Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

double posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
One of my kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] obliterated one of our 15[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] remote controls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] So, instead of buying a new one, I ran down to Costco and bought one of those Cold Heat solderers. When I first sw them, I was skeptical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Couldn't see how it worked and most of all. It was mail order only[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I ddin't want to spend my hard earned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] money on it. With out actually seeing it. Well, I saw Costco has been carrying them for a few months now. At first, it was just the Soldering iron by itself. Then, I noticed they were selling it with the wire stripping tool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So, hhhmmmm, maybe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, after seeing how delicate remotes are built[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I thought, IT'S time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Went down bought it for $16.99[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And tried it, Thing works like a charm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glad I bought it and the wife didn't say a word[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Especially when she had the look of shock on her face when I fixed the remote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I LOVE getting NEW TOOLS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So, if you need a solderer, I recommend it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ok, so how did she jack up the remote? That's what I want to know.

I've seen them and have always wondered about them myself. I have a regular cheapo Wells soldering iron (pencil type) that I've used like 2 or 3 times. Last time was when I fixed the Nubira A/C.
I don't think she threw it at her sister[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] they have been getting along[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It was probably from the 10th millionth fall from the couch arm, to the tile floor. That thing is a few years old and has taken a beaten[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's been taped to gether soooo many times.
It actually works like they claim. Couple seconds, add some solder and your done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No waiting for the gun to heat up and cool down. The tip is pointed, so it reaches into tighter spots for those small type solders on a remote.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Quad Patrol

Time to go Spin a little. Have to see what the boys did last night over there. I'll keep an eye open in here.

100 more today?
You really don't want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] how can you sustain a streak of consecutive 100 posts per days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Holy crap! You guys have been busy! Well, I haven’t had time to read the last 300 posts, but wanted to say hello.

I went camping for 5-days, and then away on bidness for the past 2-days. Now, it’s a 3-day weekend!!!!!! Anywho, the camping trip was pretty good. Did allot of riding and junk food eating. Wifey and I had lightning strike so close that it hurt. We could feel it go through our head and down through our feet (ouch)…and then had to ride off the ridge in a hailstorm (without raingear).

I hope all of you have a good 4th (except for confused)…he’ll be at work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Time to go Spin a little. Have to see what the boys did last night over there. I'll keep an eye open in here.

100 more today?
OMG!!! You have lost your marbles! Posting has become your love.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Holy crap! You guys have been busy! Well, I haven’t had time to read the last 300 posts, but wanted to say hello.

I went camping for 5-days, and then away on bidness for the past 2-days. Now, it’s a 3-day weekend!!!!!! Anywho, the camping trip was pretty good. Did allot of riding and junk food eating. Wifey and I had lightning strike so close that it hurt. We could feel it go through our head and down through our feet (ouch)…and then had to ride off the ridge in a hailstorm (without raingear).

I hope all of you have a good 4th (except for confused)…he’ll be at work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
HI Hoss, You enjoy your 4th of July weekend too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Sounds like the fireworks had already started for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That suxs being that close to lightning strike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] A few years ago I was about 1/4 mile away as a strike obiterated a tree on the side of the road we were on. Know what you mean about feeling the effects.

How far away were you camping from the house? Seeing you can ride out from your garage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: MrDumass

100 more today?
OMG!!! You have lost your marbles! Posting has become your love.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL!

I guess, he couldn't find any left over mormon girls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: MrDumass

100 more today?
LOL!

I guess, he couldn't find any left over mormon girls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL, I wasn't going to say that, but since you did, LOL again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yea, I try and time when I go there too. I find Wed/Thurs are the best. Not as crowded and they usually have hard to find or, seasonal item(s) show up on the floors on those days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Best day to go shopping at Costco....ever... Black Friday. Day after T-day. Holy hell it's deserted. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

100 more today?
You really don't want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] how can you sustain a streak of consecutive 100 posts per days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Not gonna happen. WIth the site being down and the washing machine on gentle cycle with a small load not much to do. I'll be lucky to pull the 50 out today. So much of the rest of the site just doesn't yank my chain anymore. Seems like it's been taken over by 15 y/o kids. Instead of 25+ y/o people acting like 15 y/o kids at times. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel