Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

ON the front. Im outta luck if i need it for the rear... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

That's the funny thing about most all vehicles with winches. They just throw one on the front but never in the rear. Most of the time when your stuck in a hole you want to go backwards, not further into the slop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

years ago, i had me a Subaru Brat and I had the jeep racing bumpers with winches on both ends. I used the one in the rear more than the front one by far.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
That's the funny thing about most all vehicles with winches. They just throw one on the front but never in the rear. Most of the time when your stuck in a hole you want to go backwards, not further into the slop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

years ago, i had me a Subaru Brat and I had the jeep racing bumpers with winches on both ends. I used the one in the rear more than the front one by far.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah. But 80% of the time out here we want to go forward.. I wont get my self into anything i cant back out of.. lol Well except teh snow..

Old 03-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

I know that Brat wasn't a hard core wheeler But I truly wheeled the snot out of thing. I would go places many vehicles couldn't even get through. Wish I still had it to trash around wit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

The winches saves me many times. One time I was Oregon later in the evening by myself (never again) and went down a bank near some train tracks to play around but never made it back up. Every time I tried i would just bury all four wheels. Broke out the winch and I was home fer supper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] The funny thing was a train came by slowly and stopped and backed up to see if I needed help. They sat there and watched me winch up and out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Don't forget to purchase a tree strap so you don't get the pc crowd mad at you fer putting cable grooves into all he trees that you hook to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
Don't forget to purchase a tree strap so you don't get the pc crowd mad at you fer putting cable grooves into all he trees that you hook to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I think that falls under the accessories he's buying. Most of the winch companies sell a bag of stuff to go with the winches. ****** block, gloves, tree strap, maybe an extra clevis or something.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
The spin zone is a bunch of guys who have a little time to kill during the day at work. Not too sure what every one does exactly. As for me I work in a machine shop 4:00am to 2:00 pm mon-thur. I'm at home right now. At work is a few CNC machines, once they are running. There is a bit of some time to kill while they are running. Usually have between 5-45 minute cycles. Pretty cool for me anyway. the zone lets my day go faster. But like i said in another post it does head into the gutter occasionally. Some kind of chemical reaction when the GG shows up, sort of like jr hi. LOL
I'm a draftsman for an elec. contractor. I have a lot of downtime waiting for projects to come through. We aren't terribly busy. We might run 2-3 jobs concurrently. Sometimes might get up to 5 if we are transitioning from one job to the next. We're having the Tracy job is winding down, starting up another in Soledad, winding down one in MD's neck of the woods, starting up another near Livingston and probably some poor guys are gonna have to go back down to Oxnard as a customer's cooler burnt down (NOT the one we worked on thankfully). Then we have a ag well station that needs to get finished up over near Mendota.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MWQ, we got what you want here. lotsa mud, slop, trees. Vedder Ridge is about an hour from Bellingham and has some good, challenging stuff. lotsa skinny trails marked "expert" for dirtbikers only.

LJ, your first post on this page was scary. glad i read the previous page to clarify why your "outta luck if i need it for the rear"! my first reaction was to tell ya to move to San Fran then! you know, the place where the dinner special is ALWAYS rump roast bone-in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oops, now i see Festus and Hoss will be making some travel plans.

too bad we're not closer guys. I've got all these webbed straps that are like seatbelts, with closed, sewn loops on both ends. my father-in-law got them for free from containers they'd unload (one use straps that just get tossed). they're free and work perfect for the tree. and when i see how much they gouge for one, it makes me mad.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
MWQ, we got what you want here. lotsa mud, slop, trees. Vedder Ridge is about an hour from Bellingham and has some good, challenging stuff. lotsa skinny trails marked "expert" for dirtbikers only.
I can only imagine. Bellingham was the sweetest /toughest single track I had ever been on. A hour north would probubly be even better There are places like it in ca, just not long sections of it. Plus how beautiful it is while riding up there where it actually rains. have the environmental wackos made it to canada yet? nothin but trouble. IMO

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel