Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

BlackandRed, yours only took 20 minutes to reply. When I started mine, you hadn't even posted yet. So, I guess I was about 40 minutes or so.

Anyways, I appologize for being winded and lengthy. Confused and MrTommy, I was only trying to give some pointers on where to look out for the chippies. I did not want to let this get into my beliefs on the issues. Unfortunately, I did. And I shouldn't have. Happy riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

One of these weekends im gonna unbolt the exhaust from the cat back(even though there is no cat) and see how it sounds.. lol Might be LOUD..

Discuss....

Old 07-14-2004, 04:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Powerstroke, You nailed it on the head, LOUD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Even with a little pipe length, it's going to be loud. You will get some power out of it, but how long do you go with no exhaust, before things start being effected and having problems? Or is this a "what the heck, let's try this" and see what happens?

Old 07-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Powerstroke, You nailed it on the head, LOUD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Even with a little pipe length, it's going to be loud. You will get some power out of it, but how long do you go with no exhaust, before things start being effected and having problems? Or is this a "what the heck, let's try this" and see what happens?
Lol i just want to see what it sounds like.. The muffler thats on there right now is almost straight through. Just would like to know the diffference..
I hear of alot of guys running no mufflers. Just a straight pipe..

Old 07-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Quad Patrol

I'm not one for loudness[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think it's from the wife always yelling at me and I just tune her out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Honestly, I think it will be excessively loud, your neighbors (if you have any) will wonder what the he!! is their crazy neighbor doing or what just crashed next door[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Tape your windows and open your doors. The vibration will rattle you till no end. But other then that, It will be great. J/K LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

I'm real tuned in to the noise thing to where I almost bought a pair of those 'silencer' mufflers they advertise on Fisher's TV show. But, after stepping back and listening to my wife's bike as she rides away (and mine is shut off), I really don't see the need. And I'm sure not going to open up the muffler, simply because I don't like the added noise. The engine makes enough all by itself. In fact, that had a deciding effect on NOT buying the muffler. What good is that when the engine makes so much noise? And besides, 'one-lungers' sound wimpy anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Maybe if I had one of them V-twin 650's it might be different, but my wimpy 400 would just be a nuisance noise...

Interesting reading there Rescue. And I agree with most of what you say. I am, after all, out there on the road every day too. But I just can't go along with a ticket for 2 mph over (all things being normal, i.e., perfect weather and no tailgaiting etc) because there are no two speedo's the same. The constabulary claim their speedo's are 'calibrated' regularly, and of course, so are the radar thingies. But, Joe Public NEVER gets to calibrate thier speedo's and NEVER have a clue how fast they're 'actually' going. And like someone else posted, most speedo's are a mile or two off anyway, and on the slow side at that. I periodically bring my GPS along to check my speedo against it and I always find that the truck's speedo is a couple miles off, depending on how new my tires are. It's just morally wrong to ticket for that close a speed because the average person thinks his speedo is right. But I guess you could then argue that if the speedo's are off by about two, then the person THINKS they're going five over when they're actually only going two over and deserve the ticket based on that. If traffic is running along at 2-3 over the limit, I'd think that was an unqualified victory for 'the man'. You can't ask for any more. But, this discussion could go on forever and prove nothing. My answer to this is - staying out of CA every chance I get [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Speaking of that, I'm off to work in a few minutes (I've taken up all my coffee drinking and time wasting time now, [about 20 minutes...] hanging out on the forum), and I'll be headed EAST - towards Salt Lake where the speed limit is 10 mph faster than my truck will go. Ha. See you guys in a couple days.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Uhh. we are on the same subject right? Taking the muffler off of the F250? lol

Old 07-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrTommy
Hey Whitewater,

The difference here is, we 'do' the forum at home while you 'do' the forum "on-the-clock"... That was you that had the luxury of all this at work wasn't it? I have to fight my wife off as I 'waste' time on this valuable asset [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Although I just got a new cell phone yesterday and it's web ready for my laptop. Problem is, how do you surf while driving big trucks down the highway?
I know, I know, I have it pretty rough. Confusedbuyer is right - the Mrs. might get jealous if I start "wasting time" at home writing quips to all of you. How do I break it to her that I wear the pants in the family and not her?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Who am I kidding?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Hey confused, I'll get back at you eventually (you know, from your wise crack comments). Hey, where are the pictures?

Gees, I'm pretty much out of the loop here with MrTommy, B&R, LtDan, Powerstroke01, and confused talking about speed limits, california pigs (no offense LtDan), removing exhausts, etc. I guess I need to stop going on vacation.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Did I happen to mention that I'm going to Moab for 4 days?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Power: you mean that thing actually does have a muffler? LOL. Sounds good though.

On the tailgaiting. I almost jumped outta the truck this morning and had words with the guy who was tailgating me. Only one thing, well two, stopped me. The light bar on top of the car and the dog in the back seat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Slightly OT, anyone know where calling law officers pigs comes from? I've always wondered. I guess it has to do with the fable of them hanging out at donut shops. Though in Clovis, I think they are specifically barred from going to donut shops. Seriously. I know at one point officers could get bonuses for being physically fit.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Slightly OT, anyone know where calling law officers pigs comes from? I've always wondered. I guess it has to do with the fable of them hanging out at donut shops. Though in Clovis, I think they are specifically barred from going to donut shops. Seriously. I know at one point officers could get bonuses for being physically fit.
Pig is a Latin word (opcay oveslay onutday), meaning protector of the dunkin donuts. Also, a piggery is a place where pigs work (cop shop).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel