Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Rumor has it they saw Hoss pan handling on the street corner with a sign that read: Need money for PSD tranny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: Trasher

That's the kicker right there. Not too many appreciated hard work and then just think that you did it once, they can get you to do it again, and again, .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

My company runs around like they are running the White house or something. Everything has to be done right now and they ask way too much of everyone all the time. People are having to take time off due to stress[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (I even have to once a week, for golf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Exactly!! Rather than appreciate it, they expect it. Pisses me off!! My boss wanted me to work 5 10 hr days. I told him 4-11's would have to do.

I refuse to work fridays anymore for this guy. Its just not going to happen.Im getting real tired of saving his @ss and then listening to him take the credit for it. If my boss would actually plan something I might feel obligated to help. As it is, its not happening.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Rumor has it they saw Hoss pan handling on the street corner with a sign that read: Need money for PSD tranny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I think I saw that on the news! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

That's the kicker right there. Not too many appreciated hard work and then just think that you did it once, they can get you to do it again, and again, .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

My company runs around like they are running the White house or something. Everything has to be done right now and they ask way too much of everyone all the time. People are having to take time off due to stress[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (I even have to once a week, for golf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Exactly!! Rather than appreciate it, they expect it. Pisses me off!! My boss wanted me to work 5 10 hr days. I told him 4-11's would have to do.

I refuse to work fridays anymore for this guy. Its just not going to happen.Im getting real tired of saving his @ss and then listening to him take the credit for it. If my boss would actually plan something I might feel obligated to help. As it is, its not happening.
This is the kicker. The boss is planning on having the entire crew work Memorial Weekend (Fri-Mon). One, teeny, tiny, little detail. He hasn't actually said anything to any of the guys yet, except the 2 guys that are working down there. My bro knows, because I've said something to him about it. But nobody else has heard from the boss. One guy absolutely will not work, understandable. The formemen will be guilted into it. Me thinks he's going to run into a problem.

He can't really require them to work it as it will be OT. Personally, I think he should pay the 2xOT for that weekend. Hell, most of the crew will probably be at the 2xOT level (>60hrs) anyways.

I know that I have plans to ride that weekend at Hollister. He will HAVE to pay me OT, not comp time if he wants me down there for any reason. He b!tches too much when you want to take the comp you earned.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-27-2006, 01:50 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

This is the kicker. The boss is planning on having the entire crew work Memorial Weekend (Fri-Mon). One, teeny, tiny, little detail. He hasn't actually said anything to any of the guys yet, except the 2 guys that are working down there. My bro knows, because I've said something to him about it. But nobody else has heard from the boss. One guy absolutely will not work, understandable. The formemen will be guilted into it. Me thinks he's going to run into a problem.

He can't really require them to work it as it will be OT. Personally, I think he should pay the 2xOT for that weekend. Hell, most of the crew will probably be at the 2xOT level (>60hrs) anyways.

I know that I have plans to ride that weekend at Hollister. He will HAVE to pay me OT, not comp time if he wants me down there for any reason. He b!tches too much when you want to take the comp you earned.
Typical!! Id be telling him about my plans for a 5 day mem day weekend today with that info. You know the friday before and the tues after! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
When I first moved to Newman I was offered the same pay that I was making in pleasanton to work in Turlock. The catch?? They didnt start their work day until 9:00 am and OT was a 7 day a week requirement. I didnt catch on until i was signing the agreement papers. I told him that for me to agree to that arrangement. My base pay would have to be atleast double what they were offering or forget it.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I had dinner with my boss last night. We were discussing activity levels that are required, training that is required, reporting, order processing time, travel, demo times, corporate meetings, industry meetings, email, etc.
(I have put the pencil to all this and knew how many hours that would be needed to get it all done on time)
I sat there asking him about how long he thought it really took to take care of all these tasks and i was writing all this down in front of him. then I added it all up and he was really shocked that all those hours were needed each week. I told him that is why you get emails from me at 11PM at night because I'M STILL WORKING!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I then asked him if he thought it was fair to that the company (and he) asked any employee to work like that. I then asked him if he knew if those hours would be approved by the labor board or our own HR dept. He had a pretty puzzled look on his face [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I told him I have a family and a life, both which come first before the company so I suggested he either look at all the tasks that need to be done and either delete some off the list or not put such short time lines on them. I said: better yet, here's the list, put them in the order that you want them done and I'll do my best to get them done starting at the top.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] He started to change his tune a bit and mellowed out.

Gotta find another job closer to home, maybe work back for myself again......

Old 04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I had dinner with my boss last night. We were discussing activity levels that are required, training that is required, reporting, order processing time, travel, demo times, corporate meetings, industry meetings, email, etc.
(I have put the pencil to all this and knew how many hours that would be needed to get it all done on time)
I sat there asking him about how long he thought it really took to take care of all these tasks and i was writing all this down in front of him. then I added it all up and he was really shocked that all those hours were needed each week. I told him that is why you get emails from me at 11PM at night because I'M STILL WORKING!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I then asked him if he thought it was fair to that the company (and he) asked any employee to work like that. I then asked him if he knew if those hours would be approved by the labor board or our own HR dept. He had a pretty puzzled look on his face [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I told him I have a family and a life, both which come first before the company so I suggested he either look at all the tasks that need to be done and either delete some off the list or not put such short time lines on them. I said: better yet, here's the list, put them in the order that you want them done and I'll do my best to get them done starting at the top.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] He started to change his tune a bit and mellowed out.

Gotta find another job closer to home, maybe work back for myself again......
My supervisor works some seriously long hours sometimes. Usually comes in at 9am (drops his kids off at pvt. school). Sometimes doesn't leave until midnight. But leaves anywhere from 5 (if wifey can't pick up the kids) until about 7. Boss complains when he takes off early for a school function or whatever. Just because (from what I've heard) he wasn't involved in his kids lives growing up, doesn't mean that's the way everyone is.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Those are some foolish hours. He needs to get a life. He could start by being there for his kids before their gone

Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Well guys I got some bad work news. Coworker was killed in an MC accident in the foothills north of town riding after work.

Was looking forward to playing airsoft this weekend, now it's like whatever. My bro is taking it pretty hard. He liked the guy, but didn't like working him a lot. One coworker went by the office and said the boss was just sitting in his office completely blank.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry Skinner for your loss.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel