Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

You can't change the name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's your identity on the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL! Without MWQ, your just????welll just another user[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!

what-ch-you talkin 'bout Rufus?! what's wrong with a name change. I'm still yearning for canucklehead!! confusedbuyer was a bad name to start with. Flanders is downright embarassing!

Old 02-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Back from Hollister. Kind of a crappy riding day. Didn't get out of town until 8:30 (supposed to have been 7!) Get up there and TWO people forgot their keys. Then one guy endos (or who knows what happens) his YFZ450. OUCH.

Only got about an hour on the bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Tie rod held together. And it actually felt like it handled REALLY good. Maybe it's because I get this one-with-Hollister thing going on up there. Drizzled a little bit. Wet+cold = me(status=cold as h3ll). Trails we awesome. Could have been a little drier.

But hey, to keep it on topic, rode in a an old body style PSD. LOL 4" exhaust, and no muffler from what I could tell. LOUD. Used like over 1 tank on the dual getting there....70+ MPH. Used like 1/2 of one coming home about 60.
Man that sucks for driving 2 hours to ride and have all that happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Glad the warrior seemed to work out for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was coming home the other night around 1100 P.M. Saturday night, there was actual snowflakes hitting the windshield[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Dang, that's a lot of fuel even at 70 mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What was he pulling a kenworth? How big of a tank was it, do you know?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
Originally posted by: QuadKaryn
They're going to actually lift the trailer somehow.. he said they don't flip the axels but lift it another way.. I can't remember how though.. hehe... I'm sure I'll be getting airbags soon.... gotta get it all setup!
why not axle flip? gives ya about 8" lift, and is simple. just put the springs on top of the axle, instead of under it.
How many diff. ways can there be to lift a trailer? Having been in her truck, she's gonna need that much lift I should think, what batter way would there be to do it? Most trucks have their springs mounted on top of the axle. Maybe there's something else to do with the suspension? (I think her new toy has shocks as well.)
One other way of raising a vehicle is to put a few more pounds of air in the tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! I am curious on how they are going to raise it too!

Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

This sucks....

I think I told you guys about going over the bars at Miami when LJ, MD and his daughter? Well I just noticed that what I thought was bent bars, is a bent stearing stem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going to try and play with the tie rods and take some of it out.
If you didn't mention it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am sure someone that was there did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] MAn, that sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] those things are not cheap, wish you luck on the tie rods.
On the lower side of $150. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Dang, that's a lot of fuel even at 70 mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What was he pulling a kenworth? How big of a tank was it, do you know?
Twin 16 gallons. This is old body style. When they had front/rear tanks. He said he sucks down once he passes 70. We didn't drop under 70 between Fresno & Los Banos. Except the 99/152 interchange.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders

You can't change the name[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's your identity on the forums[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL! Without MWQ, your just????welll just another user[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!!

what-ch-you talkin 'bout Rufus?! what's wrong with a name change. I'm still yearning for canucklehead!! confusedbuyer was a bad name to start with. Flanders is downright embarassing!
I was trying to respond[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But had computer problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Any whoot, you should live with the name Flanders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You came in here with dual personalities and are now paying the price[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Unless you change u how to spell canucklehead, it will never be available on the forum. Once a name is taken, it is history, just like Confusedbuyer, no other lost soul can use it in the forum.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Quad Patrol

This sucks....

I think I told you guys about going over the bars at Miami when LJ, MD and his daughter? Well I just noticed that what I thought was bent bars, is a bent stearing stem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going to try and play with the tie rods and take some of it out.
If you didn't mention it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am sure someone that was there did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] MAn, that sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] those things are not cheap, wish you luck on the tie rods.
On the lower side of $150. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
That's not bad, ones I have seen are over $275 or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife roolled her quad up in the Sierras couple years ago and bent her steering stem, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't replaced it,for a couple of reasons 1) $$$$ 2) to much crap to remove to get to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and 3) once I replace it, she'll roll it again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ( just like a windshield, once you fix that crack, you get another one:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Quad Patrol

2 of my daughters and I, spent the weekend splitng firewood out at the ranch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After all of the years of working out there cutting and splitting wood, decided to actually use the quads as work horses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] WHY didn't I do this earlier[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It was so nice, not dodging brush piles and trees with the PSD and trailers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I even frabicated a hitch for the 80 mini raptor to pull a small trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Decided I needed to beef up the hitch on the Polaris 400, bent it pulling the log splitter around.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Twin 16 gallons. This is old body style. When they had front/rear tanks. He said he sucks down once he passes 70. We didn't drop under 70 between Fresno & Los Banos. Except the 99/152 interchange.
Hmmm, I thought the tanks were bigger then that. However, two of those tanks are bigger then my one tank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Air Cooled Rider

That's not bad, ones I have seen are over $275 or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife roolled her quad up in the Sierras couple years ago and bent her steering stem, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Haven't replaced it,for a couple of reasons 1) $$$$ 2) to much crap to remove to get to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and 3) once I replace it, she'll roll it again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ( just like a windshield, once you fix that crack, you get another one:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
This is for a stock stem. Aftermarket is really nice. But you're dropping $300-400 after all is said and done it seems like. Buy the stem, then you have to buy the bar clamps. Which they do make anti-vibe ones which would be really nice.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel