Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Got an oil leak or something on the eff2feddiy. Appeared the day i brought it home from Banks. It LOOKS like its comming from between the motor and tranny. It is black and not colored FYI... All the fluids check out ok.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Oil line to the turbo?

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, we had an offer we accepted on our house last week. subjects were supposed to come off today. we got royaly yanked around and the thing collapsed tonight (we think). thank goodness we had a back up offer for more. now we just gotta wait for those subjects to clear by this sunday. sure do hope this one goes thru. i got a better feeling about this one tho. i'll explain more when the dust settles.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Ok i just found this posted on another site. And it appears its one of hte following. So it is something that banks did.
Check the top of the engine, in the valley and you will find oil or fuel.
You have a leak from one of the following;

1. Loose intercooler boots.
2. Pedestal "O" rings are bad.
3. EBPV actuator arm "O" ring is bad.
4. Bad "O" rings where the lines connect to the HPOP.
5. Oil galley plug(s) loose and/or bad "O" ring.
6. Fuel regulator "O" ring(s) are bad.

There is a passage at the top of the valley that allows oil or fuel to run down the top and side of the tranny and leak out the inspection cover between the oil pan and tranny.

Clean the valley and check where your leak is originating.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Oil line to the turbo?
Could be. Its so friggen crowded under there that its hard to get a good look and find where its comming from. Ill take a better look in the morning.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Oil line to the turbo?
Could be. Its so friggen crowded under there that its hard to get a good look and find where its comming from. Ill take a better look in the morning.
I don't see how they got the turbo in/out w/o taking the motor out. That's freaking TIGHT. I guess if you do them everyday, all day, you probably learn some tricks.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Confused, hopefully this one works for you. Had a neighbor who had a house, car, etc. waiting for him OK City, OK and he kept having offers fall through on his house here. Finally someone bought it for a rental. His wife had already moved with the youngster back to OKC. He paid less in OKC for a nicer house on like 40 acres w/ a 40 acre option on the adjacent property than what he did for his house here.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Oil line to the turbo?
I don't see how they got the turbo in/out w/o taking the motor out. That's freaking TIGHT. I guess if you do them everyday, all day, you probably learn some tricks.
Yeah. The turbo comes out without taking the motor out. just not alot of room.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider

Confused, hopefully this one works for you. Had a neighbor who had a house, car, etc. waiting for him OK City, OK and he kept having offers fall through on his house here. Finally someone bought it for a rental. His wife had already moved with the youngster back to OKC. He paid less in OKC for a nicer house on like 40 acres w/ a 40 acre option on the adjacent property than what he did for his house here.
thanks skinner, hope yer right. we do have the luxury of a better back up offer, and another guy who now wants to put in a back up offer on that one. and a 3rd guy who's anxious for everything to fall apart so he can buy it (but doesn't wanna step up and make an offer now).

Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

Oil line to the turbo?
ford allows a whack of time to re & re a turbo. my diesel mechanic buddy (who passed away last year), could do it in about 1/2 an hour. maybe that was EACH way...whatever it was, he made great $$ off that job on the flat-rate system.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel