Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
yeah. Ill figure something out. I deffinatly want to get another though. I miss having the one on the outlander. Made it nice to know where i was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Yeah, like we weren't sitting there the first time going to Signal Pk with 2 GPSes and a map going "Where the fsck are we?"
LOL! don't you guys carry a map of the area too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Nooo. He was talking about teh little cummins. The ones in the dodge trucks. you know, the POS trucks with the nice motors?
He was trying to tell me that one of those could put down those numbers with just a chip AND still pull 15,000lbs daily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
He must be on some good drugs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Everything I've read about high hp power chips and that kind of poundage is not good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just can't see the drive train holding up, especially as a everyday 15,000 lb puller[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Mom picked up a new GPS today to use for GEOcaching. To replace the one that was stolen with the stuff in the jeep last winter. FINNALLY..
Got 65 bucks off so it was a good deal. Has a Geocaching mode and all that good shiz.
Dont think ill be using this one on the quad. haha

I need to get one to mount on the handlebars. hmm.
*goes to ebay*
Sounds cool. I'd love a new GPS, but other things come first...like food, shelter, etc. LOL.
Heck, as long as they make ramen and used travel trailers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you don't need anything else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I noticed Rhino now has a radio/gps that is good up to 12 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hunting buddies and I talk about getting them every once in awhile. I think for riding that would be cool also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] You would get to see where everyone is riding at any particular time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We had a couple rhinos a while back and they sucked. No range at all. Maybe a quarter mile line of sight. They may be better though now.
And they were supposed to be over 5 miles. THough, the GPS feature was cool.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Quad Patrol

I noticed Rhino now has a radio/gps that is good up to 12 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hunting buddies and I talk about getting them every once in awhile. I think for riding that would be cool also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] You would get to see where everyone is riding at any particular time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
We had a couple rhinos a while back and they sucked. No range at all. Maybe a quarter mile line of sight. They may be better though now.
And they were supposed to be over 5 miles. THough, the GPS feature was cool.[/quote]

How far back did you have them? I know the range is limited by the terrain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, I would hope it would be better than a quarter mile line of sight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Right now, my gps is doing good and the motorolas I carry are good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, like the idea of how the rhinos work. Guess if I decide to get one, I need to do some research on them.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

And they were supposed to be over 5 miles. THough, the GPS feature was cool.
How far back did you have them? I know the range is limited by the terrain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, I would hope it would be better than a quarter mile line of sight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Right now, my gps is doing good and the motorolas I carry are good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, like the idea of how the rhinos work. Guess if I decide to get one, I need to do some research on them.[/quote]

They were the Rhino 120s maybe the 110s, been to long ago, haha.. Propably back in 2002 or so. When they first came out. Im sure theyre better now though.
But, we returned those and bought some good radios instead. The Motorola T7200s. Love those radios but they eat up the battery pack like crazy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Been running around all day. Took a ton of cans in for recycling to pay for airsoft next weekend. LOL. Went and played in the river and lost a magezine to my pistol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They are going to scour it tomorrow looking for it. That's like a $30-40 OOPS. The holster edge is right on with the mag release button (on an Berretta M9/Model 92F). I think it got depressed and then dropped out.

FOUND! Whew.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Quad Patrol

They were the Rhino 120s maybe the 110s, been to long ago, haha.. Propably back in 2002 or so. When they first came out. Im sure theyre better now though.
But, we returned those and bought some good radios instead. The Motorola T7200s. Love those radios but they eat up the battery pack like crazy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Hmmmm, glad I missed out on them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The new ones say they are good to 12 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] of course, they throw in the discalimer about terrain and other electrical interferences[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Been running around all day. Took a ton of cans in for recycling to pay for airsoft next weekend. LOL. Went and played in the river and lost a magezine to my pistol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They are going to scour it tomorrow looking for it. That's like a $30-40 OOPS. The holster edge is right on with the mag release button (on an Berretta M9/Model 92F). I think it got depressed and then dropped out.

FOUND! Whew.

Good for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For those prices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you should just buy the real thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

FOUND! Whew.
Good for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For those prices[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you should just buy the real thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
But then I couldn't go around shooting people with it! I'd like to get some "Real Steal" as the airsoft community calls them, but need to get some other finances in order first. 2 different friends have offered to take me to a local indoor range but they never say when they are going. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Now I need to find like a 2x scope or so. Had a 4x (w/red or green lit target), but it's too much. It's nice to see downrange...but if you can't hit it, or see the BB fly much, they aren't of much use. These are good for like 100' at the max (on the rifle).

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Quad Patrol

But then I couldn't go around shooting people with it! I'd like to get some "Real Steal" as the airsoft community calls them, but need to get some other finances in order first. 2 different friends have offered to take me to a local indoor range but they never say when they are going. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Now I need to find like a 2x scope or so. Had a 4x (w/red or green lit target), but it's too much. It's nice to see downrange...but if you can't hit it, or see the BB fly much, they aren't of much use. These are good for like 100' at the max (on the rifle).
LOL! real steel, interesting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] never heard of it like that before.

Yea, doesn't do you any good if you can see it, but can not get your round out that far[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel