Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater

Maybe I'll give wifey a "pearl necklace."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] DQ said that would be a big hit.

Oh, the water problem was paid for by the previous owner (I threatened to bloody his nose / sue him). He didn't disclose the problem, and the inspector didn't catch it.
Not a bad choice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and if DQ said it would be a "hit"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] how can you loose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] LOL!

Good move.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Quad Patrol

Yeah, I'm shootin' blanks. My sister-in-law is a looser baby making machine. She's had all of her kids yanked by the State, so we thought we'd save her the wait (long story).

Smart man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but adopting one from a family member[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yours must not be like mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Wife wanted to adopt a few years back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I about went nutz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] She kept after me on this one particular baby. It came down to, if I could hold the baby and then look her in the eyes and tell her "NO" then she would drop it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It took a few more days after that visit, but she finally dropped it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] WHEW was I a happy man. I am way past that stage in my life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I give you kudos for going through it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I guess we do need another green headed, pee down your leg kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, we call it the "Microwave."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll give wifey a "pearl necklace."[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] DQ said that would be a big hit.

Yeah, I'm shootin' blanks. My sister-in-law is a looser baby making machine. She's had all of her kids yanked by the State, so we thought we'd save her the wait (long story).

Oh, the water problem was paid for by the previous owner (I threatened to bloody his nose / sue him). He didn't disclose the problem, and the inspector didn't catch it.
funny, TODAY i got an email of Randy Spears giving some ****-queen a pearl necklace. PM me with your email and I'll send it to ya. i don't know if you get the video clips to the other hotmail address I have for ya.

assuming the in-law is your wife's sister, sounds like you got the best gal in the whole trailer park! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

so if ya already got 3 ankle-biters, i can only assume all that roid-ragin has caused more than just brain damage to ya. i guess the sack shrivelled up too. (heh-heh-heh, I sure hope we never hafta meet in person so you can take me to task on all these bombs i launch your way !!) just remember, it's ALWAYS open season on me too.

when we moved outta our home, i noticed some water staining on the bottom of a cabinet as i was taking it to the moving truck. It had been in a basement corner, on carpet. small area of carpet got a little damp too, during heavy rain. I immediately told the new owner (he's into that Ultimate Fighting stuff, took training for it).His home inspector never picked up on it either (hec, I never knew). I offered to help him dig up the one corner and replace the OLD concrete drain tiles that would be plugged solid. (I'd dug up the other corner the summer before, so i knew exactly what to do, and that it'd take a half day). the new owner did it himself, and was glad I told him. he's a really nice young feller, and i still BS with him. I guess that's how we do things up here in the Great White North, instead of suing and threatening a hitman.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] okay, we still sue like crazy, but we worked this one out with honesty and a handshake.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver

That quad sure does sound like run to run away from[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What do you expect on the Honda you bought off of e-bay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's a REPO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] when someone is going to loose a toy for not making payments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They are not going to take care of it one iotta[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
yep, i ran away for once, instead of chiseling the guy and trying to fix it up. had enuf of that with the LT80 lemon i bought for the kids.

the Honda never advertised repo at all. i figured it out on my own, with my keen investigative sense. the title said the folks I bought it from, had got it from AHFC, which I assumed to be American Household Finance Co. There were some papers under the seat for a female owner from Minn. I bought it from a co. in Missouri. Anyways, it's had limited use. Even if it was hard use, i've watched my wife's cousins roll hondas down mountains doing endos, and they just zap-strap patch the plastic, and away they go.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I guess we do need another green headed, pee down your leg kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] in the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMFAO!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hope Kyler gets to teach this one ALL of his tricks.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider

i bought a NEW diesel since we last left off!! this one is a turbo-diesel. 1989 Volks Jetta!! yep, old with about 200,000 MILES (320,000K). but it's MINT. every service record since new.no rust. no accidents. PLAIN with crank windows, not even tilt steering, and NO air-con. i thot i paid WAY too much (about 5K US ). THEN, i saw a '92 for sale today, lower mileage, asking 4100, then dropped the price to 3300 (US) as i was leaving . What a POS. needed tons of work. man, you really get what you pay for, and condition means everything. i feel way better about what i paid now.

my PSD got 11 mpg last fill. it generally doesn't get much better than that. this thing gets 42 MPG (US gallon!!).

our diesel is about $3.18/gal. Gasoline is $2.54. these are the cheapest prices around. it 's more in the city cuz they add a regional transit levy (goes to pay for rapid transit, i.e buses).

Old 12-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders
i bought a NEW diesel since we last left off!! this one is a turbo-diesel. 1989 Volks Jetta!! yep, old with about 200,000 MILES (320,000K). but it's MINT. every service record since new.no rust. no accidents. PLAIN with crank windows, not even tilt steering, and NO air-con. i thot i paid WAY too much (about 5K US ). THEN, i saw a '92 for sale today, lower mileage, asking 4100, then dropped the price to 3300 (US) as i was leaving . What a POS. needed tons of work. man, you really get what you pay for, and condition means everything. i feel way better about what i paid now.

my PSD got 11 mpg last fill. it generally doesn't get much better than that. this thing gets 42 MPG (US gallon!!).
I've heard a lot of good things of the Jettas, esp. the mileage. Would be nice for little road trips.

our diesel is about $3.18/gal. Gasoline is $2.54. these are the cheapest prices around. it 's more in the city cuz they add a regional transit levy (goes to pay for rapid transit, i.e buses).
#2 is about 2.70 here at a decent station. Depending on where go one website is listing a place for $2.119 at a Shell. Hmmmm. A major truckstop in Fresno is 2.29.

87 is running under 2.20 now. As low as 2.159 at the Costco. Anyone just waiting for that sub-$2.00 price like it's some miracle bargain? LOL. I am! Maybe then I can afford to hit Miami.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: nedflanders

I've heard a lot of good things of the Jettas, esp. the mileage. Would be nice for little road trips.

#2 is about 2.70 here at a decent station. Depending on where go one website is listing a place for $2.119 at a Shell. Hmmmm. A major truckstop in Fresno is 2.29.

87 is running under 2.20 now. As low as 2.159 at the Costco. Anyone just waiting for that sub-$2.00 price like it's some miracle bargain? LOL. I am! Maybe then I can afford to hit Miami.

now that i've moved east to the Valley, trips are longer. after 2-$150 fills on the PSD, i knew i didn't like it. the VW diesel is interesting. the years 86-92 are best for simplicity and performance. 93-98 had an engineering flaw. there's a keyway/slot on the crank where a timing pulley lines up. there's no woodruff key, but the pulley has a key-like alignment cast into it. the problem is they wear against each other from the torque. the pully is easy to replace, but the crank is major. they do have a fix for it (new crank & pulley). some people just use JB weld and sell vehicle, then it wears out later. '89 is apparently very popular cuz it's one of the last Cdn model years that can be imported to the US.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders the new owner did it himself, and was glad I told him. he's a really nice young feller, and i still BS with him. I guess that's how we do things up here in the Great White North, instead of suing and threatening a hitman.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] okay, we still sue like crazy, but we worked this one out with honesty and a handshake.
We still do that down here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That is until you screw us one to many times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders Even if it was hard use, i've watched my wife's cousins roll hondas down mountains doing endos, and they just zap-strap patch the plastic, and away they go.
LOL! We watched a Honda roll 4 times down the face of a sand hill at Pismo over Thanksgiving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] After the owner (rider in our group) rolled it back over, it fired right up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and had all it's plastic still intact[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only broke was the rider's ego and his flag.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel