Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Can computer chips do that, I mean make the dyno graph of a 4 stroke look like the dyno graph of a super modified banshee.

Your thoughts please.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

It can't be done. The closest you'l get is riding a YFZ450

Old 07-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

It is a completely different type of engine. There is no way to duplicate the characteristics because... well, it isnt a 2 stroke.

And the 2 stroke that seems most like a 4 stroke would be the big bore 2 strokes such as the CR500 and KX500... but it would take a big stock 4 stroke to equal the snappy torque and high end HP of a 500cc 2 stroke motoX bike.

But as far 4 strokes acting like 2 strokes... I suppose you could highly mod a EFI 700 Raptor, then use a PowerCommander* to de-tune its low RPM HP and torque so that it has a very snappy high RPM powerband such as a banshee.

*A PowerCommander is a fuel injection programmer, by the way. Very common in fuel injected sportbikes. Check my sig. VERY benificial.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

just put a banshee engine in a raptor or something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
there you go... a 4 stroke that acts like a 2 stroke.

why would you want to make a 4 stroke act like a 2 stroke anyways? if you want 2 stroke power then why not just get a 2 stroke. they will still be around for a long time. and yeah. the closest acting 4 stroker would be a yfz.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Guys how about my idea, I think I will patent it, just kidding, but seriously check this out:

Bring raptor 700 EFI and tell yamaha to com up with a chip programmed to inject little fuel from 0 rpm to 4,000 rpm and from 4,001 rpm to 9,000 rpm let it inject fuel 4 times more fuel than it currently does.

EFI units can be programed to inject more fuel at certain rpms, think about it.

I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE.

I will try call up the chief technical manager to tell him this.

If they will pay for my plane ticket and accomodation I fly over to Japan, I think it will be kind of cool if the cheif technical manager tells me come over we will pay every thing, you never know.

They will probably pay alot of money for my ideas.

I will probably put my name on the invention, how about EhLitdEwshEe.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Range Rover

what about redoing the gears? not just sprokets but the actual transmission?

Old 07-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Range Rover

BRP will release a clean burning 2-stroke sport quad soon.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep dreaming kid. Sales would be crap on that bike and the people that did buy it would quickly change the programming to get the low end power. Why the heck would you want to seriously detune an engine just to make it feel like it has a 'hit?' My thoughts are that in 10-15 years we will miss having brand new 2-strokes quads and dirtbikes like we miss 2-stroke streetbikes and cars. Oh yeah, and if you want to have a fourstroke that acts more like a two stroke, put a 4 banger crotch rocket engine in that frame.

Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Put a really big turbo on it that dosent spool up till about 6 thousand rpms. Voula, two stroke. Thats essentially why a to stroke acts the way it does. The pipe does the same job as a turbo but it only works at certain rpms (usually set to high so you make more hp).

Quick Reply: So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.