Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I golfed and caddied a bit in highschool. I just never really found it that much fun. Maybe if i could shred the course on my raptor or sompin that would be fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I played a bit for about 5 years to spend time with my dad at the end of his life. Never liked it much either.

About 15 years ago they were closing a golf course in Concord ca. to make room for some condos. A m/c club was going to put on a hare scrambles/marathon kind of race right before the buldozers tore it up. I was so excited I went out and bought fresh rubber for both ends of my CR500. Just the thought of it was making me hyperventilate. The race was going to be that coming up saturday. On wednesday they had to calll it off. A bunch of influencial golfers found out about the race and went crazy, threatened to sue the city and every one involved. Why they were ok with buldozers destroying it was beyond me. They had to canceled it. I was bummed big time and still get sad thinking about it. That would have been so SWEEEEEEET!!!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mWQ, it was probably the thought of people having fun on a golf course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

On a seperate thing...I'm so tweaked at my dealer. The did work w/o permission. Rear brake pads on the Warrior. I mearely wanted them to adjust the parking brake. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] They knocked off $14 off the labor, and I paid. FAXed em a letter wanting the rest of the labor refunded. Hopefully they agree, otherwise I think it's off to BAR I go (and wanting it ALL back.) They've always been so good too. That's what peaves me sooo much.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

did you pay for it and sign the work order? you do not have to pay for work you did not get price for. i wood call b.a.r. and complane about this.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy I seen Rhinos with like 20" spinners and chit.
NO WAY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

They should be shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Kinda like having a Z-71, that is lowered with low profile tires on 20's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Waste of a perfectly good truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
did you pay for it and sign the work order? you do not have to pay for work you did not get price for. i wood call b.a.r. and complane about this.
Yep, what mstr typed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You were done wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Don't give up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider

They are sending me a check for the rest of the labor ($21). I needed new pads anyways. I would have felt guilty for shafting them for the pads. They called back a few minutes after I sent the letter when I got the correct FAX number. Legally, I could have gotten the money back completely.

Hopefully they didn't screw up my new UNI filter. I've used No-Toil on it so far. Who knows what they put on it.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy I seen Rhinos with like 20" spinners and chit.
NO WAY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

They should be shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Kinda like having a Z-71, that is lowered with low profile tires on 20's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Waste of a perfectly good truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Last week in AZ I saw a 88 Chevy 4X4 lifted w/ about a 12" lift running 20's and street tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The rims had a negitive offset so they were tucked under the thing. Really looked like a big waste of money. The wh. trash driving it thought he was pretty cool though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Hmm I find way lifted trucks (more than 4") to be stupid. They aren't worth a crap for towing much (too unstable) and about worthless off-road because they are so damn top heavy. I don't call cruising to Comp Hill at Pismo to be off-roading.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
mWQ, it was probably the thought of people having fun on a golf course.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
It was probubly something along those lines.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It would have been so cool!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Hmm I find way lifted trucks (more than 4") to be stupid. They aren't worth a crap for towing much (too unstable) and about worthless off-road because they are so damn top heavy. I don't call cruising to Comp Hill at Pismo to be off-roading.
I crack up watching highly lifted trucks. Next time, check out the distance between the tire and the wheel well. You will notice that it never changes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Great travel and smooth ride..........................not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel