Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Morning guys. Hoss...front brakes. That @ss end won't slide around on you. Really. I'm serious. I know when I'm riding Miami up by LJ's house, it's front brake time, unless I want to slide. Hard pack with a light coat of sand....

Hey LJ...get the paddles off yet?
Yeah. I took a BFH too em. The holes are a bit fuggered but theyll be ok.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

What happened? Did the lugs taper into the Al wheels?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

What happened? Did the lugs taper into the Al wheels?
Yes, and some of the AI wrapped itself around the studs...

Old 06-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

PSD question:

My overdrive button was flashing a couple days ago. I don't have a tranny temp gauge, and I read somewhere that it was an indication of an overheated tranny. It happened a couple years ago, when I was hauling my 5th wheel. However, I was empty on the last experience.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Any advice?

Old 06-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yup. That's the tranny temp idiot light. It's the "BTW, you're tranny fluid is toast. Stop, let her cool down and go to the nearest garage for a flush" light.

My '04 F-150 actually says TRANS TEMP in the LCD display (Odometer/Trip, DOOR AJAR & FUEL CAP warning).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I'm going to take it in right now for a flush.

BTW, what's up with the forum? Technical difficulties?

Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Man, this Pismo trip rated as the second worst[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Didn't really do anything I wanted to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Like ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Skinner, LJ, Karyn and Suzy were kind enough to stop by an visit for a short period of time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We took friends with us. On their second ride, Friend Rick tried to go down the back side of a dune sideways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Well, he ended up flipping the wifes 400 pound Polaris[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Turned out, the handle bars hit him in the "groin" and ruptured his urethra [sp] then, he landed on his right shoulder, snapping it in two places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] After a trip to the local hospital[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] they dismissed him a few hours later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Luckily, they didn't need to do surgery. They contemplated it for a couple of hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Fortunately, the urologist was good enough to put a catheter in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Got off the beach at high tide[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Wish to thank Karyn for her offer of help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
MD I was born in '76 (28...for another month and a half). Ford was President and you might have been in HS. 88-89 I was in Intermediate (aka Junior High). Grad. HS in '94.
What a pup. I was out of HS a year before you were born. Thanks! Now I really feel old.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Damn you're old. lol. j/k

LOL! I wasn't in H.S. but, dang[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] In '88[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I was already married and been around the world a time or two[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Driving by brail!!!!!!!!!!

Been there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] done that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Quad Patrol

Oh wait...that's right..it's a gas motor...you have to fill that up twice on the way home from Pismo.
LOL!

Karyn, I got 17 mpg with my PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and can Make it home (242 miles) on half a tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel