Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Just drove my old partner to get his new '05 F250 CC 4x4 6.0 Lariat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sweet ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like the head rests on the back seat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and how the rear seat folds up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Back from Pismo. Had a blast.

I was wondering what happened to LJ...but not enough to care to call. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, you gotta watch the water. Creek was good. I do think we need to bow our heads Lady and Gentleman. I believe it was a 96 or 97 PSD in a 2WD F-350 SRW CC LB pulling a big 5er toy box....30'+. Dropped into a 4' hole. Water over the hood...and into the motor. Hydrolocked. Someone pulled him out backwards. And our favorite trailer pulling, couch moving Karyn pulled him dead weight from the creek to south of Sand Highway where we were camped...with only a 6.0 GMC gasser. I think a new truck is in the future.

I do have to say the F-150 did pretty good on the sand aired down to 12/10 f/r. Little squishy though. I think I'm gonna try 15 next time. Just a bit too soft. However, I was only pulling the grade at about 58. Might have been able to pull it faster, but I don't have a tach or tranny temp gauge. That's the only problem with 3.55 gears.

And there was NOBODY on the beach this weekend. Haven't seen so few people there...EVER.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I did a lil more wheelin today. Went up 222 and hit 6S13 to 6S11 and on up from there.

Anyways found a pretty sweet rock crawlin trail that my jeep could only DREAM of going up. I had seen some crawlers on trailers comming down. I think itd even be a challenge on quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Prolly gonna go back later in the week on the quads and do some more trail ridin.

yeah. so that was my day.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Took some pics of the moon. Only uploaded the best one though.

MOON

Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Nice LJ. Make me a 1280x1024 and I'll toss that on the desktop. I suppose you got your SLR attachment for the telescope?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
White...Im doing good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How about yourself?
Miss Kitty, I’m doing great! Been hectic, though…new job, moving, etc. I’ve been out of the forum scene for a couple of months….didn’t want the gang to get sick of my constant rambling. Oh, I like the new pics. And yes, you are a poser.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Nice LJ. Make me a 1280x1024 and I'll toss that on the desktop. I suppose you got your SLR attachment for the telescope?
Nope thats a 100% crop so i cant make it any bigger taken with my 70-200...

Heres one taken with my CCD Cam on the back of the scope.
Moon
Saturn

I wanna get an adapter so i can put my Rebel on the back of the scope. That CCD was a PITA and i could never get any good pics..

Old 05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Quad Patrol

LJ, those are some nice pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You sure are taking advantage of living in the high country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Someday, I would like to travel in the back country out of my driveway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (without driving an 90 mins first[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])

Old 05-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Back from Pismo. Had a blast.

I was wondering what happened to LJ...but not enough to care to call. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, you gotta watch the water. Creek was good. I do think we need to bow our heads Lady and Gentleman. I believe it was a 96 or 97 PSD in a 2WD F-350 SRW CC LB pulling a big 5er toy box....30'+. Dropped into a 4' hole. Water over the hood...and into the motor. Hydrolocked. Someone pulled him out backwards. And our favorite trailer pulling, couch moving Karyn pulled him dead weight from the creek to south of Sand Highway where we were camped...with only a 6.0 GMC gasser. I think a new truck is in the future.

I do have to say the F-150 did pretty good on the sand aired down to 12/10 f/r. Little squishy though. I think I'm gonna try 15 next time. Just a bit too soft. However, I was only pulling the grade at about 58. Might have been able to pull it faster, but I don't have a tach or tranny temp gauge. That's the only problem with 3.55 gears.

And there was NOBODY on the beach this weekend. Haven't seen so few people there...EVER.
BR&, I'm impressed by your 4x2 doing that good in the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Were you pulling a trailer or, was the quad in the bed? That sure suxs about that F350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, it is a good reason to get a PSD F350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If Karyn pulls another one or two trucks like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She just might have lived down the couch screw-up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] NAH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

And our favorite trailer pulling, couch moving Karyn pulled him dead weight from the creek to south of Sand Highway where we were camped...with only a 6.0 GMC gasser
Yes... I think a head bow is appropriate for this one!!! Poor Mark!! Just glad I was able to get him out of the creek and to camp where I hope he enjoyed some of his time on the beach[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh... and it was a 37 foot trailer fully loaded behind his truck.....want to make that clear... hahahaha!!!

Had a great time... it was great to see everyone... Father's Day weekend next trip???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel