Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

uh, um, WHERE is it leaking, and what is it leaking? I've replaced my rear pinion seal twice, and it's still seeping. second time, we replaced the yoke aswell. my suggestion on the pinion seal is just watch your diff fluid level and don't waste your time or $$ fixing it, cuz it just seems to want to keep seeping.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Quad Patrol

It's oil, Right now it looks like it is leaking from the the rear/right side of the engine above the starter. I am going to have to clean the area up and then check it out, to much oil in the area, to really find out where it's coming from.

Really don't want to just let it leak like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Don't like oil drops on the driveway or in the street. Maybe a diaper underneath the engine compartment would work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Royalty Rider

Hey all!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am alive. Working for my family hasnt killed me yet!! Haha.... hope everyone missed me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Happy Holidays to everyone, and Merry Christmas as well!!

So....I lost my log in info...thats why I never signed in. Well I figured it all out and will be checking in from time to time now.

Whitey, I know you had withdrawls.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Welcome back DQ.

Hope you have a great holiday season.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Hey all!! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am alive. Working for my family hasnt killed me yet!! Haha.... hope everyone missed me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Happy Holidays to everyone, and Merry Christmas as well!!

So....I lost my log in info...thats why I never signed in. Well I figured it all out and will be checking in from time to time now.

Whitey, I know you had withdrawls.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hi.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Quad Patrol

Welcome back DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am sure Hoss has been thinking about you quite heavily[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Meryy Christmas and have a safe Happy New Year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

we've really missed you DQ. just read back a few hundred posts and you'll see all the trashy things we were saying about ya! Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy slipping your brain into neutral while you have a break from studies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

YIKES![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't like the sounds of that MD!! You're on the right track to get it cleaned up firsat, and then re-assess. You'll also help the mechanic pin-point it easier, so you only pay for the seal/gasket that needs replacing. Once you've got it done, let us all know, so we can keep an eye on ours!!

Old 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy slipping your brain into neutral while you have a break from studies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
IIRCly, she should be done with school and graduated with that fancy piece of paper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
YIKES![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't like the sounds of that MD!! You're on the right track to get it cleaned up firsat, and then re-assess. You'll also help the mechanic pin-point it easier, so you only pay for the seal/gasket that needs replacing. Once you've got it done, let us all know, so we can keep an eye on ours!!
I don't like the sound of it either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Pocket book has gone and buried it's head in the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] afraid of what the damages might be to it too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I'll probably focus on it next week after the holidays, or maybe I'll wait until the kids 2 week vacation is over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] have some riding we want to do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However, if the drops get bigger or more frequent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'll address it right away. What timing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel