Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I've been ok. Been trying to shake a bug since the end of March. Been over 2 weeks I've had this. Haven't ridden since Pres. Day weekend. Supposed to head over to Clear Creek for the day in a couple weeks. The Sunday after this. Hopefully it gets just a little bit of rain to keep the asbes...err...dust down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Other then that just workin. Doing a job from hell down in LaLa Land.

The boss has whored me out as a draftsman to this client. 240 hrs of drawing stuff for them. About 180 left. Right now it's not too bad. But I just can't wait. It's a large multi-national company, and as such they have to do things REALLY WEIRD! Friggin Excel worksheet just so you can figure out how the hell to name a drawing. A lot of the drawing is looking like its' going to be schematics for controls.

Well it's time to head off to work. Have to work our butts off today. Flying down tomorrow, I think, to have a meeting. OH JOY! My boss has the right idea: build another building from scratch and tear this one down.
I dont know anyone who hasnt been sick for atleast 4 weeks since nov. I had a cough for 8 weeks that just wouldnt die. Let me know when you head to clear creek. I might head down for the day too.

Picturing you as a ***** is sort of disturbing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You dont draw stuff by hand do you?

Im not really fond of meetings myself.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:14 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: rescuediver

COme on, don't they come in a covered trailer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

With all this rain, I thought for sure you wouldn't see any orange on that KTM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No they are moved on a flat bed trailer. Most of the machines are too tall to fit inside a trailer.

I have been so busy with Jetmoto its been too crazy. I do NEED to ride SOON though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I dont know anyone who hasnt been sick for atleast 4 weeks since nov. I had a cough for 8 weeks that just wouldnt die. Let me know when you head to clear creek. I might head down for the day too.

Picturing you as a ***** is sort of disturbing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You dont draw stuff by hand do you?
I'm not quite sure how to, or if I really should answer that question. But I do draw drawings with AutoCAD. Well, actually we use Autodesk Building Systems 2004 which is a vertical market product based on AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop (which is based on AutoCAD...) It's supposed to make drawings electrical plans easier. Bah, not sure how much easier. None of the blocks are the right size at any scales other than say 1/4"=1' or 1/8"=1'. Light poles come in "at scale" which means they aren't big enough on a big plan that's say 1"=40' or so. "WTF is that dot with the "A" next to it?" "Uhh that's a light pole." "Oookkkk."

Im not really fond of meetings myself.
They only good thing is being able to fly. Kinda getting used to that. Plus, our guys keep getting us bad information. I actually asked my supervisor last night if I could strangle the foreman on that job. LOL We know what info we need from where and how it should be. The guys in the field never actually look at and undestand the schedules we put on the drawings is my guess. We're having to do an Available Fault Current study.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I'm not quite sure how to, or if I really should answer that question. But I do draw drawings with AutoCAD. Well, actually we use Autodesk Building Systems 2004 which is a vertical market product based on AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop (which is based on AutoCAD...) It's supposed to make drawings electrical plans easier. Bah, not sure how much easier. None of the blocks are the right size at any scales other than say 1/4"=1' or 1/8"=1'. Light poles come in "at scale" which means they aren't big enough on a big plan that's say 1"=40' or so. "WTF is that dot with the "A" next to it?" "Uhh that's a light pole." "Oookkkk."

They only good thing is being able to fly. Kinda getting used to that. Plus, our guys keep getting us bad information. I actually asked my supervisor last night if I could strangle the foreman on that job. LOL We know what info we need from where and how it should be. The guys in the field never actually look at and undestand the schedules we put on the drawings is my guess. We're having to do an Available Fault Current study.
Thats what I meant. when you said "draw" I pictured a large drawing board covered with eraser dust.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Thats what I meant. when you said "draw" I pictured a large drawing board covered with eraser dust.
Well with some of the inhabbitants around here it's hard to say how they would have taken that question/answer. Or maybe I'm just the weirdo....

And I didn't have to go to LaLa Land. I'm happy. Cause I'm friggin beat!

Of course I didn't mention a little detail. I get up this morning...at 10am...LOL and go flying out the door to find that my truck got egged last night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Now, I need food. The SPAM from last night has worn off. LOL

Old 04-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LMAO.. does anyone draw by hand.. I am so digitally minded i cant hardly write my name with a pen anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Trasher
Those darn green, double underlined words are back again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
If you dont like them.... hover over one to get the message up. then click IntelliTXT in the upper right of it. on the page that pops up at the bottom click on disable [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 05:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Well with some of the inhabbitants around here it's hard to say how they would have taken that question/answer. Or maybe I'm just the weirdo....

And I didn't have to go to LaLa Land. I'm happy. Cause I'm friggin beat!

Of course I didn't mention a little detail. I get up this morning...at 10am...LOL and go flying out the door to find that my truck got egged last night. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Now, I need food. The SPAM from last night has worn off. LOL
Were all a little strange B&RW. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Now thats a good thing!!

Your a little old for HS pranks. Any idea who the genius was?

Food is a good thing.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

LMAO.. does anyone draw by hand.. I am so digitally minded i cant hardly write my name with a pen anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I know one guy who happens to live down my street. VERY OLD SCHOOL!!

I print so much the only thing I can write in cursive is my name.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

My handwriting has always sucked. Supervisor asked me one time when we forgot some stuff and didn't want to spend $10 a sheet to reprint some vellum how my hand lettering was. I about laughed. "Unreadable" would be a good description. I should have been a Dr.

I haven't done any board drawings since Jan/Feb. of '95 when I got my first Real Job.

We just designed a remodel for a testing lab here in Fresno and the Arch. is still on the board. Had to recreated the floorplan in CAD. And stuff NEVER lines up correctly. "Is that 4" or 6"? Hmmm"

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel