Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

okay, but did you know COP stands for Constable On Patrol?I just don't like using the 'P' word in reference to law enforcement, too disrespectful. Although, I played ball against a team of cops called the Razorbacks, and there was a curling team of cops that we played against that drinks their faces off, and they called themselves, "Pigs On Tour" ( they went in a lot of bonspiels out of town). It's okay if they want to use that reference jokingly, but not for me to use, just them.

My other objection is that I think that's abuse of the law/power. I believe any charge consideration should include ,"what's the likelihood of conviction". I would definitely dispute a 2MPH ticket, and i don't know a judge that would convict on that. As a matter of fact, the prosecuting officer might lose credibilty in the eyes of the judge and may lose other cases cuz the judge doesn't find him credible. I know speeding is an absolute liabilty charge meaning all you have to prove is the person was 1 MPH over, and they're guilty. And they're guilty if they admit to being 1 MPH over the speed and try to provide ANY excuse. SO they have to LIE and claim a problem with the instrument. Most judges will give a 5% margin of error between vehicle and instrument.

I have zero accidents, too many to count that I've avoided through good driving habits and anticipation, and many speed tickets from long, open highway drives. I've investigated MVAs for 20 years. In virtually every case, the first cause is driver error, however speed does increase severity. But stupid driving behaviour is a contributor aswell. I.E., the slow guy in the fast lane infuriates a line of people who then try to overtake and drive in an increased, aggravated manner. Common sense and courtesy seem lost on many. In rush hour, the aggresive ButtInSki never gets a ticket, yet pi$$es eveyone off.

my last beef is i get my ticket on the ALLEGATION my driving could cause an accident. BUT if I'm picking my nose or scrating my hungry-bumm (you know, the one that eats your underwear), and rear-end someone, there's no police attendance and no citation. Hmmm, so if I DO have an accident, that's acceptable, but if i speed on an open, empty highway that's worthy of a fine and points, because I MIGHT cause an accident??

'kay, nuff said. I'll shut up. Rescue, Jr turns 9 this weekend. We have a party, and then it's off to Larson Hill for a great ride. Too bad it's a 2 hour drive, but it's such an awesome area with everything.

C'mon whitewater, I'm looking to get slammed and the only one doing it now is Rescue. I need to fiind a clown outfit for my pics, cuz i'm always clowning around. Be patient...they will come.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gees, what a suck up!! You must be a cop or you're trying to get Lt. Dan to be your friend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And to brag about your good driving habits? What a Nerd!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Whitewater: better than the 12 year olds around here bragging about outrunning officers on quads. Like it takes much to head down a trail too narrow/rough for a Crown Vic. My wise, on occassion, uncle once told me, "You might be able to outrun a Ford, but you can't outrun a Motorola."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Quad Patrol

Ok guys, In case you guys haven't noticed, we are in the MOCHA/LATTE' era. Around here, If you need an officer, just visit your nearest mocha shop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

A lot of good points were brought up about speeding. All I will add is, look out for the other guy and drive safely where ever you go.

Confused, Happy Birthday to Jr. the big 9[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My middle daughter turns 12 this weekend too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
What kind of riding is at Larson Hill?

Old 07-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larson Hill is near 1 mile elev., and is in the Mtns. Tons of really cool trails, narrow, treed stuff, some logging roads, hills, creeks. it's got everything.100s of miles of trails and roads. we have a 40 mile poker ride there every year in Sept. They lay out a great track that's really interesting and very little dust, plus easy enough for everyone. I don't know the area very well, so I want to go with this group to learn some trails. And i just bought a GPS, so it'd be nice to see how it is outside the box.

whitewater, you probably blew a cerebral cortex straining for those and the best you could come up with was "suck-up" and "nerd"?? at least my wife has newly named me "computer geek" for wasting, I mean spending, so much time yacking with you guys. well, it beats being called Mr. Too Big, that was starting to wear thin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we're gonna email Dodge-boy beside you and get the home email , and then you'll be in trouble. and i woulda got back to ya sooner, but i was busy sucking up to an RCMP on one of my accident investigations. man, these guys DO NOT ever return phone calls. I hope you're more courteous than that rescue.

BTW whitewater, my wife was checking your guys photo page and that's a cool lookin little bike you got your son. I saw an adult ride by me on one of those in an industrial area. it flew pretty good, but so tiny. what are they? And my wife wants to know why your wife is so thin after kids. i said you must have adopted, cuz the kids are too cute to have any of your genes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Okay, now I really gotta post some photos to give you guys your chance to let me have it.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Sounds like a pretty cool place to ride. We have never been in a poker run. Forty miles is a lot of riding(I think) in one day. Once you figure out your GPS, you will probably never go riding without it. Especially trail riding, lock in your camp and head out. Just make sure you bring extra batteries.
I'm pretty good at returning phone calls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, I know what it's like to wait for phone calls to finish some business.
Ahhh, I saw the picture that you referred to about Whitewater's son. It's a Pocket Rocket. They go for about $180 or so. They are the newest fad right now.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Power: you mean that thing actually does have a muffler? LOL. Sounds good though.
Well.. lol Kind of.. Its just an open straight throuhg pipe with some stuff in it.. lol Not sure what its called..

Old 07-15-2004, 04:08 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Power: you mean that thing actually does have a muffler? LOL. Sounds good though.
Well.. lol Kind of.. Its just an open straight throuhg pipe with some stuff in it.. lol Not sure what its called..

Is it white? If so, possibly fiberglass packing?

Old 07-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

whitewater, you probably blew a cerebral cortex straining for those and the best you could come up with was "suck-up" and "nerd"?? at least my wife has newly named me "computer geek" for wasting, I mean spending, so much time yacking with you guys. well, it beats being called Mr. Too Big, that was starting to wear thin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we're gonna email Dodge-boy beside you and get the home email , and then you'll be in trouble. and i woulda got back to ya sooner, but i was busy sucking up to an RCMP on one of my accident investigations. man, these guys DO NOT ever return phone calls. I hope you're more courteous than that rescue.

BTW whitewater, my wife was checking your guys photo page and that's a cool lookin little bike you got your son. I saw an adult ride by me on one of those in an industrial area. it flew pretty good, but so tiny. what are they? And my wife wants to know why your wife is so thin after kids. i said you must have adopted, cuz the kids are too cute to have any of your genes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Okay, now I really gotta post some photos to give you guys your chance to let me have it.
I would have called you worse names, but I don't want Rescue (the new moderator) to kick me off of this forum. Also, I think too highly of you to get involved in such childish games.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can you feel the sarcasm?

Mr. Too Big? What's that all about? Pro Bodybuilder? Too many hot wings? Hey, I used to be called the "Paycheck", so don't feel bad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tell Mrs. Confused that my wife and I are addicted to the gym. I go at 5 am and she goes at 9. She likes to do the 45 minute spinning from he!! classes. (hey new moderators, may I say he!!?). She's a real keeper. And yes smart a$$ (oops, I said a$$), my kids are just as handsome as me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I bought my boys pocket rockets for thier b-days (yesterday was Kylers 6th - happy b-day to your boy, too). Kyler's is an electric (from Wal-Mart). I clocked him at 22 mph on that little thing. I forget how little he is sometimes. He rolled my sp500 on Monday (luckily he's okay). And to think I have a Masters Degree in Health and Safety...I feel like a total deadbeat dad letting my 6 year old drive a 700 lb ATV. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] My 14 year old neice was riding with him and she has been riding since she was born. I figured they would be okay - I guess I was wrong.

Also, my 11-year old has a 47cc gas pocket rocket. He's gained quite the popularity with the other boys in the hood (they all want to ride it).

What was this thread about? 7.3 diesels?

Hey B&R, tell your uncle that my Ford can out run...I forget...

Old 07-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Whitewater, I would use those words as long as it's not reported to the moderators for offending someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Your an early bird, 5am, I'm usually just getting into a good deep sleep at that time.
Let's see, you have a master's in Health and Safety, But you allow your 6 year old son PLUS, 14 year old niece, to ride together on your 700lb atv. And exactly where did you get this piece of paper? CrackerJack box?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k
Hey, it can happen to anyone of us. We supervise our kids as best we can. We let them experience a little more because we trust they can handle it. Then, unfortunately, every once in awhile, it bites us is the a$$. Fortunately, no one was hurt. And Happy Birthday to your son. Lt. Dan

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel