Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

WTF is that big dumba$$ Hoss? he comes busting in here wondering if this thread is dead, we post a bunch of good fodder for him, then he disappears like a faart in the wind. what a $hit disturbing terd!

Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders
WTF is that big dumba$$ Hoss? he comes busting in here wondering if this thread is dead, we post a bunch of good fodder for him, then he disappears like a faart in the wind. what a $hit disturbing terd!
Hey Ned, please don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel. This damn sugar coating is so PC!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

LJ, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Deffinatly.
updated every 2-3 seconds from our roof. haha
Now thats what i call a LIVE look at our weather.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
We just had our plotters cleaned at work and 2 new ones installed. I have to say, we kill our fair share of paper each day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I don't know what each roll cost, changing them out 2 times a day is not unheard of.
It takes me about 6 mos to go through 200 sheets of Arch D (36x24). I'm at about maybe 700 sheets. Over 3800 pages over all. April will be 2 years. It's amazing how nasty these things get.

What are you guys running that you have multiple plotters? With that kind of volume I'd be running an Oce 9800. But then again, the base model goes for a PSD CC LB 4x4 & toy hauler. LOL. Company that does our heavy plotting runs 2 of them, fully loaded. Scanners, 2 paper drawers of 2 rolls each. Total they run about $115K MSRP. They lease and replace every 2 years.

They were plotting all of the big stuff that was being built in Fresno. Save Mart Center, St. Agnes Medical Center, Fed. Building. Wasn't uncommon for them to have their little Ford Ranger sitting on the axle making a delivery. They were running both plotters 8-5 non-stop, plus had a guy coming in like 5-midnight to run after-hours plots.

I've never worked in a huge volume shop like that. When I worked for another elec. contractor they'd run through a pallet (like 40-50 rolls) in one year. So probably one roll a week. We tend to reuse paper, either front and back, or just use another color to "redline" a dwg. A lot of checking on the screen. Got used to doing that when a fast plot turnaround from the bureau was 2 hrs.
Our office has about 100 employees, we have I am going to say around 10 plotters, Oce 600's and Oce 8100's IIRC. We run dual drawers with 3 rolls of bond paper and one of mylar. It's not unheard of to run copies on 80-120 pages from a job each day. Yesterday we did 130 pages on mylar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Quad Patrol

creator, LMFAO.... in my town, a carpet-muncher is a female who prefers the intimate company of another female!And we are at least #2 to San-Fran in the rump roast, bone-in department.
That's what I was thinking of when I read that.....

well, the renter has left behind a pile of wood slabs (about a cord) & a broken down Ranger PU (blown tranny), with a truck box full of garbage. both were supposed to be removed today. left the oven & fridge messy, and fireplace full of crud. gave notice a day late (which technically binds you to the next month). I originally let them move in a few days early, & they were way late vacating. PLUS, I could demand they clean carpets, windows & blinds (they had a pet, plus they smoked). Also, they took a $25 box of scallops from our deep freeze(before I got it moved). despite all this, she wants me to BUY her surviellance camera they've wired in, & refund full damage deposit. I'm WAAAYYYY too nice to people. I'll give back the damage deposit, but i think the camera should stay.
Hell, you're gonna have to haul off their truck, clean up, etc. Take pics. You're too nice....
I'd say[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Your a fool for giving their deposit back. People like that screw landlords all the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Toughen up or you'll be taking it in the shorts everytime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
OOkkkkkk. I figured this would be a GREAT place to ask this. haha

Time for new tires on the eff2fidday. And since everything else has been changed or upgraded, some new wheels as well.

Heres a pic of the truck and heres a pic of the wheels in 17"... Now. The only thing we cant decide on is the tires. Kinda lookin at the Bridgestone Revos in the stock hight as theyre the only revos that are E rated. Or my favorite the BFG ATs in 285/70 that are an inch taller than the revos at almost 33"s tall, but with the same weight rating..

Would that extra inch make THAT much difference in these trucks? I know it does in the jeeps, but the jeeps are a totally different animal, bieng underpowerd and all.

Any suggestions? Whats the hight/weight on the stock steeltex ats? I cant find any specs on it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Itll be nice to finnally get some decent meats under that truck.
I'm not sure on those wheels, but at least they aren't as ugly as some stuff out there. A little taller would fill the wells a little better. A poster was right on an rv forum, they look like roller skate wheels. A little too small. But you might lose a little power from heavier tires and mileage down a little.

That's still a damn pretty truck.

Yes it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I can't help you on the specs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] When the lift, tires and wheels were added to my truck, it lost 4 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Quad Patrol

You got that right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not used to working a solid 10 hour day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Didn't know so much crap needs to go into a parking lot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Especially all the laws pertaining to ADA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
No kidding. I hate parking lots. Usually a PITA, but sometimes an easy one comes through. And that's just getting them ready to work with. Not trying to actually lay out the fixtures. That's usually easy, just play with them in the photometrics (LitePro by Hubbell Lighting) app. I'm back down to 8-5, but getting up at 4:30 or so every days sucks.
HEY, I'm on topic here!! Okay, so you PSD-posters are designing a parking lot. CAN YOU PLEASE DESIGN PARKING SPACES FOR A CREWCAB DUALLY!!!!! Only in the northern part of the province do you ever see ample room for these beasts, because every logger and oil rig worker owns one.
LOL! Our main parking lot at work can carry a fleet of F350S[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Of course, that's what we have for the survey crews[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The standards in our county is 9 feet wide and 18 feet deep, the depth of the isle changes by the angle of the parking spot. But in a 90 degree slot, it's suppose to have a 24 foot travel lane. You can go to 30% of your lot having spots for small/compact cars. Those can be 7.5"x17'. The spot I park in at work, which is owned by another company, is small, if a full size truck parks behind me, I am screwed. The angles of the spots are like 30%[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] so very little backing up space is required[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Good morning FBK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My lap top is having major errors so I get to bring it into work and have the techies take a look at it. They were talking about re-formatting the HD. I truly hate to have to do that because you have to reload and set up all the programs and trust me , I have a bunch loaded on this machine. Bummer................
Our laptop completely died earlier this week, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Have to get a hold of Sony, it's still under warranty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am with you, sure hope it's not the HD.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Quad Patrol

Well guys, it's been nice checking in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and catching up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now I am off to the ranch to cut some more firewood. Finally broke down last week and bought a Stihl 210 chainsaw with the assist-a-start (or whatever they call it) and quick chain adjustment. Cut nicely, should of bought one a long time ago. Starting it is like pulling your shoes laces to untie them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Our office has about 100 employees, we have I am going to say around 10 plotters, Oce 600's and Oce 8100's IIRC. We run dual drawers with 3 rolls of bond paper and one of mylar. It's not unheard of to run copies on 80-120 pages from a job each day. Yesterday we did 130 pages on mylar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Damn, that's a big company. I think in my entire carreer I might have had one plot job that went 100 pages. LOL

We've been plotting a lot lately. Job keeps changing. grrr. Reminds me, need to order paper on Monday.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel