Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

was the bike rider a youngster with a green mohawk riding an electric harley?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

No he wasn't. From what MD and mstrquad said he was riding a wheelie and went a little too far....stopped maybe 10' behind MD's truck.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
was the bike rider a youngster with a green mohawk riding an electric harley?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No this guy was probably early 20's. Like Skinner said, he was riding a wheelie in a rocky, bumpy terrain, look like the bike got a little TOO high, and got away from him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He went flying as well as the motorcycle. The bike must of gone 3 feet in the air and flew 10 feet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]all I saw, was the bike and the back of my truck in the same picture frame[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I said something like "OH ****"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img](Or something similiar)and saw the bike land about 10 feet behind my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whew, I thought the back end was a gonner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]On a good note, the rider got up, clean his pants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]picked up his motorcycle.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

How far is this riding spot and how far do you guys drive to go riding. The desert is about 1 3/4 hrs from me and I sure wish it was closer

Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider

It's like 30 minutes from MD and 144 miles from me. Took me a little over 2 hours to get there from Fresno. It's Carnegie S.V.R.A. It's 6 miles north on I-580 from the I-5/I-580 split and like 6 miles west on Corral Hollow Road. It straddles the San Juaquin-Alameda County line.

Map of Carnegie S.V.R.A.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Of course I do wish everywhere I ride was closer, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I pretty much drive 1 hour minimum to go riding (Miami). Pismo is 2.5 hrs. Hollister and Carnegie is a little over 2 hours. Hungry Valley (Gorman) is like 2.5-3 hrs (only went once Memorial Day '03).

This Memorial Day is looking to be a 6+ hour trip to Sand Mountain, NV. I'll have to see how that works out. Definately going to be a LONG drive for me. Mapquest says to go through Yosemite to get there! I think I'll be going up through Sac and cut over on 80. Plus that way I can hook up with the crew coming from the Bay Area (mstrquad) and those from Sac.

Not really sure I would want to drive any further than that. Though a Glamis trip would be nice just to check it out.

Old 01-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
How far is this riding spot and how far do you guys drive to go riding. The desert is about 1 3/4 hrs from me and I sure wish it was closer
I wish the desert was that close to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Like Skinner said, I'm about 30 minutes or so from Carnegie. I have 3 riding areas within 30-40 mins of my house. The Sierra's are about 1 1/2 hour away. Good thing about the valley is, you can be in the mountains or at the coast in 2 hours or less, if traffic isn't heavy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Blah blah blah!

You guys are a bunch of post ******.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Well if you'd log on more than once every couple of months...

Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey LJ, good to see yer still alive. haven't heard much from Hoss or Festus lately.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel