Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

well, our big atv club poker ride is this weekend. 1st prize is a NEW Honda 350 4x4 quad. 2nd prize is a 2-seater Daizon dune buggy. i should be there, but i'm not. so..., went out and bought an 11', 1994 Caribou camper yesterday. it was a smokin deal that i couldn't resist. lookin for an enclosed toy-hauler trailer to tow behind it. might ditch the trailer and quad deck.
That's to bad your not going to the poker run to win that new 350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Are you sure you can go from a big trailer to a 11' Cab over with the family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]that's a big step down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005, 01:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
BTW, you should see my battery set-up...D-8 Cat battery!! this thing is HUGE!!
I looked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but didn't see any pictures posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Pictures, Pictures, Pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Though I'm completely suprised they got Tioga Rd (eastern route into Yosemite from Lee Vining (US-395)) open already. I figured it wouldn't be open until the beginning of July. Though they may have just opened it up.
Yes, they just opened up Tioga Pass a couple days or so ago( I think this past Thursday). They still have about 12 feet of snow at the higher elevations[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Amazing, simply amazing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the kind of winter we had[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: rescuediver

Around here, if your near .08 your going to be charged. They will bring up your FST (field sobriety test) and time frame, from when yoiu take your chosen test. If that puts you over .08[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They will take it to trial. Unless you plead it out for a lessor charge. We've had way to many DUI accidents and DUI accidents with deaths[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
your DUI defence lawyers must be pretty awful if they can't create reasonable doubt within .01 of a reading. do you ever charge UNDER .08 (if it's close?). do you ever get convictions on readings of .08 or .09? FSTs are NOT admissable here as evidence of impairment, BUT, they can be administered and entered as evidence to prove there were probable grounds to demand a sample.

All of North America has the same alcohol-related accident and death problems. The biggest tragedy is those are the toughest to get conviction on because police have difficulty establishing TIME, and DRIVER, plus the scene is usually chaos, which creates more opportunity for errors= aquittal or no charge at all. BUT, in a road block (of which we have many), they're prepared and waiting for DUIs. They can easily establish time, driver and perfect most of the pi$$y little details that are used to set guilty people free. SO like OFC said, a guy who hasn't really screwed up gets crucified, yet a person who destroys the lives of others walks. whadda rotten system.

and of course, the system is even better if you have a "get out of jail free card" (badge). In those cases there's NEVER a conviction cuz there's never a charge. a few years ago a city cop was smashed drunk to the point he's acting irrationally in a drive-thru. he gets picked up and driven home (like i'd ever get that lucky). afterwards, he goes back to get his veh., tries to drive home and gives his car a haircut on a parked flatdeck semi-trailer, and kills himself. Toxicology showed him somewhere between 2-3 times legal limit. Membership has it's privileges eh Md!

Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]

Why do you call it your princess resort? Don't you separate your transvestites[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][sp][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
don't they all become Princesses after a long enuf period of incarceration? oh, i forgot, one's the mommy and one's the daddy. As the joke goes, which one would you rather be? Oh, the daddy? Alright, then why don't you get over here and suck mommy's......

Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]

Are you sure you can go from a big trailer to a 11' Cab over with the family[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]that's a big step down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
WHAT!! you been talking to my wife?! we're wondering the same thing. the room in a trailer just can't be beat. BUT, there's not enough room to haul all those toys on the quad deck (as the kids get into bigger quads). the combined room of the cargo trailer with a camper just might work. I went to look at a "toy hauler". basically, it's an 1987 22' travel trailer that's been gutted with a bed up front and all the appliances gone. it's got a cabinet built in that would make a great work bench and storage. it's still got room for another bed or possibly table. actually needs more toy room. lotsa windows too. and an ugly awning. so it'd be kinda practical for both sleep and hauling stuff.

but it looks really rough and extremely ugly. It's longer than i want it to be. it's not a proper toy hauler. the axles seem kinda goofy with no lugs. instead, you put bolts thru and onto drums. I'm really curious whether it would be lighter than a 16' enclosed Wells Cargo or Interstate type trailer. LAstly, the price is 1/2 of a cargo trailer, but it might be tough too sell later.

Ohhhhh, what do I do???

Old 06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I don't think there's much of a "Brass Pass" on DUIs in Cali. Or at least that I've ever heard of. Speeding or other "piddly" things, yes.

Not even the DA (prosecuter) is immune. They pulled his car out of a pool one time. LOL. He had a bit of a problem. I think he had 2 DUIs during his career.

If you refuse a FST you immediately loose your license. Right there the office yanks it. It's one of the little things you agree to when you sign the DL44 (Driver's Lic. application.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Confuscious. I would go with the Cargo trailer and get the kids Cots... Then you and the misses have your own space and the kids have their space. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Camper and cargo. thats the ticket man. I gotta say i ran into a couple crazy canadians. There is one feller from your area that rides a kodiak 450 and thinks he can whoop up on my. I laughed at him as did everyone else. and said dude you smoke a lil to much of that BC Bud your concept of Speed is a lil altered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think there's much of a "Brass Pass" on DUIs in Cali. Or at least that I've ever heard of. Speeding or other "piddly" things, yes.
c'mon man, don't kid yourself. i suppose if the arresting officers didn't know the culprit...MAYBE. but if they're from the same police force, or detachment, it's a free ride.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

If you refuse a FST you immediately loose your license. Right there the office yanks it. It's one of the little things you agree to when you sign the DL44 (Driver's Lic. application.)
Thats where ya'll differ from washington. FST's are Voluntary and any attorney will tell you to not do them and just go for the certified breathalyzer at the station. make em take you downtown... If you refuse the test at the station you loose your liscense...

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel