Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: nedflanders
Happy Gilmore is yet another flic that was filmed here. the golf course shots are from a course in Pitt Meadows.

well I splurged today. bought a digital caliper, solar auto-darkening welding helmet and a whole bunch of other stuff. I have a little 70AMP arc welder, and I've NEVER welded before. everyone tells me wire feed is easier. they have a really nice Deca wire feed welder at Princess Auto (same as your Harbour Freight). well, I guess i'll try burning holes in steel tomorrow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Arc welders are better for heavy metals but you can't beat the speed of a mig welder. Their great for the thinner metals and lays a lot of weld down quickly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
Quad Patrol

Happy Gilmore is yet another flic that was filmed here. the golf course shots are from a course in Pitt Meadows.

well I splurged today. bought a digital caliper, solar auto-darkening welding helmet and a whole bunch of other stuff. I have a little 70AMP arc welder, and I've NEVER welded before. everyone tells me wire feed is easier. they have a really nice Deca wire feed welder at Princess Auto (same as your Harbour Freight). well, I guess i'll try burning holes in steel tomorrow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I bought a auto darkening helmet and love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Won't go back to a dark one unless I am watching my daughter weld[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's great not trying to start a strike in the dark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Wire feed is way easier[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you buy one, I suggest a quality welder, I bought the Hobart 140 for around $350[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Very happy with it.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TrasherArc welders are better for heavy metals but you can't beat the speed of a mig welder. Their great for the thinner metals and lays a lot of weld down quickly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You are so right about laying down a lot of welds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've welded decent size metal with mine, might have to go a little thick on the bead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So far at the ranch the welds are holding up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Another good thing about an arc welder is the metal doesn't have to be as clean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

A CXT would be nice, but for $120K I think I'll go with something a little smaller and get the nice toy box. I see the CXT and I think of 3 things: 1) someone with two much money, 2) man with size issues and 3) someone who has to have bigger, better, etc. that his buddies.
there ya go being practical and sensible again skinner, SHEESH!

Ya know, I've never seen one live, only in magazines. but what you're saying is exactly what I think when I see a Hummer. The first generations designed for military use were neat, but the rest are for napoleon-pecker complex men. my 10 y/o likes the CXT, but he's into total 4x4 stuff.
And the actual real Hummer's (aka HMMWV or however the hell the gov. calls it) isn't even that great. Does a lot of things decently. But nothing all that great. And unreliable. Considering it's using that masterpiece of automotive engineering: GM 6.2L Diesel you can't expect much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-24-2006, 02:30 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Oh, and yeah, I'm posting from work. Gotta get this damn project done. At least I've figured out how to really use this new app we dropped $6,500 for. My plan is to work until 4am, go home, shower, eat breakfast and come back at 6. Came in at 2pm, left at 8pm and just got back.

Fresno PD was scraping some little red car off the ground around the corner. NOt sure what happened, but it hit SOMETHING. What that something was, I don't know. I'm thinking brick wall by the shape, but since there isn't one in the middle of the intersection.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: TrasherArc welders are better for heavy metals but you can't beat the speed of a mig welder. Their great for the thinner metals and lays a lot of weld down quickly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You are so right about laying down a lot of welds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've welded decent size metal with mine, might have to go a little thick on the bead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So far at the ranch the welds are holding up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Another good thing about an arc welder is the metal doesn't have to be as clean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You want every weld to be as clean as possible before welding with any welder type

Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

A CXT would be nice, but for $120K I think I'll go with something a little smaller and get the nice toy box. I see the CXT and I think of 3 things: 1) someone with two much money, 2) man with size issues and 3) someone who has to have bigger, better, etc. that his buddies.
there ya go being practical and sensible again skinner, SHEESH!

Ya know, I've never seen one live, only in magazines. but what you're saying is exactly what I think when I see a Hummer. The first generations designed for military use were neat, but the rest are for napoleon-pecker complex men. my 10 y/o likes the CXT, but he's into total 4x4 stuff.
And the actual real Hummer's (aka HMMWV or however the hell the gov. calls it) isn't even that great. Does a lot of things decently. But nothing all that great. And unreliable. Considering it's using that masterpiece of automotive engineering: GM 6.2L Diesel you can't expect much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And a Turbo 400 trans which has been around for many years

Old 04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and yeah, I'm posting from work. Gotta get this damn project done. At least I've figured out how to really use this new app we dropped $6,500 for. My plan is to work until 4am, go home, shower, eat breakfast and come back at 6. Came in at 2pm, left at 8pm and just got back.

Wow!!! That's some serious working your doing there.
I can't get how companys can demand that type of work from any employee. It's not like to are running the white house or something. Getting to sound like my company[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

What happened to going home at 5? I hope their kickin in some more coin for your hard work

Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Where's Hoss been?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] He's been missing ever since he brought the mighty PSD (on topic for once[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) for some tranny work. Maybe he's in the hospital from a bad case of sticker shock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

just wondering the same thing.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel