefab all of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Had my neighbor weld it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I could of, but, decided to let him do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks on the checker plate. I had it sitting around and after paying an arm and a leg for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] glad I could incorporate it. I figure, if I go fast enough (like Festus) I can plow through or over anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If I damage it, I don't want to see my caracass either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: Trasher
[i]

I don't want to know what your doing when and if you break that set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Yes you do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, all of you can sit here and laugh your azzz off at me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

I guess your right. Please post some pics when you do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
I guess your right. Please post some pics when you do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Dam one of these days i gonna have to get some pictures of my log jumpin bumber that bolts on my warrior. hmm i wonder if it would bolt on the rap??? might have to check it out. Since the radiator is aover where it goes i dont think it should cause overheating problems. would have to paint it red instead of johndeere green though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] good ol recycled gaurdrail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MD on your bumper what is that a 3/8" mounting deck and 1/4" sides?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel