Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
You got that right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not used to working a solid 10 hour day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Didn't know so much crap needs to go into a parking lot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Especially all the laws pertaining to ADA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
No kidding. I hate parking lots. Usually a PITA, but sometimes an easy one comes through. And that's just getting them ready to work with. Not trying to actually lay out the fixtures. That's usually easy, just play with them in the photometrics (LitePro by Hubbell Lighting) app. I'm back down to 8-5, but getting up at 4:30 or so every days sucks.
HEY, I'm on topic here!! Okay, so you PSD-posters are designing a parking lot. CAN YOU PLEASE DESIGN PARKING SPACES FOR A CREWCAB DUALLY!!!!! Only in the northern part of the province do you ever see ample room for these beasts, because every logger and oil rig worker owns one.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

Half the parking spots made today are so small I can't park my Honda Civic in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] without dinging the door of the car next to you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

LJ, that's a really clean looking rig. F250 crew?! don't see a lot of those. I could see the locking hubs, but from your pic, that unit looks like a lowrider 2WD. if you put those wheels on, it will look more SUV than truck. maybe get low-profile tires and complete the lowrider look.

Black is a tough color to keep clean. I pick my wheels now, based on ease of cleaning ( & look). I had a '92 Grand Marquis, and it had great factory alum rims, but they were impossible to clean. toothbrush to do it properly. just think about those nooks & crannies for cleaning. I think a 5-spoke style would look okay too, alto I do like the rims you guys picked aswell. tires?? where's OFC (AKA= Toyo!).

Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: nedflanders
ya, i thot you had an extra house or two kicking around in Arizona or sompin like that. we're probably the grow-op capital of the world. mostly run by organized crime. so the last thing you ever wannna be is an absentee landlord. some people hire agencies to look after it, and pay a fee.growers pay top rent, but they destroy your place with grow conversion & mold.

other than the PU truck & wood pile, it's not too bad. I used to rent and ALWAYS left the place as good or better than I moved in. I found a few landlords absolute peckerheads about refunding the deposit, or being super nit-picky about the condition (despite the fact it was worse than that when you moved in, but they always glaze over the pre-inspection). So I didn't want to be like them.
Same with us. Always cleaned for 2 or 3 days after we moved everything out. Carpets, walls, etc. We moved out of one apt. and the manager tells my mom she'd never seen anyone leave an apt. that clean. Thing they proceeded to ring up all kinds of charges on stuff. But that's what you get when you have a property management company running things.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Air Cooled Rider

HEY, I'm on topic here!! Okay, so you PSD-posters are designing a parking lot. CAN YOU PLEASE DESIGN PARKING SPACES FOR A CREWCAB DUALLY!!!!! Only in the northern part of the province do you ever see ample room for these beasts, because every logger and oil rig worker owns one.
We only add lighting to them and tell the arch/civil that a transformer is MUCH bigger than that little square they have. Usually I send them our block for a 106x90 PG&E transformer pad. hehe. I remember sometimes trying to sneak my Daewoo into some spots. They want to "outlaw" the "COMPACT" parking spot here. Cause you still see someone pull a crew cab long bed into one.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Air Cooled Rider

LJ, that's a really clean looking rig. F250 crew?! don't see a lot of those. I could see the locking hubs, but from your pic, that unit looks like a lowrider 2WD. if you put those wheels on, it will look more SUV than truck. maybe get low-profile tires and complete the lowrider look.

Black is a tough color to keep clean. I pick my wheels now, based on ease of cleaning ( & look). I had a '92 Grand Marquis, and it had great factory alum rims, but they were impossible to clean. toothbrush to do it properly. just think about those nooks & crannies for cleaning. I think a 5-spoke style would look okay too, alto I do like the rims you guys picked aswell. tires?? where's OFC (AKA= Toyo!).
You see a ton of 250 crews around here. Not a lot of 350s, except in the dealer lots. People don't want to spend the extra $1K on them I guess. Plus the weight fees every year.

OFC is off in The Spin Zone. He hated the CA-centricness of our posting of when we went riding.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Trasher
Half the parking spots made today are so small I can't park my Honda Civic in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] without dinging the door of the car next to you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Even my wife complains about this problem. It sems like parking lots were mad for geo metros and other small cars.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:35 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

You see a ton of 250 crews around here. Not a lot of 350s, except in the dealer lots. People don't want to spend the extra $1K on them I guess. Plus the weight fees every year.

He hated the CA-centricness of our posting of when we went riding.
What is the difference in fees for a F250 vs a F350?

When was this?

Old 02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Same with us. Always cleaned for 2 or 3 days after we moved everything out. Carpets, walls, etc. We moved out of one apt. and the manager tells my mom she'd never seen anyone leave an apt. that clean. Thing they proceeded to ring up all kinds of charges on stuff. But that's what you get when you have a property management company running things.

yep, i remember those types of landlords & caretakers ...exactly what I didn't want to be like.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

we have the opposite. a 1-ton is considered commercial veh., so you ONLY pay 14% taxes on purchase. on a 3/4T you pay 17% taxes. Plus guys like the solid axle vs independent suspension. Plus more carrying capapcity without the MOT ticketing you.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel