Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

just wanna see the fuel bill with the new toy box in tow. That's a lot of frontal area for a tiny little 6.0 gasser. But she did get a real oven though.... LOL
Fuel bill... schmoooll bill (ha.. is that a word??) It can't be that much more since you really can't get any less than 1 friggin mile to the gallon.. hahaha! J/K!!! Everything I've been told says it will be an easier tow and easier on the truck since it's not an all rear tow.... so we'll see. I've always had pull behinds so this will be my first 5th wheel...Hopefully at least Miki will now allow me to turn on the dang generator! Here's the beast..The new toy!

Did you see Miki's post about wanting to haul it again.. haha..so maybe it will be the big Dodge doing most of the work? But one question, if they lift the trailer due to my truck being lifted.... can Miki haul it since his truck isn't???

Old 02-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
Fuel bill... schmoooll bill (ha.. is that a word??) It can't be that much more since you really can't get any less than 1 friggin mile to the gallon.. hahaha! J/K!!! Everything I've been told says it will be an easier tow and easier on the truck since it's not an all rear tow.... so we'll see. I've always had pull behinds so this will be my first 5th wheel...Hopefully at least Miki will now allow me to turn on the dang generator! Here's the beast..The new toy!

Did you see Miki's post about wanting to haul it again.. haha..so maybe it will be the big Dodge doing most of the work? But one question, if they lift the trailer due to my truck being lifted.... can Miki haul it since his truck isn't???
One of the biggest consumers of fuel is wind resistance. Fifth wheels have huge front areas. But you never know.

I give you one tow and you're in for air bags on your truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Make sure to get a sliding hitch as well. That's what they should be selling you since you're a short bed.

It depends on what they do, and how it's set up. Most 5th wheels have an adjustable pin box. I would assume they are going to put the pin box as high as it will go. Only problem with that, will be that you have less bed to trailer clearance.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

They're going to actually lift the trailer somehow.. he said they don't flip the axels but lift it another way.. I can't remember how though.. hehe... I'm sure I'll be getting airbags soon.... gotta get it all setup!

Old 02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Back from Hollister. Kind of a crappy riding day. Didn't get out of town until 8:30 (supposed to have been 7!) Get up there and TWO people forgot their keys. Then one guy endos (or who knows what happens) his YFZ450. OUCH.

Only got about an hour on the bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Tie rod held together. And it actually felt like it handled REALLY good. Maybe it's because I get this one-with-Hollister thing going on up there. Drizzled a little bit. Wet+cold = me(status=cold as h3ll). Trails we awesome. Could have been a little drier.

But hey, to keep it on topic, rode in a an old body style PSD. LOL 4" exhaust, and no muffler from what I could tell. LOUD. Used like over 1 tank on the dual getting there....70+ MPH. Used like 1/2 of one coming home about 60.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

They're going to actually lift the trailer somehow.. he said they don't flip the axels but lift it another way.. I can't remember how though.. hehe... I'm sure I'll be getting airbags soon.... gotta get it all setup!
why not axle flip? gives ya about 8" lift, and is simple. just put the springs on top of the axle, instead of under it.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
why not axle flip? gives ya about 8" lift, and is simple. just put the springs on top of the axle, instead of under it.
How many diff. ways can there be to lift a trailer? Having been in her truck, she's gonna need that much lift I should think, what batter way would there be to do it? Most trucks have their springs mounted on top of the axle. Maybe there's something else to do with the suspension? (I think her new toy has shocks as well.)

Old 02-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Ill bet I did. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] you need to sit on the floor for a while. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Im getting more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] John at Raceway asked me to do assy instructions for a Jetmoto 200. Thats how i got the 200. He liked them so much he wants me to do a few more. They have a 70,125,150 and a 250 quad. He even wants one for the 200cc dirt bike! Im still very blown away by all of it, but its really [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I was wondering what I may need to change my name to LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . but....She did give the 150 to the boys and I. She absolutely loves the 200. so.....The oldest son and I beat on it a little in the rain yesterday. The yamoto is dirtier than its ever been. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You can't change the name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's your identity on the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL! Without MWQ, your just????welll just another user[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!

That sounds like a great way to get a new quad. When the next trip?

Old 02-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
and Karyn comes to gloat when she tows a PSD
Haha.. I heard that (or do I say I "saw" that since we're typing??")[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She is starting to pull a Hoss and DQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Her name is mentioned and POOF, there she is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No kidding.

I just wanna see the fuel bill with the new toy box in tow. That's a lot of frontal area for a tiny little 6.0 gasser. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But she did get a real oven though.... LOL
Real ovens are hard to come by in new trailers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] When we buy, that would definately be a deal breaker if it doens't have a "real" oven.

IF you can't afford to pay for the fuel to use the thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You can't afford it in the first place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
This sucks....

I think I told you guys about going over the bars at Miami when LJ, MD and his daughter? Well I just noticed that what I thought was bent bars, is a bent stearing stem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going to try and play with the tie rods and take some of it out.
If you didn't mention it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am sure someone that was there did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] MAn, that sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] those things are not cheap, wish you luck on the tie rods.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Quad Patrol

Nice trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yea, your fuel mileage should go up over a pull trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! Time for that diesel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hmmm, they going to put blocks on it? Or, maybe bigger wheels?

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel