Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 01:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
Ok Ford Guys, I got one for ya, any possible solutions to this would be helpful:

I sold my bro-in-law my 2002 F250 Diesel, complete with the Superchips programmer....that truck has been in the shop twice to replace an oil line feeding the turbo, and it is leaking again...Problem? Either the programmer is lost, hopefully misplaced or stolen, and he has the Tow Safe program still in there! Now, if he takes it in, the warranty is voided, they get charged for the repair, and the reprogramming.

Again, any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
TPR
Not my specialty for sure. I might try to find some one with the programmer and borrow it for a while to get things back to normal.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:16 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first time it blew, was before the programmer, coated the back of the engine with oil, the second time was with the programmer, run mostly on preferred tow with a few runs on the High Performance setting (And yes, no towing on that one), replaced stock program and it was fixed. Now it has been run on nothing but Tow Safe and it blows again. Since it happened prior to programming as well, there seems to be a weak point in the OEM oil line. I've heard that the programmer can increase crankcase pressure which might blow the line, but like I said, it happed prior to programming as well. I know someone else with a 2000 PS and they have never blown a line with or without the programmer and runs 38's (Now Re-geared) and tows a 34' hauler.

TPR

Old 05-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Mine blew once, but it was just an O-ring.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

That or any programmer won't do anything to change oil pressure. That's a bunch of doo-doo (trying to clean up the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

A couple of things ahve happened here. Either heat got to the oil lines and/or the oil rings & connections, The tech did not do a proper repair to the first issue, the pressure relief valve is stuck or letting too much pressure pass through the system, and/or you have a bad oil filter.

Change the oil & filter and then take a oil pressure test to see what the oil pressure is at idle and at higher rpm's. Then you can find out if it's an internal issue or poor repair job.

My two cents................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] good luck with it

Old 05-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

And I have 5 years on you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

NEVER EVER!! LOL

I have wanted to do that to my old ford some day. For now I have a scuba tank I use to fill after pismo. I can fill my 4 tires on the truck from 12 psi to 50 and my sons mazda from 6 psi to 36 twice on one filling.

I always tell the wife when I am spending money. She doesnt always agree but I still spend it
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

True to your word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What size tank are you using? I've thought of that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] seeing I have 2 aluminum 80s sitting in the garage.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: rescuediver

What size tank are you using? I've thought of that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] seeing I have 2 aluminum 80s sitting in the garage.
I was told a 90 cubic foot model. I got it from a friend of mine, the bummer is that I need him to get it filled and I cant get a hold of him. You need a scuba license to get one filled. You dont have one, do you?

Old 05-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
That or any programmer won't do anything to change oil pressure. That's a bunch of doo-doo (trying to clean up the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

A couple of things ahve happened here. Either heat got to the oil lines and/or the oil rings & connections, The tech did not do a proper repair to the first issue, the pressure relief valve is stuck or letting too much pressure pass through the system, and/or you have a bad oil filter.

Change the oil & filter and then take a oil pressure test to see what the oil pressure is at idle and at higher rpm's. Then you can find out if it's an internal issue or poor repair job.

My two cents................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] good luck with it
Creator, the MODS appreciate that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TPR, I would trust what Creator aka: Trasher speaks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I too, can't see how they are related.

I know with my Bank chip, once I remove it, the truck programs itself back to stock figures. Not sure how it works with the programmer type though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

As far as warranty coverage, the dealer really needs to prove that the damage was caused by the modifications that were done on the truck. They just can't say no warranty, due to modifications that have been done. Especially, if your problems are "O" ring related. How does one relate to the other???

Old 05-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I was told a 90 cubic foot model. I got it from a friend of mine, the bummer is that I need him to get it filled and I cant get a hold of him. You need a scuba license to get one filled. You dont have one, do you?

YOU GOT TO BE JOKING[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Does my screen name mean anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2005, 05:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

YOU GOT TO BE JOKING[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Does my screen name mean anything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im wasnt sure if you were retired from that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Im thinking we can work a trade, wheel spacers for you filling my scuba tank?

Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM
TPR
The Champ

Thanks for the help guys, I have one more resource to check this weekend, friend of a friend who is a diesel mechanic for Ford. He does aftermarket upgrades to them on the side and knows those trucks inside and out.

The Superchips Programmer makes a copy of the stock tuning and stores it on the unit so you can install the performance tuning. When you want to change back, it takes the stock tuning and re-loads it to the computer.

TPR

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel