Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
We went out to the desert and man was it hot. It was reported to be 113 degrees.

Let's just say that we had the whole thing to ourselves:0 NOBODY else went riding. I guess we're the only dummies but if ya got an itch, scratch it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It wasn't really too bad while riding and just hanging around. We put wet towels on our heads and it felt great. Just was a little worried about the quads. There was a lot of heat coming off the engines. I'm sure that will be the last trip out there for a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
That's darn right crazy Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You know your bike shouldn't be ridden in heat tlike that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! But, like you said, if you have an itch scratch it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Next maybe scratch the itch with someone else's hand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and no the seat of your pants[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Morning Trasher and other yet to arrive PSD'ers!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I usually dont ride in the summer much. I do go to pismo once a year and might go 2 times this summer.
You going anytime soon? Need a sand fix[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
And the A/C doesnt work either, so Im going to have it checked out this week. Im headed to Pismo this weekend and I told the wife we could drive at nite to avoid the heat, but I also told her id try and get it fixed too.
You just answered my question up above[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Can't make it this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Daughter is graduating 8th grade and we have her party[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Saturday.

So, what truck did you end up getting?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Quad Patrol

Fix it. A unhappy wife will make for a very long weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(spoken like a true p wiped sole) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL!! I think we all have been there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Should i jump on it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Mustang

I looked at another that had a mint interior and a realy nice exterior but the motor was 2 years newer and was bought used.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Carfax checks out on the above car in link, but its priced a bit above bluebook.. Still looks REALLY nice...

Old 06-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

i had brake vibration from the front. turned out to be hotspots on my rotors. i put after-market performance rotors on (they're not cross drilled, but they have a cross-cuts on each one, which are directional). they work great.

hey creator, on the wet towels on your head.. we have a LOT of folks up here that wear dry towels on their heads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (I'm gonna get it for that one!). my daughter just graduated grade 12 and she was outnumbered by these folks 4-1. my lesson learned is to accept it and learn to co-exist (which is pretty much what I already did before, this just really opened my eyes).

on our May long weekend, I went for a short, EASY putt-putt ride with my 9 y/o. so short and easy, I didn't wear a helmet. my brother in law who doesn't ride at all, was also along for part of the ride, with his 2 y/o son. naturally, i innocently managed to flip my quad on myself. Still not exactly sure how i did it. I kinda had my rear tire slide off a steep rut & BANG, the thing came over on top of me. In a flash I realized I had one chance as it came over and I kicked it off me in one motion.my ankle is still skinned and swollen. I feel like a fool for no helmet at the time. If I'd thot there was the slightest risk I was gonna be riding anything remotely risky, I wouldn't have hesitated to put on a helmet. it happens that easy.

HOSS, HOSS!! I'm going to Utah on Friday (well, as far as Ogden, on my way through to Evergreen, Colorado). Bought a JD tractor and several accessories.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
hey creator, on the wet towels on your head.. we have a LOT of folks up here that wear dry towels on their heads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (I'm gonna get it for that one!).

I thought about that when I was wearing it but there was no one even close to tell me I looked like a fool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

HOSS, HOSS!! I'm going to Utah on Friday (well, as far as Ogden, on my way through to Evergreen, Colorado). Bought a JD tractor and several accessories.

I think he lives on Brokeback Mountain. Poke around and you'll find him hangin out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Fix it. A unhappy wife will make for a very long weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(spoken like a true p wiped sole) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL!! I think we all have been there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Hey, speak for yourself. No woman has yet to tie me down (and no comments from the peanut gallery...I don't trust any woman THAT much.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Have they used whips and chains[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Have they used whips and chains[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
To bring back that famous early 90s saying, "Homey don't play that."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel