Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
How many miles are you guys getting to a tank?
My mom and Aunt are on a trip to WA with the PSD and are at half a tank and 300 miles so far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The computer up on teh roof is saying 29mpg. Even though i know thats not right its still cool.
I can go 200 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas. After that, the needle just falls. At 300-330 miles on it, I have a 1/4 tank. For my truck, that's about 20 gallons to fill up.

I have a 28 gallon tank. The new PSD have a 39 gallon tank IIRC. Like to get one of those[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I can go 200 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas. After that, the needle just falls. At 300-330 miles on it, I have a 1/4 tank. For my truck, that's about 20 gallons to fill up.

I have a 28 gallon tank. The new PSD have a 39 gallon tank IIRC. Like to get one of those[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
i hope ya mean the big tank and not the 6.0L. ya, mine goes forever to 1/2 tank, and then probably half the mileage from there to empty. it's very deceiving. i've always found Fords that way.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

yep, he did the quicky way with scan tool. well, today i'll try putting the CPS in. tricky to get at.
Where's it located?
well, glad you asked. i replaced it yesterday. it's on the bottom right side of the engine, just above the harmonic balancer. it's at the front of the engine (i.e., bumper). if the top/middle of the engine is 12 o'clock, it's at about 7-8 o'clock. i did it laying on my back under the truck. 10mm socket, 4" extension. it looks a lot like the angle sensor i replaced on the Honda 250ES. and the part cost me $100 US (which was cost plus 10%). it retails for around $190 US. and it took about 10 minutes. smoothest job i can ever remember.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I won't get on you about riding fairies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sounds like a personal issue[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or a kinky Canadian fetish[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
well, next to San Fran and Seattle, i think we're the gooey-bum capital of north america. we often have dinner specials of "rump roast, bone'in".
You really are blowing the way I think the great white north really is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I never thought it would be compared to S.F.
actually, Vancouver is #2 behind SF, i only threw in seattle to stir up OFC. BUT, we're talking about the downtown core, not the burbs. downtown is filled with high-rises and dense population. they tend to congregate down there. sompin about the rat-race must re-locate their wiring?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I dunno. seriously, we had the guay olympics here a few years ago. (the joke was, there were a lot of come-from-behind victories). and they have a huge "pride" parade every year. they're one of those very vocal minority groups. quite irritating actually. how do ya think we got the guay marriage thing voted in. i think Oregon does too. i don't even think flakey CA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] has that yet do they? don't worry, it's just around the corner.

why do you think i always refer to the tree huggers as those "save the guay whales for jesus groups" . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

CA allows "marriage" only between a man and a woman. But don't expect that law to last long. They haven't been fairing very well in the courts. Though CA does have a registry for same-sex couples, but not for couples who are opposite-sex, but don't want to be married (some people want that.) I figure WTF is the big deal is with g@y [stupid filter] marriage. It doesn't hurt anyone. And if anyone thinks that it hurts marriage in general, they have issues. A marriage involves 2 people, not 300 million.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

WHAT NO QUADS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I had friends go up to Oregon last week for some fly fishing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did pretty good. I forget exactly what area/river they did. It was near Bend IIRC.
neighbor came home with a 37lb Spring salmon the other day. whadda beauty. river fishing is great this year.

i'm concerned about creator's new-found passion for golf (even tho i usually play once per week myself). i think he's secretly watching the golf channel, acquiring golf gadgets, and chatting on golf forums about how to improve his swing. he only visits us occasionally to maintain his [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] image![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I love smoked salmon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think you are onto something with Creator's frequency[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or lack there of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Are you watching me on a hidden camera or something? I just sat down, turned on the TV to the golf channel, surfed a couple of golf web sites (trying to find places to play next week in NM) and then logged on here. Guess I got the bug[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I have been traveling a lot and working on the kitchen cabinets. Finally finished them just a minute ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now on to the next honey do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: [b]confusedbuyeri'm concerned about creator's new-found passion for golf (even tho i usually play once per week myself). i think he's secretly watching the golf channel, acquiring golf gadgets, and chatting on golf forums about how to improve his swing. he only visits us occasionally to maintain his [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] image![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Last week on vacation I only golfed 5 times in a week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Missed two prefectly good days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

yep, he did the quicky way with scan tool. well, today i'll try putting the CPS in. tricky to get at.
Where's it located?
well, glad you asked. i replaced it yesterday. it's on the bottom right side of the engine, just above the harmonic balancer. it's at the front of the engine (i.e., bumper). if the top/middle of the engine is 12 o'clock, it's at about 7-8 o'clock. i did it laying on my back under the truck. 10mm socket, 4" extension. it looks a lot like the angle sensor i replaced on the Honda 250ES. and the part cost me $100 US (which was cost plus 10%). it retails for around $190 US. and it took about 10 minutes. smoothest job i can ever remember.
did it fix the problem???

Old 07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Quad Patrol

i hope ya mean the big tank and not the 6.0L. . it's very deceiving. i've always found Fords that way.
Yes, that's what I meant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: confusedbuyerya, mine goes forever to 1/2 tank, and then probably half the mileage from there to empty
Exactly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Quad Patrol

Thanks for the information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel