Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Well guys, it's been nice checking in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and catching up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now I am off to the ranch to cut some more firewood. Finally broke down last week and bought a Stihl 210 chainsaw with the assist-a-start (or whatever they call it) and quick chain adjustment. Cut nicely, should of bought one a long time ago. Starting it is like pulling your shoes laces to untie them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Looks like a nice saw, and that chain adjustment is really slick. What size bar is that?
Dads got an older Stihl with a 16" bar that still kicks butt. Those stihls last forever. And that would be perfect for the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
And just picked up a husqvarna 359 with a 24" to cut up some HUGE oaks in the pasture. That thing is a BEAST!
But i have to use it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
hahah sucks.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Well guys, it's been nice checking in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and catching up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Now I am off to the ranch to cut some more firewood. Finally broke down last week and bought a Stihl 210 chainsaw with the assist-a-start (or whatever they call it) and quick chain adjustment. Cut nicely, should of bought one a long time ago. Starting it is like pulling your shoes laces to untie them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Looks like a nice saw, and that chain adjustment is really slick. What size bar is that?
Dads got an older Stihl with a 16" bar that still kicks butt. Those stihls last forever. And that would be perfect for the quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
And just picked up a husqvarna 359 with a 24" to cut up some HUGE oaks in the pasture. That thing is a BEAST!
hahah sucks.

LJ, at least you got a Husqy actually made by husqy. All their light and medium duty duty stuff is private labelled for them by Weedeater/Poulan. Not even close to the same quality. just cashing in on their good Husqy name.

that saw sounds like a beaut MD. I have an older Stihl, baby size. just a brute to start, even when perfectly tuned. and the chain dulls SO FAST. it really is more like a branch trimmer.

I installed a wood-burning insert into the rental house today. It's a Fisher. What a beaut.It should heat that whole house on wood. I like the new tenant (she hasn't moved in yet, so what's not to like!!), and hope this will help keep her happy.

Man, what a wind we had last night & today. blew down the horse barn made of 2x6.....FLAT as a pancake. not very well constructed I guess. should be fun to rebuild.....NOT!

Old 02-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

well, i sold the travel trailer today...finally. took long enuf...then I had 2 people wanting it on the same day. go figure. I got $9500 and pretty much all of that will go to pay my way too high Cdn. income taxes...over and above what I've already paid them (which is lots...and NO... I don't earn that much).

Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
hahah sucks.

LJ, at least you got a Husqy actually made by husqy. All their light and medium duty duty stuff is private labelled for them by Weedeater/Poulan. Not even close to the same quality. just cashing in on their good Husqy name.

that saw sounds like a beaut MD. I have an older Stihl, baby size. just a brute to start, even when perfectly tuned. and the chain dulls SO FAST. it really is more like a branch trimmer.

I installed a wood-burning insert into the rental house today. It's a Fisher. What a beaut.It should heat that whole house on wood. I like the new tenant (she hasn't moved in yet, so what's not to like!!), and hope this will help keep her happy.

Man, what a wind we had last night & today. blew down the horse barn made of 2x6.....FLAT as a pancake. not very well constructed I guess. should be fun to rebuild.....NOT!
Interesting!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

Seattle got ROBBED!! MVP= OFFICIALS. that was by far the worst officiated Superbowl game I've EVER seen. they usually have the A-team of refs for the big game. these guys couldn't ref a pee-wee game. No wonder Holmgren remembered coaching in high school when this guy refereed one of his games. how can you forget someone that BRUTAL. After watching the replay, how could they call Rothlisberger in for a TD?? wasn't even close! the offensive pass interference was a joke, he never pushed the guy, he had his arm out, and the defender was going the other way. with one arm he pushed off?IMPOSSIBLE! Hasselback gets an illegal block call after he threw the INT and made the tackle on the ball carrier??WTF?? some WEAK holding calls on Seattle, especially when the standard wasn't the same when Pitts was holding. and the media usually doesn't hesitate to criticize bad calls, but Madden and Michaels must have been watching something different than the rest of us. seattle got jobbed. I'M BITTER!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
OOkkkkkk. I figured this would be a GREAT place to ask this. haha

Time for new tires on the eff2fidday. And since everything else has been changed or upgraded, some new wheels as well.

Heres a pic of the truck and heres a pic of the wheels in 17"... Now. The only thing we cant decide on is the tires. Kinda lookin at the Bridgestone Revos in the stock hight as theyre the only revos that are E rated. Or my favorite the BFG ATs in 285/70 that are an inch taller than the revos at almost 33"s tall, but with the same weight rating..

Would that extra inch make THAT much difference in these trucks? I know it does in the jeeps, but the jeeps are a totally different animal, bieng underpowerd and all.

Any suggestions? Whats the hight/weight on the stock steeltex ats? I cant find any specs on it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Itll be nice to finnally get some decent meats under that truck.
I'm not sure on those wheels, but at least they aren't as ugly as some stuff out there. A little taller would fill the wells a little better. A poster was right on an rv forum, they look like roller skate wheels. A little too small. But you might lose a little power from heavier tires and mileage down a little.

That's still a damn pretty truck.

Yes it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I can't help you on the specs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] When the lift, tires and wheels were added to my truck, it lost 4 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Tires really affect your gearing. I guess it's time to lower that ratio and toss in a locker

Old 02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

well, i sold the travel trailer today...finally. took long enuf...then I had 2 people wanting it on the same day. go figure. I got $9500 and pretty much all of that will go to pay my way too high Cdn. income taxes...over and above what I've already paid them (which is lots...and NO... I don't earn that much).
Where the heck was one of those knuckle heads months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Go figure two people would want it the same time.

Taxes- errrrrrrrrrrr. Last year my company changed the way we were paid and I had less commission checks which are taxed at a much higher rate. Not enough taxes were drawn out and I got bent over big time. (no- I don't go there)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hopefully this time won't be so bad. Time will tell since I haven't started to do them yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Our office has about 100 employees, we have I am going to say around 10 plotters, Oce 600's and Oce 8100's IIRC. We run dual drawers with 3 rolls of bond paper and one of mylar. It's not unheard of to run copies on 80-120 pages from a job each day. Yesterday we did 130 pages on mylar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Damn, that's a big company. I think in my entire carreer I might have had one plot job that went 100 pages. LOL

We've been plotting a lot lately. Job keeps changing. grrr. Reminds me, need to order paper on Monday.
Yes it is. They also have a scond office in Utah (SLC) tha has about the same amount of people. Today I ran 3 copies of 116 pages for a job with Teichert. With everyone running the plotter, I had to replace the roll twice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Quad Patrol

hahah sucks.
That's a huge beast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I looked at the Husqvarnas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Was torn between the two. Decided on the stihl after starting it. Your right, the chain adjustment is sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It has a 16 inch bar on it. That think rocks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I introduced my two oldest daughters to using the chain saws[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They didn't realize how hard it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] to cut wood. However, I think they like it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Too bad we are just about done cutting the trees up, only have to to fall and cut up, then onto splitting and stacking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Quad Patrol

I didn't know that about husqy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

If you need a new saw, I'd suggest giving this one a pull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is sooooo SWEET[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] It actually doesn't start until you let the rope coil back up, then it purrrrrs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Why would you put a stove in the rental? Are you paying the heating bill, as part of the rental?? And furnishing the wood?? Inquiring minds want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
So, what's the "new" tenant look like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Will you always find something to fix at her house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL!

That stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Did you buy homeowners insurance you can claim it on? We still haven't fixed the shower in the master bath[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to get the wife to get someone out to give an estimate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] She won't let me fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Not like I have the time anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel