Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Now, I take it-

1. Someone has a prior and wants to drive in Canada

or

2. They are worried about getting caught DUI[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] in Canada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and that the Canadian authorities will be able to use a reckless as a prior.

Now curiosity is kicking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] in and Inquiring minds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If #1 is the case, if the driver's license is suspended/revoked or has limitaions on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] then, I would see how Canadian Law accepts those limitaitons. Because, if you plan on driving up north on the premises that your license from the U.S. is valid up there. They might have something to say about it. Confused probably knows a little bit about Canadian Law[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]and how it would apply to U.S. driver's licenses.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver It should be what the final disposition of the case is. PERIOD......
As is my theory aswell. so hopefully all goes well at the border crossing tomorrow. hopefully you wont read about some cowboy goin ballistic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: rescuediver It should be what the final disposition of the case is. PERIOD......
As is my theory aswell. so hopefully all goes well at the border crossing tomorrow. hopefully you wont read about some cowboy goin ballistic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Hope not. Don't need NO cowboy screwing things up with our neighbors to the north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would think they are just going to check your license to varify your a actual resident of the great U.S.A[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I can't see them actually doing a driver's license check.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
BLABLABLABLA But would you think in the eyes of canadian authorities that a neg1 is = to DUI? or a DUI amended to neg 1 is = to DUI?
Now your throwing in another Country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and we all know, in the Great North they get a little "confused"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] My take on it is, if you are found Guilty or Plead Guilty/No Contest to a Reckless of any kind, then, that is what it is. They shouldn't be able to say, that because it stemmed from a DUI, that it is a DUI. For some reason, the courts/da settled it down to a lesser crime. Sorta like being charged with a Assault with a deadly weapon, but having it dropped to a simple assault. It should be what the final disposition of the case is. PERIOD......

Just tell them that you are going up there to hug a couple of trees and bash the USA and they'll gladly let you in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

you wonder? you should know. some memory ya'll have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes i have a prior F@ck up.. wild night chasing cats all around town bar to bar and leaving the last bar headed for the border (taco bell) i got pulled over on a BS charge. and i got lippy with my friend the officer and told him what i thought of him. and thus that didnt look well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] anyway i got arrested and spent 8 months in court and ended up at a neglegent driving in the first, wich was better than the other stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ya know typically i am super respectfull but he was a dick and pissed me off.. and i had been drinkin so i didnt care that he was an officer of the law i felt he needed to know he was a dick. LOL. in retrospect im kinda suprised i didnt get beat up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the thing is i just hate gettin accused of chit i couldnt do if i wanted to. for instance on warm asphalt spinning my tires for "Several" seceonds as he stated. and fishtailing. BULLCHIPS BUDDY i had my windows down and i have driven enough chit to know if my tires are spinning. after court I had the best rebuttel to that guys report. "Yes your honor my tires were spinning for several seconds... infact all the way to the point in wich my vehicle was parked... However they did not break traction with the road thus the officer had no cause to stop me and begin his reckless claims"...

Old 06-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: Trasher

Just tell them that you are going up there to hug a couple of trees and bash the USA and they'll gladly let you in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO.. actually i tell them i am goin to pump a large quanity of money into their economy... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would think they are just going to check your license to varify your a actual resident of the great U.S.A I can't see them actually doing a driver's license check.
Well yeah that would be the standard. but the guys im riding with are bringin food and chit so the send you thru imigration and give you the third degree..

Old 06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Quad Patrol

you wonder? you should know. some memory ya'll have [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Yes i have a prior F@ck up.. wild night chasing cats all around town bar to bar and leaving the last bar headed for the border (taco bell) i got pulled over on a BS charge. and i got lippy with my friend the officer and told him what i thought of him. and thus that didnt look well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] anyway i got arrested and spent 8 months in court and ended up at a neglegent driving in the first, wich was better than the other stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ya know typically i am super respectfull but he was a dick and pissed me off.. and i had been drinkin so i didnt care that he was an officer of the law i felt he needed to know he was a dick. LOL. in retrospect im kinda suprised i didnt get beat up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the thing is i just hate gettin accused of chit i couldnt do if i wanted to. for instance on warm asphalt spinning my tires for "Several" seceonds as he stated. and fishtailing. BULLCHIPS BUDDY i had my windows down and i have driven enough chit to know if my tires are spinning. after court I had the best rebuttel to that guys report. "Yes your honor my tires were spinning for several seconds... infact all the way to the point in wich my vehicle was parked... However they did not break traction with the road thus the officer had no cause to stop me and begin his reckless claims"...
AH Yes, now I remember[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You were the one I read about in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Rulings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K You know, I might of said this before, Everyone sees things differently, especially when they are drinking. If you are innocent, why did you settle for the charges that it ended in? Why didn't you fight it to the day you are found "NOT GUILTY"? That is the way the system is set up.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboyWell yeah that would be the standard. but the guys im riding with are bringin food and chit so the send you thru imigration and give you the third degree..

Well, don't stick out of the ordinary[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh wait a minute, your a cowboy riding a raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] We;;, atleast wear your chaps and spurs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: rescuediver

AH Yes, now I remember[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You were the one I read about in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Rulings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K You know, I might of said this before, Everyone sees things differently, especially when they are drinking. If you are innocent, why did you settle for the charges that it ended in? Why didn't you fight it to the day you are found "NOT GUILTY"? That is the way the system is set up.
yeah i understand the theory of drinking.. I dont deny i was drinking. I was. however he had not just casue to pull me over and he was a purguring corksucker. and that pissed me off. and in situations like that its all hearsay. and i dindt feel like hiring a proffesional driver and having him attempt to enter the highway the way the police officer stated. The local enforcement agents around these parts are on a hardcore DUI crusade. and basically you being at a tavern is just cause for them to pull you over. totally crap.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
ya, back on the psd topic, i had some wierd problems today. I stalled a few times, on a steep hill. I'd get it to re-start, it'd move 10 feet, and just die. so i pulled the chip, and it kept acting the same way. managed to limp home by re-starting and moving ahead in 10 foot increments.

so then i go out again (still no chip). it starts to sputter and is puking out blue/grey smoke big time. i can hammer the gas pedal, and it has zero affect, just keeps chugging along, coughing out heavy smoke. so, any thoughts on what this problem might be?
If I had to guess I would say injector pump problems.

How does it restart? Does just fire right back up and idle correctly? Does it take a lot of cranking to start? Does it spudder when idling?

Diesels don't (or gas engines either) like cracked fuel lines. It lets air into the system and will cause stalling, hard restarts after sitting, and spuddering. Check the lines and replace the filter and see what happens next. Let me know what you find out

I would also check the CPS (Cam Position Sensor) They have been known to go out and cuase this type of driveablity problems. It's about a 15 min fix and about $120.00

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel