Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: nedflanders
Seattle got ROBBED!! MVP= OFFICIALS. that was by far the worst officiated Superbowl game I've EVER seen. they usually have the A-team of refs for the big game. these guys couldn't ref a pee-wee game. No wonder Holmgren remembered coaching in high school when this guy refereed one of his games. how can you forget someone that BRUTAL. After watching the replay, how could they call Rothlisberger in for a TD?? wasn't even close! the offensive pass interference was a joke, he never pushed the guy, he had his arm out, and the defender was going the other way. with one arm he pushed off?IMPOSSIBLE! Hasselback gets an illegal block call after he threw the INT and made the tackle on the ball carrier??WTF?? some WEAK holding calls on Seattle, especially when the standard wasn't the same when Pitts was holding. and the media usually doesn't hesitate to criticize bad calls, but Madden and Michaels must have been watching something different than the rest of us. seattle got jobbed. I'M BITTER!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
I agree, some bad calls. However, I don't think Seattle played to win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] T.E. drops 3 passes, wide receiver steps out of bounds at the endzone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He should of known he was close and drug his feet on the turf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Full back needed to put the extra effortto get the first down, instead, he falls short a yard. They weren't playing with the intensity they needed to win. They should of blown the steelers away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
OOkkkkkk. I figured this would be a GREAT place to ask this. haha

Time for new tires on the eff2fidday. And since everything else has been changed or upgraded, some new wheels as well.

Heres a pic of the truck and heres a pic of the wheels in 17"... Now. The only thing we cant decide on is the tires. Kinda lookin at the Bridgestone Revos in the stock hight as theyre the only revos that are E rated. Or my favorite the BFG ATs in 285/70 that are an inch taller than the revos at almost 33"s tall, but with the same weight rating..

Would that extra inch make THAT much difference in these trucks? I know it does in the jeeps, but the jeeps are a totally different animal, bieng underpowerd and all.

Any suggestions? Whats the hight/weight on the stock steeltex ats? I cant find any specs on it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Itll be nice to finnally get some decent meats under that truck.
I'm not sure on those wheels, but at least they aren't as ugly as some stuff out there. A little taller would fill the wells a little better. A poster was right on an rv forum, they look like roller skate wheels. A little too small. But you might lose a little power from heavier tires and mileage down a little.

That's still a damn pretty truck.

Yes it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I can't help you on the specs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] When the lift, tires and wheels were added to my truck, it lost 4 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Tires really affect your gearing. I guess it's time to lower that ratio and toss in a locker

I should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Except there are other things I want to get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like air bags, on board compressor, Toy Hauler, etc. etc. etc.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I know what you mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Someday, when I am rich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
well, i sold the travel trailer today...finally. took long enuf...then I had 2 people wanting it on the same day. go figure. I got $9500 and pretty much all of that will go to pay my way too high Cdn. income taxes...over and above what I've already paid them (which is lots...and NO... I don't earn that much).
Where the heck was one of those knuckle heads months ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Go figure two people would want it the same time.

Taxes- errrrrrrrrrrr. Last year my company changed the way we were paid and I had less commission checks which are taxed at a much higher rate. Not enough taxes were drawn out and I got bent over big time. (no- I don't go there)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hopefully this time won't be so bad. Time will tell since I haven't started to do them yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
I don't even want to think about taxes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hasn't been a pretty picture around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Hopefull with the bigger mortgage, it won't be as bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

So, is that how you do it. Just keep buying bigger things and you don't have to pay??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

If you're having to pay taxes at the end of the year, you need to adjust your witholdings, or make quarterly payments to the IRS/FTB. I should be even, or a little ahead this year...hopefully. The withholding form (I forget if it's W2 or W4) always seems to put me under. So I drop 1. For some reason it says if you're single to be single and 2. Don't know why. I'm sure this would apply to married with 3, or hell even 10 in Hoss' case. I wonder if he gets extra deductions for his extra shee errr wives?

I could see with multiple sources of income have a real PITA time getting it right. Luckily I don't have that. Only did a couple of years (K1 from a partnership). Now I get to file those "simplified" EZ forms. Yeah, whatever. Still just as damn long.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't know that about husqy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

If you need a new saw, I'd suggest giving this one a pull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is sooooo SWEET[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] It actually doesn't start until you let the rope coil back up, then it purrrrrs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Why would you put a stove in the rental? Are you paying the heating bill, as part of the rental?? And furnishing the wood?? Inquiring minds want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
So, what's the "new" tenant look like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Will you always find something to fix at her house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL!

That stinks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Did you buy homeowners insurance you can claim it on? We still haven't fixed the shower in the master bath[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to get the wife to get someone out to give an estimate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] She won't let me fix it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Not like I have the time anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
i got the insert for $200. it was the OLD tenant that did all the whining for that, but then they were too busy for me to put it in. kinda glad it worked out that way. but I'm NOT supplying the wood!! ya, i'm WAAAAY too nice. new renter is a rather big girl, probably close to 6', 200. but super nice and easy going. i have a good feeling this one will work out.

on the horse shed, i can salvage at least 90% of the materials, put it back up, and make sure that this time it's cross-braced (there was no sheathing on it to act as cross bracing). probably take a day or 2 to rebuild. not worth the insurance claim. and i think my deductible is $1000, so i don't wanna spend that either.

on the stihl, you made the right choice on the 16". but hey, in yer fancy new 'hood, you prolly can't burn anything, and all your neighbors will be calling the noise police when you fire-up that puppy!

Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
If you're having to pay taxes at the end of the year, you need to adjust your witholdings, or make quarterly payments to the IRS/FTB. I should be even, or a little ahead this year...hopefully. The withholding form (I forget if it's W2 or W4) always seems to put me under. So I drop 1. For some reason it says if you're single to be single and 2. Don't know why. I'm sure this would apply to married with 3, or hell even 10 in Hoss' case. I wonder if he gets extra deductions for his extra shee errr wives?

I could see with multiple sources of income have a real PITA time getting it right. Luckily I don't have that. Only did a couple of years (K1 from a partnership). Now I get to file those "simplified" EZ forms. Yeah, whatever. Still just as damn long.
I prefer to owe a little vs getting any back. I just figure why let the Gov. have my money all year long. Id rather have it monthly. Im still adjusting for losing a deduction and a child tax credit too. Last year I figured Id break even and instead got a few hundred bacK. I havnt done this years yet and will probubly wait until early april. Always a procrastinator.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Seattle got ROBBED!! MVP= OFFICIALS. that was by far the worst officiated Superbowl game I've EVER seen. they usually have the A-team of refs for the big game. these guys couldn't ref a pee-wee game. No wonder Holmgren remembered coaching in high school when this guy refereed one of his games. how can you forget someone that BRUTAL. After watching the replay, how could they call Rothlisberger in for a TD?? wasn't even close! the offensive pass interference was a joke, he never pushed the guy, he had his arm out, and the defender was going the other way. with one arm he pushed off?IMPOSSIBLE! Hasselback gets an illegal block call after he threw the INT and made the tackle on the ball carrier??WTF?? some WEAK holding calls on Seattle, especially when the standard wasn't the same when Pitts was holding. and the media usually doesn't hesitate to criticize bad calls, but Madden and Michaels must have been watching something different than the rest of us. seattle got jobbed. I'M BITTER!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
I agree, some bad calls. However, I don't think Seattle played to win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] T.E. drops 3 passes, wide receiver steps out of bounds at the endzone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] He should of known he was close and drug his feet on the turf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Full back needed to put the extra effortto get the first down, instead, he falls short a yard. They weren't playing with the intensity they needed to win. They should of blown the steelers away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree they had no killer instinct. I actually thot the fullback had that first down in the first half, and got an awful spot form the ref. but then, if some Columbian drug lord had bet big on this game and had a knife to my familys' throat , I probably would have reffed the same way too. I've determined there is no other explanation.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Except there are other things I want to get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Like air bags, on board compressor, Toy Hauler, etc. etc. etc.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I know what you mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Someday, when I am rich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I put in airbags, but i haven't noticed a difference. maybe cuz I'm a dually. everyone told me I'd see a huge difference.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I don't even want to think about taxes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hasn't been a pretty picture around here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Hopefull with the bigger mortgage, it won't be as bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
oh yeah, this is Canada..NONE of our mortgage interest is deductible from taxes. plus, i had to pay yet another freakin tax when I bought this place, $15,000 on "property transfer tax".... CROOKS!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel