Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyerwill you still be working F/T too? are you sure this is what you want to do? they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No, I am completely retired[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and bored out of my mind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If you can believe that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am pretty sure this is what I want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been tinkering with CAD at a friend's firm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I seem to like it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also, before I decided to go into L.E. I wanted to be a architect. So, there is an interest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
That's really going to cut into your forum time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Yes it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] already going through withdrawals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am going to have to figure sometime during the day to hit the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Told the wife, I am taking her lap top[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That way, I can work on my papers between classes.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
That's really going to cut into your forum time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
No kidding. I'm not sure what he's thinking. Plus all of the studying. At least he'll probably get to see some nice eye candy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I am getting greedy and want a second retirement[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And never have to buy on credit again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The eye candy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] definately is out and about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I thought I saw DQ's twin sister today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Monday again...

I've been out of town on bidness meetings since Wednesday. It's taken me an hour or so to catch up with all of your babbling, but I think I'm up to speed now. Oh BTW, nice material from all of you. I think it would take me all day to reply to your herassment, so I won't, but your witty quips and constant Hoss bashing makes me feel loved.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Good Morning Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Isn't it nice to feel loved over the internet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Much better from us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then, some gal from Russia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well guys, I start school full time tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Monday's are going to be my heavy days of class[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Basically from 1100-9:00pm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Then again Wednesday mornings, plus an online class.
What are you going to do with all your hard worked for wealth of knowledge after getting your degree? Does it mean a promo is in the works?
Like Skinner said, I am going into Civil Engineering. I have retired from my previous career and need something to do for the second part of my life. Golf, riding and hunting along with a few things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] would be nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, I find it physically challenging[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am bored and need a new challenge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I know, shoot me in the head[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL! A friend of mine, has a firm that he runs and let me come in to play with CAD stuff. I enjoyed it. I decided it was a good career choice for the second half of my adult life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay MD, now yer just pi$$in me off (or making me jolly-green with envy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). so yer on full pension from the LE job before 40, and now you're after a second career?! you lucky sob.... aww, man, that'd be SWEET. well, hats off to you for having the drive to do something with the next 20 years. I know Clampett and I would just head on down to the local golf course instead of working.

most ex LE and firemen i know end up with a part-time trade. seeing your tiling background, i'm surprised you didn't take the quick and easy road (especially after what your Mrs. said about you being quick and easy). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but yer a better man than the trash you chat with here!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
okay MD, now yer just pi$$in me off (or making me jolly-green with envy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ). so yer on full pension from the LE job before 40, and now you're after a second career?! you lucky sob.... aww, man, that'd be SWEET. well, hats off to you for having the drive to do something with the next 20 years. I know Clampett and I would just head on down to the local golf course instead of working.

most ex LE and firemen i know end up with a part-time trade. seeing your tiling background, i'm surprised you didn't take the quick and easy road (especially after what your Mrs. said about you being quick and easy). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but yer a better man than the trash you chat with here!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL! We did tinker with the idea of some venture along those lines[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Problem is, it takes me to long to do a project[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and I pay the price when I try and become to physical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Wife wanted a steady income and benefits seeing hers are the pits for being in the medical field. If I could physically work 8 hours a day, day in and day out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I definately would be in a trade of some kind. However, I need something that let's me work at my pace. My buddy will allow me to do that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and eventually, the pay would be pretty darn good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe I could re-retire again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] at the age of 50[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And I still feel just as trashy as you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL!

Old 08-30-2005, 04:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i take too long to finish projects, but you get better and quicker with experience. and if ya just quote by the job, it doesn't matter how long it takes... you just do it at your own speed. essentailly, ya quote handyman jobs and renos for frugal friends and family. when they're paying 1/4-1/2, they don't complain a whole lot.

BUT, if you can stick it out for Xyears (that's Algebra dude!!) in school, you WILL be way further ahead. like i said in the first place, if you have the patience and perseverance (not to be confused with perversion like Hoss has), you'll benefit in the long haul. i guess i just can't see myself returning to school.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Morning all. How goes it?

I always liked the view when I was in college. And every once in a while you got a nice clear view of the mountains to the north. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

That's because you always had beer goggles on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel