Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver

You know anyone with a mandrel metal bender[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
After pricing Mandrel tube benders Im going to get a JD2 model 3 bender. Its a manual tube bender that can be converted to hydraulic later. Im also looking for a TIG welder and possibly a MIG welder too. Did you ever find a welding table?
We've got a bench at the shop that works pretty good. The boss' brother in law owns a machine/fab shop and they built it (well they did the fab, welding from our design). IIRC 1/2" steel 4x8 plate on top. 6x6 square tube legs, err, maybe 4x4. Flange plates on the bottom for 6" castors (2 static and 2 swivel). Receptacles at all four corners. Just roll it wherever you need her, plug in and go to town. I guess it's not uncommon to find welders using it. We've got it for doing rigid pipe work. Have a 1/2"-2" RIGID threader, bench-top grinder, RIGID pipe clamp thing and a big @ss vise. We were going to put a drill-press on it. Boss ordered a 48" bench-top press. We took one look at it and realized that onle one guy in the shop would be tall enough to actually reach the handle. LOL Needless to say she's a bit heavy.

I also have the ability to move mine around to different areas in the shop. I can also put by vise on any side I want it on. Had an old rolling tool box that seemed to always be in the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] so I mounted it underneath the table and put my tools and helmets in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That way it's always with the table no matter where I move it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Quad Patrol

We've got a bench at the shop that works pretty good. The boss' brother in law owns a machine/fab shop and they built it (well they did the fab, welding from our design). IIRC 1/2" steel 4x8 plate on top. 6x6 square tube legs, err, maybe 4x4. Flange plates on the bottom for 6" castors (2 static and 2 swivel). Receptacles at all four corners. Just roll it wherever you need her, plug in and go to town. I guess it's not uncommon to find welders using it. We've got it for doing rigid pipe work. Have a 1/2"-2" RIGID threader, bench-top grinder, RIGID pipe clamp thing and a big @ss vise. We were going to put a drill-press on it. Boss ordered a 48" bench-top press. We took one look at it and realized that onle one guy in the shop would be tall enough to actually reach the handle. LOL Needless to say she's a bit heavy.
That sounds great B&RW. It does sound a little heavy. how you been?
I've been ok. Been trying to shake a bug since the end of March. Been over 2 weeks I've had this. Haven't ridden since Pres. Day weekend. Supposed to head over to Clear Creek for the day in a couple weeks. The Sunday after this. Hopefully it gets just a little bit of rain to keep the asbes...err...dust down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Other then that just workin. Doing a job from hell down in LaLa Land.

The boss has whored me out as a draftsman to this client. 240 hrs of drawing stuff for them. About 180 left. Right now it's not too bad. But I just can't wait. It's a large multi-national company, and as such they have to do things REALLY WEIRD! Friggin Excel worksheet just so you can figure out how the hell to name a drawing. A lot of the drawing is looking like its' going to be schematics for controls.

Well it's time to head off to work. Have to work our butts off today. Flying down tomorrow, I think, to have a meeting. OH JOY! My boss has the right idea: build another building from scratch and tear this one down.
Yes he does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I've been introduced to those Excel sheets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] A lot of work goes into them. Tomorrow I start an Engineer's estimate on construction cost for a Subdivision up north. Looks like it will be excel from he!! for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: Whitewater
Well, I just had the day from hell. Went to work at 0400 to get some "real work" done, and a contractor cut his damn thumb off...lifeflight had to airlift him to Salt Lake City. Sheesh...

We have an overhaul in a week, and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. We are shutting a unit down for 5 weeks of maintenance...which means I'll have 1,000 contractors crawling all over the place.

I think I need wifey to "relieve" some stress for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You didn't cut your thumb off so what's wrong with your right hand or are you a switch hitter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

He didn't say which wifey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So, we know the real one "ewe"ness will take care of his whiney little self[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Quad Patrol

COme on, don't they come in a covered trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

With all this rain, I thought for sure you wouldn't see any orange on that KTM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No they are moved on a flat bed trailer. Most of the machines are too tall to fit inside a trailer.

I have been so busy with Jetmoto its been too crazy. I do NEED to ride SOON though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
To big to fit in a trailer of an 18 wheeler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Was thinking about going Saturday to Carnegie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But hurt my shoulder last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and think it needs to rest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]

I dont know anyone who hasnt been sick for atleast 4 weeks since nov. I had a cough for 8 weeks that just wouldnt die. Let me know when you head to clear creek. I might head down for the day too.

Picturing you as a ***** is sort of disturbing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You dont draw stuff by hand do you?
I'm not quite sure how to, or if I really should answer that question. But I do draw drawings with AutoCAD. Well, actually we use Autodesk Building Systems 2004 which is a vertical market product based on AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop (which is based on AutoCAD...) It's supposed to make drawings electrical plans easier. Bah, not sure how much easier. None of the blocks are the right size at any scales other than say 1/4"=1' or 1/8"=1'. Light poles come in "at scale" which means they aren't big enough on a big plan that's say 1"=40' or so. "WTF is that dot with the "A" next to it?" "Uhh that's a light pole." "Oookkkk."

LOL!!! We have a guy at the office that drew by hand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that was, until he was rehired back on and was told to learn CAD. He supposedly knows he stuff, I don't work with him, so I can't say if he does or doesn't[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] He's been drafting for many many years though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Talk about printing and such. We finished a subdivision and submitted it to the city and contractors. I went through over 1500 feet of paper to get everything plotted and sent off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If the tree huggers ever walked into our office, they would get a restraining order to halt our production[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Speaking of tree huggers and halting production. This same subdivision has burrowing owls on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Developer has to wait until June or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] before he can start his work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's the owl's mating season!!!! Fortunately, there are 2 developers in the project and the second developer can move on with his part.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:47 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Talk about printing and such. We finished a subdivision and submitted it to the city and contractors. I went through over 1500 feet of paper to get everything plotted and sent off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If the tree huggers ever walked into our office, they would get a restraining order to halt our production[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Speaking of tree huggers and halting production. This same subdivision has burrowing owls on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Developer has to wait until June or so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] before he can start his work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's the owl's mating season!!!! Fortunately, there are 2 developers in the project and the second developer can move on with his part.
We've got 2 projects waiting on the rain to stop so we can work. One is a winery over in Monterey County that's gotta be running the first of August for the grape crush. Hopefully the season is late. They dinked around for so long figuring out how to downsize the project. Originally I think the start date was in Dec. Now the start date WAS 2 weeks ago. Our 40' trailer is staged over there, but they are waiting for the ground to firm up to actually put it where it is supposed to be. Just sitting on their road right now. The other project is up in Merced. Small medical office building. Considering all the rain and flooding they've had. Site guys needs 3 weeks of no rain before he can resume moving dirt. They were a few days into work when the skies opened up.

That winery is something else. No footings for the slab for the tanks. It's going to be a solid 18" thick pad. It's about 150' square, or so. If my math is correct that's over 1,250 yards of concrete. They have to schedule a batch plant. So when their day comes they HAVE to pour. We're going to have guys laying PVC as fast as they can as soon as the pad area is prepped.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

"Is that 4" or 6"? Hmmm"

That's the story of my life.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just ask my wife.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
C's is only 3"... But my wife likes it that wide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Hey, that might have been my first post over here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman

"Is that 4" or 6"? Hmmm"

That's the story of my life.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just ask my wife.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
C's is only 3"... But my wife likes it that wide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But is that circumference or diameter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel