Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
[. That was a long drive home, well it took a while it seems. Though I was passed out for about the last hour, or so. The beautiful hum of the 7.3 PSD lulled me to sleep. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And the heated seat was nice on the back after a day of riding.

I hope someone else was driving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah, I was.

When I was'nt sleeping!
Edit: 666 posts

Old 06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Good morning FBK. I went riding yesterday straight from my house (with a detour to the gas station). It’s kind of nice to leave the driveway on the 700. I have trails just a few blocks from the house. We rode for 4 hours and could have ridden for days and days. There are tons of trails and dirt roads (left from gas companies, power line roads, old coal mining companies, etc).

However, some of the trails we went on yesterday ended up being washed out (from all of the runoff that we have had). Some areas of the trail were pretty hairy. I had butt pucker-factor 9 on one of the hills. It’s kind of scary when you’re heading down a hill and your back end wants to pass you up.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Good morning FBK. I went riding yesterday straight from my house (with a detour to the gas station). It’s kind of nice to leave the driveway on the 700. I have trails just a few blocks from the house. We rode for 4 hours and could have ridden for days and days. There are tons of trails and dirt roads (left from gas companies, power line roads, old coal mining companies, etc).

However, some of the trails we went on yesterday ended up being washed out (from all of the runoff that we have had). Some areas of the trail were pretty hairy. I had butt pucker-factor 9 on one of the hills. It’s kind of scary when you’re heading down a hill and your back end wants to pass you up.
thats cuz you ride a polaris you sissy... Ride the throttle a lil bit and use the brake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] your *** end dont pass you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But i know the bunghole pucker feelin. I launched off the side of a road (on purpose) dropped about 40' onto the hillside and was on my front wheels for a long time before the back finally met dirt. I thought for sure I was endoing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I also know the nice to go ride from the house. I roll outta the garage and im on the trails. and if i ride a bit im into our large state forrest that borders the property. Lots of riding.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Morning guys. Hoss...front brakes. That @ss end won't slide around on you. Really. I'm serious. I know when I'm riding Miami up by LJ's house, it's front brake time, unless I want to slide. Hard pack with a light coat of sand....

Hey LJ...get the paddles off yet?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

The sportsman's only have all wheel braking (just like a truck), or back brake only (foot pedal). It's touch and go with the engine braking system, and feathering with the hand brake. I was on the backbone of hill (cliff on one side, and gully on the other). It's funny how going up is always easier than coming down (just like hiking and climbing).

Old 06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sounds serious Hoss. i prolly woulda jammed out or started crying. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] did you take your wife and kids down the same place, on those significantly heavy and oversized machines that could squish them like a bug?

i sure envy being able to ride straight out of the driveway.

we spent fri & sat golfing with my dad in atrociously rainy weather. then when we drove home sunday, in perfecetly sunny weather.

Old 06-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

The fam stayed on top of the ridge, while I went down to investigate. I started to walk down and then said screw this, I'm riding down. They had to wait 30 minutes or so in the hot sun (cuz that's the kind of guy I am).

Wifey didn't want to walk or drive down so we ended up turning around (and of course, I'm too lazy to hike up the hill for each ATV).

Rain? What's that? I live in the 2nd driest state in the union. Actually, we have had quite a bit of moisture, lately. I'm ready for summer.

Oh, I'm going camping on Wedneday - Monday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and just to steal Karyn's thunder, she pulled the eff two fiddy like 200 yards
200 yards.... 20 miles... doesn't matter..hahaha.. we all just get such pleasure seeing a tow strap hooked up to the back of the GMC and the FRONT of the PSD! hah! Our weekend wasn't without issue thought since Miki ran my truck out of gas 300ft from my offramp to my house! ha... men... they just never listen when ya say "we're not gonna make it home on that little gas".. haha! Oh well!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dan.. what's the verdict on your friend that had to make a run to the hospital??? Hope he's ok!!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
Our weekend wasn't without issue thought since Miki ran my truck out of gas 300ft from my offramp to my house! ha... men... they just never listen when ya say "we're not gonna make it home on that little gas".. haha! Oh well!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
It was all the donuts and chasing women down we did in it. I think the license plate kinda made them a little insecure though.... Nice thing about that small V8...it can get some air!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Oh wait...that's right..it's a gas motor...you have to fill that up twice on the way home from Pismo.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel