Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

You see a ton of 250 crews around here. Not a lot of 350s, except in the dealer lots. People don't want to spend the extra $1K on them I guess. Plus the weight fees every year.

He hated the CA-centricness of our posting of when we went riding.
What is the difference in fees for a F250 vs a F350?
Basically there's about a 1,000lb difference in GVWR. It's not really that much I would think in fees. But some people are complete cheap bastages and don't want to pay it. 2005 Ford really changed up GVWR based on the vehicle layout and drivetrain so it would be a BIG difference in GVWR now between an F-250 SD 5.4L manual 4x2, std. cab, short bed (8800lb) and an F-350 SD DRW PSD auto 4x4 crew cab long bed (well over 10,000lbs, close to 11,000).

But it's still only like 1000lb between equal layouts 250 vs. 350SRW.

When was this?[/quote]

It was a while back. Last summer? Maybe before. Whether he used "hate" or not I don't know, but he was upset about it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

But it's still only like 1000lb between equal layouts 250 vs. 350SRW.

It was a while back. Last summer? Maybe before. Whether he used "hate" or not I don't know, but he was upset about it.
I was wondering how much money was involved in the differences.

That was a while ago, i thought it may have been recently.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders

You see a ton of 250 crews around here. Not a lot of 350s, except in the dealer lots. People don't want to spend the extra $1K on them I guess. Plus the weight fees every year.
we have the opposite. a 1-ton is considered commercial veh., so you ONLY pay 14% taxes on purchase. on a 3/4T you pay 17% taxes. Plus guys like the solid axle vs independent suspension. Plus more carrying capapcity without the MOT ticketing you.
The only discounts you get here is for farm use, but it better stay on the farm. They don't get a regular registration. These trucks don't trigger Federal Excise Taxes on tractors. Which are meant for big rigs that are built specifically for towing. The guys that have the tow bodies built are supposed to pay the FET, even if it isn't for comm. use. There's an IRS opinion posted on the Cowboy Caddilacs (tow body builder) website.

Only taxes we pay are:

Sales tax based on your place of residence. Clovis is +/-8.2%. If I got to Madera, I still pay that rate, and not the 7.75% or so.
Gas guzzler tax as appropriate.

Each year you pay:
Vehicle License Fee. This is leu of paying property taxes. It USED to be like 1.5% or .5% can't remember. It's now 1/3 of whatever it used to be. It's tied to the Kelly Blue Book avg. value. Too many Ferraris and other exotics were being "officially" sold for really low values.
Weight Fee: as appropriate. Based on the GVWR
You may also have to pay oh WTF is it, it's like another weight fee. You declare what you'll weigh, but it's NOT the GVWR of the vehicle. They are two difference things. This was passed CA went to PTI for trailers. Makes up the difference. You can declare GVWR or GCWR. That's like $100, but doesn't apply to pickups. Only to "other" vehicles like tow bodies, flat beds, tractors, box vans, etc.
Various smog impact fee, county fees, etc. Maybe I'll post a scan of a renewal notice and you can see. There's about 6 line items that you pay, or not. Even if you don't pay, they are listed but as $0.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

The only discounts you get here is for farm use, but it better stay on the farm.
And Im sure they only burn their "farm" diesel on the farm too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

we pay 7% Provincial, & 7% Fed txes. Plus we pay fees to our gov't ins. co. for GVWR. we get ins. discount for farm use, but you need a farm card. I'm working on that right now. can't wait to run purple fuel. And I'll NEVER put it in my Jetta...PROMISE!

Old 02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: nedflanders
can't wait to run purple fuel. And I'll NEVER put it in my Jetta...PROMISE!
As long as you promise! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

The only discounts you get here is for farm use, but it better stay on the farm.
And Im sure they only burn their "farm" diesel on the farm too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Red Diesel. Just don't get caught. Uncle Sam has no use for KY (and I'm not talking about Kentucky either).

Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Check out our weather station!
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KCAAHWAH1
Got something new. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Free, but very cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Gotta love weatherunderground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning FBK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My lap top is having major errors so I get to bring it into work and have the techies take a look at it. They were talking about re-formatting the HD. I truly hate to have to do that because you have to reload and set up all the programs and trust me , I have a bunch loaded on this machine. Bummer................

Old 02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Good morning FBK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My lap top is having major errors so I get to bring it into work and have the techies take a look at it. They were talking about re-formatting the HD. I truly hate to have to do that because you have to reload and set up all the programs and trust me , I have a bunch loaded on this machine. Bummer................
So is the life with Windows. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LJ, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel