Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:10 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Looks like we have a chance of rain Tuesday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Fall is coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
still don't have my furnace turned on yet. i try for the end of Sept. but never quite get there. do you guys in CA know what a "forced air furnace" is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Nope, we use candle power down here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I try not to turn ours on until end of October[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2005, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like we have a chance of rain Tuesday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Fall is coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
still don't have my furnace turned on yet. i try for the end of Sept. but never quite get there. do you guys in CA know what a "forced air furnace" is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Nope, we use candle power down here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I try not to turn ours on until end of October[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We try not to turn ours on unless the fireplace just isnt cutting it.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

We try not to turn ours on unless the fireplace just isnt cutting it.[/quote]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] OMG...burning wood in CA? what about yer precious air? and your superior enviro standards?! we burn wood too, but the house is too big to get the heat from the fireplace to the maze of rooms. we have 2 wood burning inserts. free standing would be better. now our friends up north have wood burning furnace that blows heat thru all the ducts. but it is so much harder to regulate the heat in those homes. they're always soooooooo hot, I fall asleep about 2 minutes after i get in their house.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] OMG...burning wood in CA? what about yer precious air? and your superior enviro standards?! we burn wood too, but the house is too big to get the heat from the fireplace to the maze of rooms. we have 2 wood burning inserts. free standing would be better. now our friends up north have wood burning furnace that blows heat thru all the ducts. but it is so much harder to regulate the heat in those homes. they're always soooooooo hot, I fall asleep about 2 minutes after i get in their house.
Actually depends on where you are. Below 3500' they actually restrict fireplace wood burning, unless it's the only means of heat that you have in your home. The San Joaquin Valley has the second dirtiest air basin in the US behind LA. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Though, we might actually make it 3 years in a row w/o going over the Federal PM10 standard. WOOT!

Had a friend whose house was ALWAYS hot in the winter. They had a freestanding stove in the living room. Couldn't get your jacket off fast enough when you walked in there. They always had 2-3 years worth of wood in the back yard. In the summer they ran 2 evaporative coolers and the house was nice.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Quad Patrol

At the old house we had a pretty big fireplace, it would warm up the Family room, dining room, kitchen and front hall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, we burned wood when the Air board would allow us to. The new house has a fireplace also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] except it is big enough to only allow one, 6 inch x 12 inch log[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] they should of left it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, it doesn't look like the weather people know what they are talking about again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Some of them are saying we are to hit 90 today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what happen to lower temps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Still a 30% chance of rain tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Gotta run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Type at you later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Gotta run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Type at you later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Don't let your tongue get stepped on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

We try not to turn ours on unless the fireplace just isnt cutting it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] OMG...burning wood in CA? what about yer precious air? and your superior enviro standards?! we burn wood too, but the house is too big to get the heat from the fireplace to the maze of rooms. we have 2 wood burning inserts. free standing would be better. now our friends up north have wood burning furnace that blows heat thru all the ducts. but it is so much harder to regulate the heat in those homes. they're always soooooooo hot, I fall asleep about 2 minutes after i get in their house.[/quote]

Yeah. lol
THis fireplace is 4ft wide(at the front) by 32" deep by 32" tall inside.. We get a REALLY good fire goin in it and itll heat the living areas nicely. Sometimes to 75 degrees.
The bedrooms stay cooler but the only times were in there is when were sleeping. So, just bundle up. lol

Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

This working stuff has got to stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel