Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Hmmm, I thought the tanks were bigger then that. However, two of those tanks are bigger then my one tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Yeah, those short beds have tiny tanks. Our F-450 at work has like twin 18. Maybe they are 16s but you can get a couple extra gallons in the filler tubes. LOL. Considering they are feeding that 460 under the hood, range isn't all that great. I got 8MPG with a light load.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Any whoot, you should live with the name Flanders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You came in here with dual personalities and are now paying the price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Unless you change u how to spell canucklehead, it will never be available on the forum. Once a name is taken, it is history, just like Confusedbuyer, no other lost soul can use it in the forum.

Flanders started as a joke when I posted from work, in response to something Hoss had said about Ned flanders. But if i try to change name now, this site will only recognize me as Flanders, and always defaults back to that ID. I think i tried to re-register under a divverent ID. UNLESS I remove the cookies...then maybe I could. But I'm not positive how to do that.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

That's not bad, ones I have seen are over $275 or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife roolled her quad up in the Sierras couple years ago and bent her steering stem, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't replaced it,for a couple of reasons 1) $$$$ 2) to much crap to remove to get to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and 3) once I replace it, she'll roll it again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ( just like a windshield, once you fix that crack, you get another one:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
you forgot the part about collecting life ins $$! why don't you straighten it on a hydraulic press. a friend just did exactly that. cost: TIME, no $$.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is slightly bent too. It was like that when I purchased it. I would try to straighten it out but just haven't taken the time to tear it apart.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
Mine is slightly bent too. It was like that when I purchased it. I would try to straighten it out but just haven't taken the time to tear it apart.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Im not tearing it all apart until I have the stem to replace it. And I'll probably get it powder coated at the same time. Thinking a nice deep red to accent the red in the plastics.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
That's not bad, ones I have seen are over $275 or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife roolled her quad up in the Sierras couple years ago and bent her steering stem, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't replaced it,for a couple of reasons 1) $$$$ 2) to much crap to remove to get to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and 3) once I replace it, she'll roll it again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ( just like a windshield, once you fix that crack, you get another one:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
This is for a stock stem. Aftermarket is really nice. But you're dropping $300-400 after all is said and done it seems like. Buy the stem, then you have to buy the bar clamps. Which they do make anti-vibe ones which would be really nice.
That would be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] but, way over kill. I have put the Polaris out to pasture so to speak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It is now deligated to the ranch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] pulling around small trailers and other farm implements. No reason to have a straight steering stem now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Hmmm, I thought the tanks were bigger then that. However, two of those tanks are bigger then my one tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Yeah, those short beds have tiny tanks. Our F-450 at work has like twin 18. Maybe they are 16s but you can get a couple extra gallons in the filler tubes. LOL. Considering they are feeding that 460 under the hood, range isn't all that great. I got 8MPG with a light load.
That's about what my friend gets out of his gas guzzler, even worse 5-6 when he's pulling the 30 toy hauler. My brother has a long bed with a 38 gallon tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now I wish mine had that much without a second tank.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders

Flanders started as a joke when I posted from work, in response to something Hoss had said about Ned flanders. But if i try to change name now, this site will only recognize me as Flanders, and always defaults back to that ID. I think i tried to re-register under a divverent ID. UNLESS I remove the cookies...then maybe I could. But I'm not positive how to do that.
You just need to send in a request for dbeck to send you your log-in information to reactivate your old account. Or, come up with another kanucklehead name and ask him to swap it for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders

you forgot the part about collecting life ins $$! why don't you straighten it on a hydraulic press. a friend just did exactly that. cost: TIME, no $$.
I could do that, but it's not worth the time and effort to remove it from the bike. To much in the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Im not tearing it all apart until I have the stem to replace it. And I'll probably get it powder coated at the same time. Thinking a nice deep red to accent the red in the plastics.
If it's not effecting the steering to where it's a safety hazard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm not messing with it. However, if I was to do it, I would probably do the same thing as Skinner, get it powder coated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel