Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher

Confused- (or Nedley) I shot a 83 yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's my best so far. 8 Holes at par and I missed a couple chances for birdie.

Might just have to brush the dust of the clubs again today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
83!!!!??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

that's awesome! i've been at it for years, and maybe shot low 80s a handful of times. problem with a score like that is, now you think you can do better (see, you're already muttering about the birdies you missed, telling yourself... coulda-shoulda-woulda), and you'll be rabid in your pusuit of bettering it.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders

Confused- (or Nedley) I shot a 83 yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's my best so far. 8 Holes at par and I missed a couple chances for birdie.

Might just have to brush the dust of the clubs again today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
83!!!!??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

that's awesome! i've been at it for years, and maybe shot low 80s a handful of times. problem with a score like that is, now you think you can do better (see, you're already muttering about the birdies you missed, telling yourself... coulda-shoulda-woulda), and you'll be rabid in your pusuit of bettering it.

Probably shoot over 100 today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have to tell you. I have been really trying to think about my swing before each shot and it's been helping big time.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

This Wi-FI stuff is pretty cool. I have my lap top running in the car all day long and just pull up to a business or hotel and use their internet connection.

It's amazing how many un-secured connections that are out here.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Probably shoot over 100 today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have to tell you. I have been really trying to think about my swing before each shot and it's been helping big time.
all that does for me is make it worse. well, sometimes it works. but you're thinkin, "keep head down, grip properly, take away club with your back and shoulders, make shoulder turn to target, get hips into swing, flex knees, keep legs rigid to make a coil effect" ....and ON & ON & ON!! just hit it!! i take most of my strokes thru LOUSY chipping, something even beginners can get good at in relatively short time.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

This Wi-FI stuff is pretty cool. I have my lap top running in the car all day long and just pull up to a business or hotel and use their internet connection.

It's amazing how many un-secured connections that are out here.
I used to provide that service... LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Quad Patrol

Well, I developed a leak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not me personally[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but the PSD has[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] It's small right now, maybe a nickel to quarter size drop. Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't crawled up under it today, hoping something came loose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] NOPE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Read a couple threads on another forum about o-rings going bad. Can only hope it's not the rear seal.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well, I developed a leak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not me personally[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but the PSD has[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] It's small right now, maybe a nickel to quarter size drop. Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't crawled up under it today, hoping something came loose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] NOPE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Read a couple threads on another forum about o-rings going bad. Can only hope it's not the rear seal.
Yours isnt the only one. The 2002 still has its leak. After 2 trips to the dealer.
Dad thought it was just the drain plug. I told him it was something else. He took it to the dealer, they "fixed it", and it still leaks.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Yours isnt the only one. The 2002 still has its leak. After 2 trips to the dealer.
Dad thought it was just the drain plug. I told him it was something else. He took it to the dealer, they "fixed it", and it still leaks.
Make sure the crankcase vents are clean and not clogged up. Diesels have a lot of crankcase pressure and if they can't let it out the vents it will push it out the weakest point which might be the rear main seal, valve covers, etc...

Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Quad Patrol

I have read that about the problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Scary, you pay the dealer (at least I might) to fix the problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it's still there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Make sure the crankcase vents are clean and not clogged up. Diesels have a lot of crankcase pressure and if they can't let it out the vents it will push it out the weakest point which might be the rear main seal, valve covers, etc...
Ok, now your talking about things, I THINK, I can do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Guess I need a manual to find the vents. Or maybe I get get a little help here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel